+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How we all became.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default How we all became.

How did we all become? By that I mean, how did the entirty of the universe start? And what happened afterwards?

Do you believe in the Big Bang Theory? Theory of Creation? Evolution? Etc.

Maybe we just aren't supposed to know how everything began, but does anyone personal theories?

Personally, I don't believe in God, so I don't believe in the Theory of Creation persay, but it strains my brain to think of how everything began, and how whatever it was the made that happen began, and how whatever made that happen began and so on and so on. I know it had to start somewhere, but what was the very begining? Am I making sense?

Anyway, tell me your thoughts, I want to hear them all!

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default Re: How we all became.

Creative Evolution... we have evolved but it was God's idea...

the measurement of time is "man-made" who's to say that 7 days to God isn't 7 million years...

why does it have to be just one theory, why can't we mix them up a little...?

We're just a giant Sims game!

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

i blame it on Chuck Norris...

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I think some questions are better left unanswered. I'm happy just living my life and tbh I don't really care how it all started.
    (Does that sound rude? I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just saying..)

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion, no you dont sound rude. I'm glad that you can unoffensively state your stance. No doubt most of us here have a difference in opinion, and there's no realistic way to prove what really happened.
    All we have is the feeling within that propels us one way or another.

Just remain true to yourself, and tolerate others with a different opinion.

I got plenty material on this topic but it's kinda late to start it now.... ok, I'll post just this for beginning.

Universe is one. And god is one. What does it tells us. God that all monotheistic religions praise is actually universe we live in including us,

There was this donkey.

You could sort of call it a "Great Cosmic Donkey in the Sky", but it pretty much looked like a regular old donkey.

It was totally minding it's own business when a Clown ran up behind it, and kicked it in the balls with his big clown feet.

Now this donkey did two things. First it kicked, and bit the Clown. Secondly it was so shocked, and pained by the sudden assault on it's testicles that it shit out a huge squirt of donkey liquid donkey shit, which became the Universe.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    Creative Evolution... we have evolved but it was God's idea...

the measurement of time is "man-made" who's to say that 7 days to God isn't 7 million years...

why does it have to be just one theory, why can't we mix them up a little...?
    It can be whatever you believe it to be. Those were just examples, hence the etc. part.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    i blame it on Chuck Norris...
    Blame? Shouldn't you be thanking him?

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    It can be whatever you believe it to be. Those were just examples, hence the etc. part.
    exactly... i was just putting the two "main" theories together... the ones that people fight in court over... i live my life to a standard of honor and integrity by choice, not because i have to... i truly believe that the truth is made up of lots of pieces of everything out there.... but i also don't lose much sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    Blame? Shouldn't you be thanking him?
    umm..i guess?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I try not to spend too much time on this subject in my mind, because the truth is we probably will never know why or how it all started....At least from the beginning of time....That is, if there ever was such an existence called "The beginning of time" to even start out with....

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Believing in God is moving the goalposts.

"I can't possibly fathom that everything could just come into play/being in an enormous bang starting in an infinitesimally small point.

Instead, I prefer to believe in this uncreated Sky Daddy being who looks like Charlton Heston in a bathrobe who said okay, earth here, sky here, etc.

This earth and universe and everything in it is too incomprehensibly complex to just have happened."

"So you believe in, by definition, a more complex, powerful and incredible thing? So who made God? When/how did God come into being?"

"Ah, well, God just is, and has magic powers to make all this happen."

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay."

Are you calling out someone's beliefs? please clarify. Am I missing something?

"So you believe in, by definition, a more complex, powerful and incredible thing? So who made God?

Tom Cruise

*giggles behind hand*

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

I tend to believe the Big Bang Theory, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what was before the bang. If nothing existed before the Bang, what was that like?

If the expanding universe will one day stop expanding, and then start contracting, then all the matter crashes together and once again there is another Bang, then which number of Bangs are we in right now? Sometimes it gets too mind boggling to think about it too much and I just want to live my life and enjoy it and not worry so much about how it all started. It would be nice to know the answer to it all but how can we be sure it is the correct answer.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I don't think the how is as important as the why..................

kinda like sex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I don't think the how is as important as the why..................

kinda like sex
    human existence is like sex? lol..

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

there's a really a lot I want to say in this thread, and I think i have some answers to your questions riko. But I'm on my way out the door, so it will have to wait until later. I'll be back.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Michael Stipe explained it all. .o 0 That's great! It starts with an earthquake. Just remember it's great. That's all you really need to know.

OEC (Quickly running out of celebrity references)

Quote Originally Posted by rikosaka
    I tend to believe the Big Bang Theory, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what was before the bang. If nothing existed before the Bang, what was that like?
    See, thats the part that baffles me, what happened before (insert whatever you believe happened) and how did that become? I try not to think about it cause I think its something no one will ever really know, but its still something to ponder on occassion and I thought this would make a good discussion. Maybe even get some new theories out there.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

strings and strings of amino acids and proteins....

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

'before everything began' is a nonsensical concept, so asking why, who or what caused "everything to begin" is also nonsensical. You can throw God about till you're blue in the face, but logic still forbids you to ask the question.

Unfortunately, most people don't understand that there are things they cannot think. They try anyway, and eventually this leads to either religion, or insanity, or a splattering of both, followed of course by wars, persecutions, burnings and public-access TV shows.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i believe in a creator deity and i believe in both the big bang and evolution. creation, the universe, and life is just too awesome and breathtaking to have been a chance occurrence. i strongly believe that someone, or something, is behind it all. i am awestruck by the beauty of the world, what's in it, and what else the universe contains.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Evolution has nothing whatsoever to do with "chance". It's a process of selective refinement, not a lottery.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i didnt mean to imply that it did. it is just too elegant a system.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    it is just too elegant a system.
    Its only elegant if you think its elegant and its only beautiful if you perceive it as beautiful. In reality, it just works and to be perfectly honest, i'm sure that all of nature would bite and kill if it had teeth. For me at least the idea of God is nonsensical unless I too am a part of God along with all the insects, flowers and bacteria. There is no entity responsible for this; just the unforgiving will of an enormous unconscious 'mind' to survive against any odds. What to one person may be beautiful and awe-inspiring is to another indescribably frightening and horrid, and despite common opinion, I believe that the latter has a deeper understanding of the way things really work.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i didnt mean to imply that it did. it is just too elegant a system.
    We all have the freedom to believe what we believe ...
    and my life experiences have shown me, and influenced me that there is a creator, but I'm in NO way trying to tell anyone what to believe.

My belief is total religious tolerance, up until the point where, due to the "rules" of a certain religion, harm is caused. Even though I like to make fun of Tom Cruise and Scientology, the truth is "To each his/her own". Whatever gets you through, I always say. Just because I have my own belief when it comes to religion, I surely don't believe I should push that thought process on anybody else or get upset that someone believes in religion differently than I do. That's called "Freedom of Religion" and that's part of the reason, I have never felt the need to move to a different country. The biggest problem with "Freedom of Religion" is so many Americans do not believe in it. They'll tell you they do, but alot of times these same people can easily be pushed into religious arguments at the drop of a hat. I think the most strangest thing about this "Freedom" vs. others that we as Americans have the right to, is this one is SOOOO cut and dry, yet people love trying to turn it into a vague freedom. They love making this freedom into a false, complex right. Just look at a dollar bill..."In God we trust". Right off the bat, the government instituted one God for all of us. ...Not exactly freedom if you ask me.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Right off the bat, the government instituted one God for all of us. ...Not exactly freedom if you ask me.
    I know what you mean. There is mention of this 'god' in our (Canada's) national anthem as well. Canada prides itself on their multiculturalism but if you think about it......
    But, I am of the same opinion not only in regards to religion but pretty much everything. You have your beliefs, I have mine. Freedom.

Yep, Like, I dont know two ppl who believe EVERYTHING exactly the same, unless they believe what they're forcefed and DONT have any beliefs of their own, or upon their own experiences

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Yep, Like, I dont know two ppl who believe EVERYTHING exactly the same, unless they believe what they're forcefed and DONT have any beliefs of their own, or upon their own experiences
    I think they're called "The Religious Right".

What's that mean? And what is it? where'd you hear about it...etc

They're almost ALL Republican and they are ALL Christians (in the sense of this group...I don't mean all Christians are part of the religious right) and they ALL beat to the same drum as far as their religious beliefs. It's extremely hard to find one that thinks of religion any different from the next.

Ok so almost all of the towns people here are a part of that group

perhaps its time i actualy said something serious on this topic..lol...... . as i child i grew up presbyterian but as i got a little bit older i started to think about it..i began to doubt alot about what i was taught.. now, im not really sure what to believe. are we just a bunch of atoms, molecules, strings of dna that eventually formed organisms? or are we creatures created by some higher being or some sort of force?.. i guess i still lean towards a higher being..but everything else after that, im not sure...i guess i'll find out when i die, eh?

Who even knows if we get to find out when we die?

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Ok so almost all of the towns people here are a part of that group
    More than likely......

+ Reply to Thread