+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How we all became.

Default Re: How we all became.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    See, thats the part that baffles me, what happened before (insert whatever you believe happened) and how did that become? I try not to think about it cause I think its something no one will ever really know, but its still something to ponder on occasion and I thought this would make a good discussion. Maybe even get some new theories out there.
    About big bang theory.... Let's assume that string theory is accurate and that there is 10+1 dimensions (99.9 of scientist do). Then it looks like this:

Imagine very flexible paper that bends all the ways. Now imagine many papers like that that bends as they like and they can go trough each other. On every point they meet there is a big bang. Now, theoretically number of papers in infinite so there's infinite amount of big bangs and "parallel" universes.

That's how it looks on string plane.And don't forget that it's 10 dimensional plus time as eleventh dimension.

That plane connects every other universe with ours and since time is relative there one second there might seem as trillion years here AND! vice versa.

Now, even we are connected with other dimensions we can't travel there because laws of physics are totally different than in our universe. We have almost perfect balance between dark and light matter. Imperfections in our universe are black holes. Other universes might look very chaotic or very calm with no stars and such.

There is para-science or more like para-religion that claims that we are able to travel to other universes and that one of them is the perfect one which is heaven. Apparently when you die there are more lights into which you can go. Blue one is for that perfect universe aka heaven, white is for reincarnation etc.

What's the only thing faster than light? It's thought. In our thought we can reach sun in moment while light takes several minutes to travel from sun to us.

bump

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    What's the only thing faster than light? It's thought. In our thought we can reach sun in moment while light takes several minutes to travel from sun to us.
    What are you talking about? Psychic communication? If we could send psychic messages through our solar system I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t necessarily travel faster than light. Likely they would travel like radio transmissions and possibly get lost or contaminated in transit (at least for the first several hundred years until we fine-tune the process). We don’t reach the sun with our thought. We see it with our eyes and we don't even see it as it is right now.

Thought (or imagination) is a function of processing power and as 2008 humans, we don’t process all that fast at all.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

maybe I'm wrong here, but I think that the notion is that perception informs reality, at least as far as the viewer is concerned.

you should know that there is no light speed, it's just a metaphor for the concept of space and time, a concept which is actually irrelevant. there isn't even any light, it's merely our visual interpretation of a process.

there are many other processes that are invisible to us. many of them are even known to us through indirect observation. The other spectrum of light beyond the so-called 7 colors- for example. We would have a much different view of the world if we could see, just to name one, x-ray vision.

For every action there is not just a reaction, but a multitude of possibilities. Some of these will be actualized, and some will not. We distinguish between the two, one has being "real" and having meaning and the other as not, but we can see (if we care to look, or more accurately, care to acknowledge), just like the other light spectrum, that beyond our own ideas, the universe doesn't make such a distinction. That is why time and space are irrelevant.

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound? yes of course it does. we have knowledge of the situation from prior experience, so we can make an informed perception without direct first-hand experience in this situation. This is a lesson that tells us that there is a reality that exists objectively, whether we experience it or not.

Azreal Lucifuge's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    What are you talking about? Psychic communication? If we could send psychic messages through our solar system I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t necessarily travel faster than light. Likely they would travel like radio transmissions and possibly get lost or contaminated in transit (at least for the first several hundred years until we fine-tune the process). We don’t reach the sun with our thought. We see it with our eyes and we don't even see it as it is right now.

Thought (or imagination) is a function of processing power and as 2008 humans, we don’t process all that fast at all.

But what about a sentient being(s) that worked as a hive mind? Anyone ever read Ender's Game? Something similar to the Xenomorphs depicted in that fiction. It's theoretically possible, just not found or proven, as of yet.

About big bang theory.... Let's assume that string theory is accurate and that there is 10+1 dimensions (99.9 of scientist do). Then it looks like this:

Imagine very flexible paper that bends all the ways. Now imagine many papers like that that bends as they like and they can go trough each other. On every point they meet there is a big bang. Now, theoretically number of papers in infinite so there's infinite amount of big bangs and "parallel" universes.

That's how it looks on string plane.And don't forget that it's 10 dimensional plus time as eleventh dimension.

That plane connects every other universe with ours and since time is relative there one second there might seem as trillion years here AND! vice versa.

Now, even we are connected with other dimensions we can't travel there because laws of physics are totally different than in our universe. We have almost perfect balance between dark and light matter. Imperfections in our universe are black holes. Other universes might look very chaotic or very calm with no stars and such.

There is para-science or more like para-religion that claims that we are able to travel to other universes and that one of them is the perfect one which is heaven. Apparently when you die there are more lights into which you can go. Blue one is for that perfect universe aka heaven, white is for reincarnation etc.

My thought on this is as such:

The universe in infinitely big. There could possibly be an infinite number of universes. If the universe is infinitely big, would it not be more reasonable to say that these parallel "dimensions" are actually just star systems that are SOOOOOOO far away the distance almost seems infinite? Because the universe is infinitely big, meaning that anything that can happen will, it's just WAY too far away for OUR portion of the universe to be able to comprehend it at this point in time, even though we probably will later?

Unless of course we humans continue down the path we're on and blow up the earth before we figure out how to get off it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

infinite is a mathematical concept, not a scientific notion.

science operates on the basis of observed phenomenon. infinite cannot be observed directly or indirectly by any means, so it can be said to not exist. it would have the same effect as nothing. it would have no effect at all.

take my previous example. If there was an infinite number of possible actions, then they would all have equal probability, which would effectively be zero. nothing would ever happen. But in a finite number, there would be a degree of actualization.

it's just another short sighted perspective, even though ironically, it seems like the longest grasp of all.

Infinite is an illusion created by a gap in perception. If something is so vast that it has no conceivable end (from your perspective) then it would appear to be endless. but that doesn't make it so.

I use the ironic expression "near infinite" to describe this phenomenon.

But yeah, what you describe seems to be the case. That is the only thing that makes sense to explain why our universe isn't constantly being destroyed, or new one's popping up all over the place all the time.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    kinda sounds like roid rage to me..lol
    Yes. Hemorrhoids also throw me into rage. Nice analogy, SD!

You are put in a room. There are no windows. Nor carpet, furniture, or even walls, for that matter. You start to walk. You walk for years and years and years. You have no need for food, water or sleep. You are immortal. You keep walking. The plane you walk on is perfectly(this is a concept vastly misunderstood) flat. The equation for the line you walk on is y=0, z=x. Therefore, you keep walking. You never stop. You only walk in a straight line. You walk forever. Gravity is not a factor. In addition to being immortal, you travel as though you were a spirit, unseen, felt, heard, smelled or tasted by any form of living being. You simply continue. Where do you stop?

You stop when you reach an impassible wall. But what is on the other side of the wall? It can't be nothing. It could be anything. The law of improbability states that the less likely something is to happen, the more likely it will.

But you are a shade.

So the wall does not stop you. You continue.

You see an uncountable number of various things to your left, your right, above and below you. But you simply continue in the direction you started. Eventually you start having deja vu.

Is this because you walked in a circle, or you traveled so far you are simply seeing the same thing in a different place and time. Could be trillions of years later, or at the very same time. Depends on how fast you are traveling and how far you've gone.

Yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal Lucifuge
    You see an uncountable number of various things to your left, your right, above and below you. But you simply continue in the direction you started. Eventually you start having deja vu.

Is this because you walked in a circle, or you traveled so far you are simply seeing the same thing in a different place and time. Could be trillions of years later, or at the very same time. Depends on how fast you are traveling and how far you've gone.
    I like this.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    wow..just wow..

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Ah yes, the other 'roids weight lifters have to deal with....

Unfortunately, when you're supporting six hundred pounds plus over your shoulders, you squat down til your thighs break parallel with the floor, and you stand up, something is gonna give. Tiny blood vessels usually - sometimes they get a red eye from the eye bleeding internally. And sometimes they pop out some vein clusters in the anal region....

What do they call that when it happens big time? Bustin' the O ring? I'm sure we've all seen some of those pics on the web of this occurrence....Yuck!

I meant thoughts... that what you think of... about psychic communication, well... that's another topic... I got some theories of my own on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal Lucifuge
    My thought on this is as such:

The universe in infinitely big. There could possibly be an infinite number of universes. If the universe is infinitely big, would it not be more reasonable to say that these parallel "dimensions" are actually just star systems that are SOOOOOOO far away the distance almost seems infinite? .......
    No it won't. By other universe it's meant other universe with their own big bangs and their own laws of physics as well as different balance between dark and light matter.

If in beginning of our universe was no dark matter then there would be no stars and such because all matter (plasma at that time) will spread out evenly from the center of explosion making a universe with homogenized mass. Dark matter was responsible for regular matter to start making clumps and eventually stars and galaxies.

I meant thoughts... that what you think of...
    Seems to me that you are talking more about imagination than knowledge. I can imagine a duck swimming in frog faeces pretty fast but that doesn't mean that I know exactly what a duck swimming in frog faeces is.

Seems to me that you are talking more about imagination than knowledge. I can imagine a duck swimming in frog faeces pretty fast but that doesn't mean that I know exactly what a duck swimming in frog faeces is.
    Probably it's a fetish somewhere. Lol!

Probably it's a fetish somewhere. Lol!
    Japanese version of peking duck. Tokyo duck.

Can be said so. Imagination is made of thought's. Isn't it? But not all thoughts are imagination. So... Thoughts to be more precisely
    Last edited by OliX; 08-16-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling :)

When it comes to science vs. imagination, I feel it's quite the conundrum. I, myself, would rather believe something if science can prove it. Then again, this week science can say red tomatoes lengthen a person's life and next week they can say it causes ass cancer. Clinical testing is all so bias. If a scientist has a theory...and he believes in this theory...REALLY believes...He can skew findings to prove his theory correctly. I believe this shit happens all the time. So, then the answer becomes....What is really the truth and what is really a "false" fact? Point in fact....It is taught in school that Paul Revere rode through the countryside yelling to all that could hear, "The British are coming...The British are coming." Historians will then tell you that, this is utter rubbish. That he did ride, but only got like a mile or two. It was another guy (His name alludes me), that really went the distance and warned the colonials. Why isn't this guy in the history books? Because he didn't have a catchy name like Paul Revere. So what REALLY is the truth. Maybe Mulder knows.....

+ Reply to Thread