+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael Moore Wins Palme d’Or

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Michael Moore Wins Palme d’Or

Now this is not real shock really. An anti Bush film winning top prize at a French film festival? In an election year? Where the head judge is connected to the same company that released said winning film?

Call it overly cynical but come on...this set up would've been rejected by the X-Files back in the day as "Too blatent".

Conspiracy theories aside what is really sad is that Moore won it for making a Documentary.

He hasen't made one of those in at least a decade or so now. The last films have been filled with so many mistruths, manipulations, and editing tricks they resemble propoganda films for the far Left than much else.

It's VERY easy to ignore lies and manipulation when they're done by members of your own political party or by those who share your own world outlook...and this sadly has become quite common.

When I was in college I was really into Moore's work and others like him until I ran into a "History Professor" who enlightened me in the tricks of the trade. He basicly taught History as he saw it through his own political views. Now having been a History buff since grade school I knew some of the stuff he said was false...and I called him on it. I even provided proof...his excuse? It was all lies backed up by elaborate political conspiracies and world governments. I stuck it out and saw how he would manipulate facts, phrases, and entire passages. His WW2 lectures were hilarious since he ended up making Japan the victims of Chinese aggression and Germany the bullied nation forced into war.

I didn't fight it. Instead I tried to one up him. So I used what I knew to write papers that would get me shot by any real historians. They were so manipulated it was sick. Sadly though it was the way things are in many colleges, papers, networks, and films like Moore makes.

Winning awards for blatently lieing SHOULD be considered somehow wrong...but if enough people believe it's the truth...then technically it is. This sort of "Truth" makes it hard to be idealistic for very long...but it does make one more capable of being opportunistic. Maybe that's the real lesson...to use the Truth for your own gain. Moore did this brilliantly when switching from "Labor and the working man" to more mainstream topics like Guns and Presidents.

How truthful his new film is...who knows...but given his recent track record I have little faith he's magicaly changed his ways.

His politics where never the issue for me like it has been for his detractors...but his methods as of late remind me of many scary times in recent history. Opportunists come in all shapes and sizes...and each pack an agenda. How dangerous said agenda's are sadly come to light FAR after the damage is already done.

I don't look forward to the next half year...presidential elections bring out the worst in Americans of all colors and creeds...and stuff like this just adds fuel to the fire and makes those behind it quick $$$.

The worst part of this all? It's only just beginning.

nini_6669's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Michael Moore Wins Palme d’Or

I tend to not judge a film until *I've* actually seen it...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Michael Moore Wins Palme d’Or

Quote Originally Posted by nini_6669
    I tend to not judge a film until *I've* actually seen it...
    I plan to see it...I'm just not all that confident in that It'll be a documentary. Kinda like Will Smith's new film " I, Robot"...I doubt any serious sci fi fan is expecting anything closely resembling the groundbreaking book with that. It's one of those things you can call a mile away based on instinct and past performance.

One can only hope to be surprised.

+ Reply to Thread