+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Palin's unmarried 17 year old daughter is pregnant.

Junior_Diablo's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Yay!!!

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

other babies make you excited, JD? lol

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Palin's unmarried 17 year old daughter is pregnant.

what, again?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Yeah, guess the whole "DONT DO IT OR YER A SLUT THAT JESUS HATES" sex ed didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Yeah, guess the whole "DONT DO IT OR YER A SLUT THAT JESUS HATES" sex ed didn't work.
    does it ever?

what I find HEEE-larious is that Palin was forced to go public about her daughter's pregnancy to quell 'net rumors that her own new born baby was really her daughter's that she was trying to cover for.

Now she's forcing her daughter to marry the hapless jock who impregnated her.

Two lives ruined!! AWESOME!

har har har....

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    she's a whore
    so's Mccain..
    I'm so pissed at morons right now....
    all politicians are whores... they sell a little bit of their soul to get elected...

i served for 20 years and saw many changes in government... bottom line was the economy fluctuates and things change for better and worse and it doesn't really matter who is in office... all presidents are beholden to those that helped them get elected and those that really run the country...

lets see.... current polls show Obama 49 McCain 43 (based on an average of the many different Polls.... Obama by 6 percent... with a +/- 3 percent variance it could be Obama by 9 OR 3.... Obama has been pushing hard and McCain has basically been on Vacation.... what does that tell us? Who really knows, statistics can be manipulated.... but Obama only has a small lead and he has been working his ass off..... America is still divided on this one...

when it comes down to voting time i guess we will see....

now the bookies numbers are a little different Obama has a definite lead.... and there is a lot of money at stake.... which illustrates a point...

Presidential elections have nothing to do with common folks and everything to do with money no matter what you think or how you slice and serve it...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I'm beginning to wonder if McCain vetted Palin properly. To me, the daughter's pregnancy is irrelevant. I don't care what the Governor's views on abortions are. Obviously, it will be an issue anyways. There will be more coming out to paint Palin as a "radical conservative" in the coming days and months. The husband's DWI won't resonate. It is possible the daughter's pregnancy will rally some around Palin. It's really a toss-up as to what this selection achieves. McCain, as usual, threw the long ball. We'll start finding out tomorrow whether Sarah "Barracuda" Palin catches it.

As a note, I would not rely on national polls. This will likely come down to 1-2 states. It is entirely possible that Obama wins the popular vote, McCain the electoral.

OEC

Palin isn't a "radical conservative".

She's a right wing whacko.

Jeebus didn't save her daughter's purity from belly fruit now did it?

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    It is entirely possible that Obama wins the popular vote, McCain the electoral.

OEC
    In which case, why do we vote at all?

McCain's going to lose badly.

He's an incompetent old fool. And he's no war hero, getting shot down and captured does not make you a hero. It makes you unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    exactly... our founding fathers thought the general population was to stoopid to vote... and that system is still in place...

like supporters of teh electoral college say "...it still mostly works like it should"

superdelegate = person waiting for payoff in one form or another...

i still like heinlein's idea (and Rome's for that matter) serve your country to become a citizen... well maybe that didn't work so well in Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Palin isn't a "radical conservative".

She's a right wing whacko.

Jeebus didn't save her daughter's purity from belly fruit now did it?
    Same difference with hyperbole. You'll be hearing about Buchanan and the Alaska Independence Party in the near future. I don't know what else they have on her. Earmarks most likely as well.

OEC

That's how the republic was set up. As to why do we vote: That's a question you have to answer for yourself.

OEC

McCain's going to lose badly.

He's an incompetent old fool. And he's no war hero, getting shot down and captured does not make you a hero. It makes you unlucky.
    please tell me you are a veteran.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    exactly... our founding fathers thought the general population was to stoopid to vote... and that system is still in place...

like supporters of teh electoral college say "...it still mostly works like it should"

superdelegate = person waiting for payoff in one form or another...

i still like heinlein's idea (and Rome's for that matter) serve your country to become a citizen... well maybe that didn't work so well in Rome...
    I think the idea has some merit as well. For whatever it is worth, I do appreciate your service. My Uncle was a Beret. He doesn't talk about it much either.

OEC

No.

I'm an asshole.

And I'm goddamn sick and tired of being told that "veterans" fought to protect MY freedom to say assholish things by way of telling me to shut the fuck up.

(And I'm not accusing you of saying the same thing johnny.)

MY freedom to say shit is protected by my willingness to defend it, and USE it on my own.

Just being a veteran (which McCain is) doesn't make you a war "hero".

McCain is a fuck up, and a doddering old fool to boot.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

wasn't heinlin's idea to show that america was becoming a fascist state controlled by the military and the corporations that started a pointless war against a non-threatening target to further that aim?

or maybe I just read too much into in compared to current events.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    wasn't heinlin's idea to show that america was becoming a fascist state controlled by the military and the corporations that started a pointless war against a non-threatening target to further that aim?

Dunno. I was just responding to jonny's take on it. I do believe we need to cooperate on levels going beyond elections to make the country better.

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I guess you can agree whether or not that is a good thing, whether there really exists a clandestine enemy that we don't understand and wants to destroy us, or not. It's mostly based on his other novel Stranger in a strange land about an alien messiah that comes to earth preaching peace and equality and he's destroyed by the paniced and frightened mob that doesn't want to accept change- since he is clearly saying that is not a good thing, I think that he is also not endorsing some of the possible negatives in ST.

on the other hand, what ST is really about is how people who serve in the military are usually divorced from the politics of the situation and they are acting out of personal responsiblity and doing what they feel is thier duty and service to thier country, which is admirable if maybe naive at times.

yeah, off topic, I know. but I do think that that these themes we are talking about are relevent.

if you wanted to read into it to say that the people acting on behalf of society consists of doing more than just politics, I can see that and it's a good point.

No.

I'm an asshole.
    no problem with that at all!

And I'm goddamn sick and tired of being told that "veterans" fought to protect MY freedom to say assholish things by way of telling me to shut the fuck up.

(And I'm not accusing you of saying the same thing johnny.)
    i hate those guys to! i fought for freedom for all to say what they want when they want whether i like it or not... and i like a good discussion because sometimes i learn things...

MY freedom to say shit is protected by my willingness to defend it, and USE it on my own.
    now that, i totally support... lots of folks won't defend themselves... they believe it's someone else's job!

Just being a veteran (which McCain is) doesn't make you a war "hero".
    so true, but he did serve his country and POWs are folks that have suffered above and beyond the norm for a soldier...

McCain is a fuck up, and a doddering old fool to boot.
    well i don't personally think he is a hero or a fuck up or a fool... but i must say i'm not a huge fan

i fought for my freedom and yours.... and i'm the kinda guy that believes that you are entitled to your opinion and free to voice it.... and free to drink together and agree to disagree!

i was just feeling like tooting on my patriotic horn for a minute and you came back strong! (maybe next time i need Donkey Moses on drums)

I guess you can agree whether or not that is a good thing, whether there really exists a clandestine enemy that we don't understand and wants to destroy us, or not. It's mostly based on his other novel Stranger in a strange land about an alien messiah that comes to earth preaching peace and equality and he's destroyed by the paniced and frightened mob that doesn't want to accept change- since he is clearly saying that is not a good thing, I think that he is also not endorsing some of the possible negatives in ST.

on the other hand, what ST is really about is how people who serve in the military are usually divorced from the politics of the situation and they are acting out of personal responsiblity and doing what they feel is thier duty and service to thier country, which is admirable if maybe naive at times.

yeah, off topic, I know. but I do think that that these themes we are talking about are relevent.

if you wanted to read into it to say that the people acting on behalf of society consists of doing more than just politics, I can see that and it's a good point.
    I've never read it man. I was responding to the notion of going beyond politics and doing something to change from within. Our problems are too deep-rooted to rely on anything else. I can't speak to Heinlein's intent.

OEC

i think in a way he was.... i need to re-read.... and we could start a new thread on this.....

It is entirely possible that Obama wins the popular vote, McCain the electoral.
    i've never quite understood that whole thing where they can basically elect who ever they want no matter who got the most votes..this got us bush instead of gore..fucking retarded, i think..
    although i've never voted on an election before..im not starting now...i cant really think of a reason to do so...

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Senior local and state is what really matters, vote in those election. that will effect your life the most. President, doesn't have control over the economic works as the media says he has. Its congress that pass the spending bills or new law, taxes they have more power over what happens to you.

Senior just for in local and state get to know what you are voting for. That will have the most effect on you. But if you do vote on the national level Vote the ticket. Makes thing run smoother, in the long run of things.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    (maybe next time i need Donkey Moses on drums)
    >b'dump-ching!<

Vote Nader!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    Senior local and state is what really matters, vote in those election. that will effect your life the most. President, doesn't have control over the economic works as the media says he has. Its congress that pass the spending bills or new law, taxes they have more power over what happens to you.

Senior just for in local and state get to know what you are voting for. That will have the most effect on you. But if you do vote on the national level Vote the ticket. Makes thing run smoother, in the long run of things.
    oh..i see

stewart/colbert 08! lol

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

NSFW ...
    http://www.uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=105187

some pics of the new potential new VPILF

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    although i've never voted on an election before..im not starting now...i cant really think of a reason to do so...
    one reason candas so fucked up is cause half of us can't be bothered to vote and the ones who do are the people that have nothing better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    one reason candas so fucked up is cause half of us can't be bothered to vote and the ones who do are the people that have nothing better to do
    i have some canadian friends who have said that canadians are more interested in u.s. politics. do you feel that this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    NSFW ...
    http://www.uselessjunk.com/article_full.php?id=105187

some pics of the new potential new VPILF
    she looks alright...........what's the problem?

oh right, she's a moose killing, moose eating hick from a place that's either got too much sun or too much dark, she has antiquated religious beliefs, and she happens to have a few things in her life that she would prefer to keep to herself, oh and she's a bit better looking than the average woman her age

of course she's just the running mate so who cares anyway

oh did you guys hear?...............we gots the elections coming up too in a month or so .........................whatever happened to the goodol' days when an angry mob decided these things......................oh right, theistill here

oh did you guys hear?...............we gots the elections coming up too in a month or so .........................whatever happened to the goodol' days when an angry mob decided these things......................oh right, theistill here
    do canadians argue about flag pins too? lol

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I'm beginning to wonder if McCain vetted Palin properly. To me, the daughter's pregnancy is irrelevant. I don't care what the Governor's views on abortions are. Obviously, it will be an issue anyways. There will be more coming out to paint Palin as a "radical conservative" in the coming days and months. The husband's DWI won't resonate. It is possible the daughter's pregnancy will rally some around Palin. It's really a toss-up as to what this selection achieves. McCain, as usual, threw the long ball. We'll start finding out tomorrow whether Sarah "Barracuda" Palin catches it.

As a note, I would not rely on national polls. This will likely come down to 1-2 states. It is entirely possible that Obama wins the popular vote, McCain the electoral.

OEC
    There was an article publish about two day ago showing Palin wasn't vetted properly. It all happened a day before the announcement and she wasn't even
    McCain's personal 1st choice. That went to Liberman. I've also been listeng to some of the sermons that her church has been spurting and well maybe you can listen to it for yourself here. And then tonight she flat out denies her ties to big oil saying she fought against big oil. This election is going south faster than Amy Winehouse's career.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    There was an article publish about two day ago showing Palin wasn't vetted properly. It all happened a day before the announcement and she wasn't even
    McCain's personal 1st choice. That went to Liberman. I've also been listeng to some of the sermons that her church has been spurting and well maybe you can listen to it for yourself here. And then tonight she flat out denies her ties to big oil saying she fought against big oil. This election is going south faster than Amy Winehouse's career.
    I've never seen so many curveballs thrown at once in an election. I won't make my prediction on the Presidency for another month now, but it looks like they didn't vet Palin at all. He can't dump her and win + There is more coming down the pike. The social conservatives will come out in force now, but McCain appears to have forfeited the independents. Amazing few days.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    i've never quite understood that whole thing where they can basically elect who ever they want no matter who got the most votes..this got us bush instead of gore..fucking retarded, i think..

The original intent was to avoid more populated states trampling on the rights of smaller ones + direct democracy was viewed with skepticism. We're stuck with it for better or worse. 2000 was the first time a candidate won that way flat out. In 1876, the electoral congress flipped the election for a guarantee of removing troops from the south.

OEC

she looks alright...........what's the problem?

oh right, she's a moose killing, moose eating hick from a place that's either got too much sun or too much dark, she has antiquated religious beliefs, and she happens to have a few things in her life that she would prefer to keep to herself, oh and she's a bit better looking than the average woman her age

of course she's just the running mate so who cares anyway

Have any predictions on the Canadian elections? That was quite an upset for Harper last time around.

OEC

I've never seen so many curveballs thrown at once in an election. I won't make my prediction on the Presidency for another month now, but it looks like they didn't vet Palin at all. He can't dump her and win + There is more coming down the pike. The social conservatives will come out in force now, but McCain appears to have forfeited the independents. Amazing few days.

OEC
    for reals.

on a serious non-venomous note- my major qualm with palin is that she's under federal investigation for ethics violations. mccain should have known all about that before hand.

I still think her family IS relevant since she advocates a position that clearly didn't work out so well for her daughter, and will work to make that the law of the land for everyone else's daughters. meaning-no sex education (abstinence only isn't sex ed.) and no abortion under any circumstances.

Who freakin' knows at this point. (Except for the Elders of Zion over at ZOG head quarters, who've already scripted this thing out till the 2011 fall season.)

(That's a joke btw.)

(In poor taste.)

+ Reply to Thread