+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Living without a soul

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Living without a soul

Greetings all, recently I had a dream in which someone took possesion of my soul, I awoke feeling very different, almost no emotions what so ever and still feel this way to this very day. Is it possible to be walking, talking, breathing and such without having a soul?

Default Re: Living without a soul

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Greetings all, recently I had a dream in which someone took possesion of my soul, I awoke feeling very different, almost no emotions what so ever and still feel this way to this very day. Is it possible to be walking, talking, breathing and such without having a soul?
    Greetings to you friend..it sounds like you've achieved Buddhist Nirvana: No Self
    You should go to your nearest Zen Center and check this out..P.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Depends how you define a soul..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    Greetings to you friend..it sounds like you've achieved Buddhist Nirvana: No Self
    You've been in quite the Zen mood as of late haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    You've been in quite the Zen mood as of late haven't you?
    Actually studied it for around- hmm...five years maybe-- and did sit Zazen for awhile-- -- not wanting to be too controversial on these boards..if you want to know what I concluded abt it all..we can talk off -boards..P.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Actually studied it for around- hmm...five years maybe-- and did sit Zazen for awhile-- -- not wanting to be too controversial on these boards..if you want to know what I concluded abt it all..we can talk off -boards..P.
    I don't think that's possible here...plus it's make for an interesting topic. Though with all the food topics lately I think it may turn out to be a culinary board soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I don't think that's possible here...plus it's make for an interesting topic. Though with all the food topics lately I think it may turn out to be a culinary board soon enough.

What I meant was -- I don't want to offend anybody-- just as I was saying on the Demon board abt Wicca-- let's just say I became skeptical as well abt the claims of Buddhism-- P.

Sounds like a very interesting dream (although I think your soul is still around). Have you ever tried lucid dreaming?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Hmm no soul where the heck is my dream book...alright here...

Lost-The Search for teh lost object or the lost chord( in the sense of missing vibration) epitomises the search for enlightenment. To have lost something in a dream may mean that we have forgotten, or are ot of touch with, matters which could be important. To have suffered some kind of loss or deprevation may mean that part of ourselves or our lives is now dead or defunct and we must learn to cope without it. This ma be ab oppurtunity, a friend or a way of thought which has previously sustained us. We may have lost the ability or the motivation to make clear decisions and must remain in a state of confussion. Often this type of dream is classified as an anxiety dream.

Mother Superior

Personally, I don't think living without a soul would be possible. Depends on your belief system I suppose. I am sure you will be feeling a bit back to yourself eventually. What happens to us in our daily lives ,our desires, thoughts and fears spill over to our dream state.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Sold mine - got me a nice bottle of French red.

Buddhism and such aside do you not think you were maybe recalling that episode of the Simpsons where Bart trades in his soul?

Indeed.

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

My beliefs as of late have been changing and I don't know what to believe anymore. However I would have to say our soul is what makes us alive. But I don't know.

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

i will buy your soul

Quote Originally Posted by Vempyrik
    i will buy your soul
    You already have mine!

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I sold my soul for five bucks and milhouse traded it for Alf Pogs. Remember Alf? Well he's back, in Pog form!

Doesnt quite feel as though I have attained nirvana (from what i have studied on it, it is a sense of true peace and contentment yes?) more like an abscence of who I am, I no longer laugh, cry, become angered......just HERE. What can this mean?

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    You already have mine!
    oh okay

Doesnt quite feel as though I have attained nirvana (from what i have studied on it, it is a sense of true peace and contentment yes?) more like an abscence of who I am, I no longer laugh, cry, become angered......just HERE. What can this mean?
    Actually no one can describe (supposedly) what nirvana 'is' - it's supposed to be beyond terms..
    But more pragmatically - you sound like someone who's in a state of shock maybe....a kind of numbness? Has something recently happened to you?
    P.

Actually no one can describe (supposedly) what nirvana 'is' - it's supposed to be beyond terms..
    But more pragmatically - you sound like someone who's in a state of shock maybe....a kind of numbness? Has something recently happened to you?
    P.
    Well, when it first happened, I was reacquinted with a former love who has since married. Most recently, a very good friend of mine passed away in a car accident, but I was feeling this way before both of these occurences. My former fiancee whom I parted with on bad terms does practice dark wicca, but I was protected from her.

Well, when it first happened, I was reacquinted with a former love who has since married. Most recently, a very good friend of mine passed away in a car accident, but I was feeling this way before both of these occurences. My former fiancee whom I parted with on bad terms does practice dark wicca, but I was protected from her.
    First you say 'when it first happened' then you say it was going on 'before' both occurences..I don't know- it could be low grade depression..one form is called 'anhedonia'- I've had that after I went through the death of a sibling....although it was punctuated with episodes of intense rage..P.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

okay who was she?

Quote Originally Posted by Vempyrik
    oh okay
    How many do you need?

koolagh- how long has this been going on? Numbness can be protection from intesnse emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    koolagh- how long has this been going on? Numbness can be protection from intesnse emotions.
    This has been going on for about two months now.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    okay who was she?
    Who was this directed to CPRB?

Slave326667's Avatar Slave & Master.

Witchcraft can do that as well... that is... If you belive it. I on the other hand would think it to be you giving yourself these feelings. It's amazing what self destruction your mind can hold over your body.

Mother Superior

Hmmm dark magic, you may very well be under physical attack and not know it. Did this happen after you and the practitioner had broke things off? I don't see where she could fuck you with Magick unless it was justifiable, then it's open season. I have been doing Black Magick for 18 years , I am more than educated on the subject.

My former fiancee was bi-polar with manic depressive tendencies. She would see me as working against her for spending $3 on a pack of cigarettes for myself instead of $20 on beer for her. We are both practicing wiccans, but she chose the "left-handed" path. I (and others) have warded, binded and shielded her, yet the sense of loss continues. Any advice from other practitioners? I have tried defending myself using wicca, asatro (sp), even demonic methods.

Mother Superior

I believe that when we use Magick we are all tapping into the same force, which is nature. I think it is possible that you are all with her in mind and in your collective conscience you may be giving her power. In collective conscience it is where many people are thinking the same thing and in turn it then comes true. I suggest you get together with your other practitioners and those involved, and discuss this as a possibilty.. if you already haven't. There you all need to exorcise this subconscious thought that is in you and openly discuss it. Words that are unspoken are extremely hurtful and damaging. Do these things verbally, in the vibration of the voice, there is much power, it is going into the Universe and will come back to fuck you everytime If you are not mindful of what you speak outloud.. You have to face things head on, there are no shortcuts to psychic self-defense. You need to ask for forgiveness verbally if you have done anything that was remotely wrong to this woman, that is a first step. That breaks any bind she may have over you, there is much power in forgiveness of yourself and others. There is a big difference in forgiving than in forgetting.

many thanks for that mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Hmmm dark magic, you may very well be under physical attack and not know it. Did this happen after you and the practitioner had broke things off? I don't see where she could fuck you with Magick unless it was justifiable, then it's open season. I have been doing Black Magick for 18 years , I am more than educated on the subject.
    Dark Wicca? What in the name of Aleister Crowley's anorak is that? How can you be under 'physical attack' and not know it? (Unless you were really rat-arsed drunk maybe?) I suspect you mean 'psychic attack', though if you've been 'doing' Black Magick (sic) for 18 years you really ought to know the difference.

No offence meant and sorry if that sounds harsh, I guess you were trying to help, but get your facts at least sort of straight before making grand claims. Why can't somebody be cursed unless they deserve it? I believe magic - including curses - can work under certain circumstances, but this sounds a lot more like somebody working themselves up into a state about nothing in particular. It'll pass - if you let it.

Mother Superior

No problem. If you have any other thoughts or questions, feel free to ask or pm. This should stop her in her tracks, you letting go will bring you peace. Belief is a tool.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    Dark Wicca? What in the name of Aleister Crowley's anorak is that? How can you be under 'physical attack' and not know it? (Unless you were really rat-arsed drunk maybe?) I suspect you mean 'psychic attack', though if you've been 'doing' Black Magick (sic) for 18 years you really ought to know the difference.

No offence meant and sorry if that sounds harsh, I guess you were trying to help, but get your facts at least sort of straight before making grand claims. Why can't somebody be cursed unless they deserve it? I believe magic - including curses - can work under certain circumstances, but this sounds a lot more like somebody working themselves up into a state about nothing in particular. It'll pass - if you let it.
    Listen, you don't even know me, so I suggest you mind your own business. I made a typo. You are perfect? I think thats all I have to say to you.

whoa people, last thing anybody needs right now is more negativity, it was a typo, thats all, dont everybody get bent out of shape

Mother Superior

No problem here. I know what I am about. You can't talk about Magick in an open forum without people that don't know much about it mocking or thinking they know what's going on. I paid my dues and no one wants to get caught up in my shit.

I believe that when we use Magick we are all tapping into the same force, which is nature. I think it is possible that you are all with her in mind and in your collective conscience you may be giving her power. In collective conscience it is where many people are thinking the same thing and in turn it then comes true. I suggest you get together with your other practitioners and those involved, and discuss this as a possibilty.. if you already haven't. There you all need to exorcise this subconscious thought that is in you and openly discuss it. Words that are unspoken are extremely hurtful and damaging. Do these things verbally, in the vibration of the voice, there is much power, it is going into the Universe and will come back to fuck you everytime If you are not mindful of what you speak outloud.. You have to face things head on, there are no shortcuts to psychic self-defense. You need to ask for forgiveness verbally if you have done anything that was remotely wrong to this woman, that is a first step. That breaks any bind she may have over you, there is much power in forgiveness of yourself and others. There is a big difference in forgiving than in forgetting.
    Your words and advice I am sure will help Koolagh but they have also helped me to understand in my own situation and problem. I will think back to your words to finnaly end my troubles. Thanks!

Koolagh, I hope everything goes well and that you return to being your self again! I used to live in Dallas and attend The Church. I miss it very much! Keep me posted on events going on! Thanks!

Mother Superior

Koolagh: This is something you can do in the interim. I am so sorry I forgot to mention this. Working with sigils is very powerful, what happens is that you'd write down a desire or intention and distort it. I will instruct you how to do this in a moment. You will initially know what it stands for and represents but after time it seeps into your subconscious mind and you will not remember what the sigil stood for, it will be extemely vague. This is the point where the sigil becomes its most powerful because it is not in your conscious mind anylonger and has now been transferred into the ether. This is what you do:

Write out a desire or thought. I will give you an example: It is my intention to feel as I felt in the past and be at peace.

Note: Never use or say I "want"... simply because everyone wants, it has no power in it, it's said too often.

You take that statement, you delete the vowels, and any double consonants, this will leave you with various letters . You take these letters and you make a sigil out of them. A sigil is a creation of art of your own, you can make it any way you'd like, any size, it's all up to you. You can also make as many as you'd like, there is no limit. Once you do this, put the sigil away or hang it up, it doesn't matter, after a while you will not really remember what you wrote. When these things you wrote begin to occur, you will then be reminded. Austin Osman Spare made sigils that were extremely powerful and they do work.

No problem here. I know what I am about. You can't talk about Magick in an open forum without people that don't know much about it mocking or thinking they know what's going on. I paid my dues and no one wants to get caught up in my shit.
    You're quite right - I don't want to get caught up in your, or indeed anybody else's 'shit'. I apologise again. I had no intention of attacking you personally - I don't believe such personal attacks are productive or particularly brave in cyberspace. On the other hand I will challenge people's opinions or beliefs on a forum, as that's how we learn things. I'm told my tone can be somewhat abraisive, which is perhaps unfortunate, but if you have something to say then I'm more than interested to hear it.

Perhaps I could explain myself a little better. Either the realms of the paranormal and occult that we're delving into here are real - in which this is, to borrow a phrase, 'deep shit' - or not, in which case I'm not convinced it's worth talking about at all outside of games and movies. For this reason, I reckon I'm justified in asking for precision and clarification. As you'll know if this is your chosen path, minor slips and slapdash spelling can have disastrous consequences down the line.

I'm reminded of a self-styled vampire who ran an advice column in a British vampire magazine. She habitually referred to vampires being 'photogenic' - I assume she meant 'photophobic' - which while kind of funny (some say vampires don't show up on film, while vampire life-stylers are often difficult to keep away from cameras) didn't exactly send her credibility through the roof.

+ Reply to Thread