+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    for reals.

on a serious non-venomous note- my major qualm with palin is that she's under federal investigation for ethics violations. mccain should have known all about that before hand.

I still think her family IS relevant since she advocates a position that clearly didn't work out so well for her daughter, and will work to make that the law of the land for everyone else's daughters. meaning-no sex education (abstinence only isn't sex ed.) and no abortion under any circumstances.

Who freakin' knows at this point. (Except for the Elders of Zion over at ZOG head quarters, who've already scripted this thing out till the 2011 fall season.)

(That's a joke btw.)

(In poor taste.)
    I think the family issue will play out like this: Social conservatives will rally around her. The question will be the extent to which moderate voters are turned off by the social views and if the daughter's pregnancy just intensifies that. I am pretty amazed the republicans are throwing the social conservative card into the mix preemptively. McCain shores up the base but I think he loses a lot of moderates.

I would agree on the ethics investigation. The results will come in about a week before the election. If it is still close at that point + her actions are shown to fall outside ethical boundaries, that will insure an Obama victory.

It's just amazing how many factors are in play. We're talking 1-2% of the electorate that may flip over any of the factors we have mentioned here. That will be the whole ball game right there. I just don't see a blowout here either way.

OEC

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

ugh the repub nat conv...horrible..I heard so many lame reasons that were complete b.s. to not vote for Obama..not a single reason to vote for Mccain. Backs up my theory that there aren't any...getting your plane shot at doesn't get you an election

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    ugh the repub nat conv...horrible..I heard so many lame reasons that were complete b.s. to not vote for Obama..not a single reason to vote for Mccain. Backs up my theory that there aren't any...getting your plane shot at doesn't get you an election
    Can't wait until they leave Saint Paul tomorrow. You can't imagine how annoying it is having it down the damn street from me. Don't really care about conventions beyond that. They should just do them on movie sets.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Can't wait until they leave Saint Paul tomorrow. You can't imagine how annoying it is having it down the damn street from me. Don't really care about conventions beyond that. They should just do them on movie sets.

OEC
    i bet! I just couldn't stand that shit

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Have any predictions on the Canadian elections? That was quite an upset for Harper last time around.

OEC
    thing is, he's the only one who's any good........................yay canada

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    do canadians argue about flag pins too? lol

we have audits about those.....................yay canda

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    we have audits about those.....................yay canda
    audits?..like they have to present receipts of purchased flag pins or something? lol

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

Canada's fucked up...

I blame the British.

thing is, he's the only one who's any good........................yay canada
    You already have a lot of the social issues settled. You have reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, etc. Harper is pragmatic. He can't change sell that social conservative nonsense up north. I was glad they won the last election due to a pigfucker named Ignatieff (who will now never be Liberal Party Leader).

OEC

I've gotta agree with MG on this one. Elections are games for the people; a smokescreen to keep them managable. Electable politicians in any western country cover such a ridiculously small spectrum of political stances that for anyone who's reached their views through applied principle rather than ad-hoc opinions provoked by media-spotlighted hot topics the difference is barely discernable - and when you compare what they say they stand for with what they actually do, even that distinction fades into an approximation of non-existence.

That said, someone like the president of the US is so immensely influential that even the otherwise neglegible ideological differences between realistic candidates are worth our concern; the elections will have an impact, and I would not advice against participating so much as against refraining from more worthwhile forms of activism on account of it.

I'm watching McCain speak. He's running so far from Bush, he sounds like he is the opposition party candidate.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZ
    Canada's fucked up...

I blame the British.
    invade the uk? lol

audits?..like they have to present receipts of purchased flag pins or something? lol

no, we had some pin scandal up here and the auditor general had to look into it.......................there was something with golfballs too............same scandal............

pigfucker named Ignatieff

OEC
    hmm....................I'd forgotten that name....................thanks for reminding me

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

American presidential elections have always seemed totally absurd to me; kind of like watching an episode of sesame street backwards.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

McCain's going to lose badly.

He's an incompetent old fool. And he's no war hero, getting shot down and captured does not make you a hero. It makes you unlucky.
    Personally, I think ANYONE who serves during war is a hero in my book. They are willing to risk there lives for US. Yes, they may not really be serving BECAUSE of that, but they still are serving us and unless you are a military lifer...Not for a whole Hell of alot of money.

I'm not a McCain supporter, but yes, I do see him as a hero. He was tortured for 5 1/2 years for being, one thing...An AMERICAN.

Buster....When was the last time you endured that?

You say that you'll serve to defend this country. So, when do you see the perfect opportunity for that? When we're being invaded? BY that time ALL of us will be defending this country.

Now...I don't think just because you are a veteran, then your words are gold, but I do think a "thank you" is in order when you meet a an American war veteran. They served....We didn't. They risked their lives for America...We didn't.

Just what the fucking hell have the vietnamese ever done to me?

Explain exactly how they were a threat to my country, and needed to be "defended against"?

mccain wasn't tortured for being an AMERICAN. He was a POW in an illegal police action, who got shot down, and captured. He was an ENEMY COMBATANT in a war zone thousands of miles from AMERICA. (See WRITING THINGS IN ALL CAPS MAKES THEM MORE TRUE.)

I don't know whether mccain was drafted, or volunteered to be there, but his ass was unlucky, and that's tough shit for him. It's a damn shame he was tortured, but since he's supported gitmo, extraordinary rendition, and hasn't opposed the administration on "harsh interrogation tactics" I say fuck him.

Incidentally he's also voted to cut funding for veteran's programs, pay for soldiers, and to reduce their educational benefits. Some fucking great american vet, huh?

When was the last time I've endured something like 5 1/2 years of torture at the hands of south east asians annoyed that their country has been invaded, their women *****, and bayoneted, their children napalmed, and their granny's punched in the mouth?

Why, never of course.

But don't make any goddamn assumptions about who I am, what I've been through or where I come from slappy.

I didn't say I'd "serve" to defend my country if we were invaded, I said I'd DEFEND it (see that capitalization thing again.) There's a subtle difference there. And mostly it's that you can fucking guarantee that my body count will be higher than yours.

mccain didn't risk his life for America. The police action he fought in was bullshit, stone age rice farmers pose exactly what kind of threat to the mightiest nation on Earth?

He's no hero. And based on his record since he was released he's not much of a vet either.

Oh, and by the way, his new stance (because he once opposed it) on "harsh interrogation tactics" (that's uh... "torture" for the rest of us) opens up our current service men, and women to being treated to more of what he got from other nations when captured.

Not that America the all wise, mighty, and powerful ever signed the Geneva Convention, but y'know... we kind of like to throw that term around when ever we want to slap somebody up.

So then, which was the last war that the military men and women risked their lives for in the name of America.....In your opinion?

It's just a poll but: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...n_obama_mccain

This was either the best or worst VP choice in modern history. We'll know in 2 months. One thing I have learned over the last 10 years, the American Public interprets things a lot differently than the media (or even some polls, possibly this one) would have us believe.

OEC

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

You want to know my reason why I will vote for McCain, it not the fact he is vet. I may not agree with everything thing he stand for. But here are some that i do lower taxes, strong military, the power of individual. Anti-national health care, I want choice who I see for medical treatment. The government will not say who I can see. Less government is a key issue with me. I like McCain because is pro choice, that support the Constitution. Freedom of choice... Drill Baby Drill!!!!!

He isnt the normall hard line republican, he thinks out of the box. He is more independently mind which will help in the long run of things. The fact that he each over the political barriers to each agreements match for strong leader. That is double edge sword, he swing both ways in DC which i do not agree with all the time. McCain has seen war, which gives him a little more insight on world issue. I think it is great thing that McCain has pick Palin as VP, I think it is step forward regardless of any political ties. She got grit...

Just 4 years ago he was about to become John Kerry's VP, but he turn it down or thought better of it. I disagree that drags his feet about shutting down the borders. There is pros and cons with every person running. I try to step away from the Turbo Christians of my own party, I think that is hurting the party.

OEC
    Thank you and others for being some what neutral and civil about this political issue. I think politics divides us more than anything out there as of right now. We all including myself have political zealotry for our party from whom every we support. Just I can't phantom why people would vote for Obama.
    I never would thought I would find politics on this website, but here it is.

The savior Obama blessed be his name! What has Obama done for state while he served his terms in office? Can anyone answer me that simple question, what bill, has he pushed for. What is his voting record?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    What has Obama done for state while he served his terms in office? Can anyone answer me that simple question, what bill, has he pushed for. What is his voting record?
    In the Illinois state legislature, Obama proposed requiring that interrogations be videotaped, to ensure that the police were obtaining valid confessions. There was significant opposition to this at first, including from police and the Governor of the state, but after a lot of negotiation the bill passed unanimously and was signed into law.

In the U.S. Senate, he co-authored a new lobbying reform law that requires lawmakers to disclose the names of lobbyists who "bundle" contributions for them.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010303303.html

Obama sponsored a bill in 2007 that would establish criminal penalties for engaging in voter deception.

In 2007, Obama sponsored a bill to expand the public financing of presidential elections and bar soft money from being used in the funding of presidential conventions.

In the wake of the Walter Reed scandal, Obama introduced legislation increasing standards of care and oversight of VA programs.

In 2006, Obama sponsored a bill that would limit congressional raises to the same rate as increases in the federal minimum wage.

Source: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Barack_Obama

For more, check out this Library of Congress page, which lists and briefly describes all the legislation Obama has sponsored in the U.S. Senate, including how many co-sponsors there were and where the legislation is currently: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...rack))+01763))

Fleisch's Avatar Exiled

I vote for John McCain, He is my hero.

Regarding Sarah Palin, I'm very against her on the issues.

She has stated that the only exception to a ban on abortion should be if the mother's life is at stake. Which means that she thinks abortion should be illegal even in **** cases. Fuuuuuck that.

She believes that same-sex couples should be denied spousal rights, which means that if I am in a long-term relationship with another woman for 20 years, I still don't get family visitation rights at the hospital.

She belives in teaching creationism alongside evolution in public school, which is just dumb. She also says that global warming is not caused by human activity... see previous statement. She also believes in abstinence-only education in schools... because understanding how your body works and how you can protect yourself in sexual relationships is bad.

Source: http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

But the thing that pisses me off most about her? From an article in the Baltimore Sun about her RNC speech:

She also defended her relative lack of political experience - mayor of a small town, then less than two years as Alaska governor - by swiping at Democratic nominee Barack Obama and one of his first jobs after college.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' " she said, "except that you have actual responsibilities."

I happen to make my living as a community organizer and I can't figure out why the hell you'd kick off your vice-prez campaign by insulting a profession that is based on mediation, compromise, listening, negotiation and hard, hard work, all for the purpose of helping people create positive change in their neighborhoods and towns. Of all the things to attack, it seems like a totally bizarre choice.

no, we had some pin scandal up here and the auditor general had to look into it.......................there was something with golfballs too............same scandal............
    canadians are scandalous, too? lol... any scandals involving male politicians and restrooms?

I'm going to say this with a lot less eloquence than Batzilla, but Palin is a religious nutter. If she had her way, she'd foist her Bible-fueled beliefs on the rest of us, even at the expense of freedom, enlightenment, or basic notions of decency. God trumps all other concerns in her book.

The First Amendment not only includes the freedom of religion, it also includes the freedom from religion. People like her have no business being in command of our nation.

California does not want to drill and McCain has attempted to get our governor to be in favor of drilling. We do not use the oil wells we have now, so drilling our oceans and northern areas will not help.

McCain was very bad at being a soldier, is bad on benefits for vets, left his first wife so he could marry for money, and wants to keep us at war which means higher taxes. I only vote Republican to lower my taxes.

I would still bang Sarah Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    You want to know my reason why I will vote for McCain, it not the fact he is vet. I may not agree with everything thing he stand for. But here are some that i do lower taxes, strong military, the power of individual. Anti-national health care, I want choice who I see for medical treatment. The government will not say who I can see. Less government is a key issue with me. I like McCain because is pro choice, that support the Constitution. Freedom of choice... Drill Baby Drill!!!!!

He isnt the normall hard line republican, he thinks out of the box. He is more independently mind which will help in the long run of things. The fact that he each over the political barriers to each agreements match for strong leader. That is double edge sword, he swing both ways in DC which i do not agree with all the time. McCain has seen war, which gives him a little more insight on world issue. I think it is great thing that McCain has pick Palin as VP, I think it is step forward regardless of any political ties. She got grit...

Just 4 years ago he was about to become John Kerry's VP, but he turn it down or thought better of it. I disagree that drags his feet about shutting down the borders. There is pros and cons with every person running. I try to step away from the Turbo Christians of my own party, I think that is hurting the party.

OEC
    Thank you and others for being some what neutral and civil about this political issue. I think politics divides us more than anything out there as of right now. We all including myself have political zealotry for our party from whom every we support. Just I can't phantom why people would vote for Obama.
    I never would thought I would find politics on this website, but here it is.

The savior Obama blessed be his name! What has Obama done for state while he served his terms in office? Can anyone answer me that simple question, what bill, has he pushed for. What is his voting record?
    I'm not neutral in terms of the social issues. I do prefer to look at electoral politics as just that. McCain has a brand. Obama has a brand. It's interesting to see how this is playing out.

I would bang Palin as well though, preferably as a Governor.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    So then, which was the last war that the military men and women risked their lives for in the name of America.....In your opinion?

The war of 1812?

I am a little less familiar with our reasons for involvement in WW1, but I understand that WW2 was a fairly complex situation. Strictly speaking I'm not sure the Axis posed much of an immediate direct threat, although obviously if they'd controlled all of western europe there would have been an eventual clash. By that token though we could have taken action much sooner, there's evidence to suggest that Roosevelt was aware of the attack on pearl harbor before hand, and even in some ways egged the japanese on to do it, in order to create the domestic atmosphere necessary to have the support he needed to fight the war. (The evidence suggests that if he'd tried to go in sooner domestic opposition to the war would have proved formidable.) I do believe that American involvement in WW2 was necessary, but that seems like more of a helping out our allies type thing.

After that it's been one cluster fuck after another. Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Arguably Afghanistan has justification. And I'd be willing to concede that if it looked winnable, and was bearing some results, as it is though "Where's Osama?" is still going on. Control of natural gas pipelines, and heroin production seem to be the more important factors there though. When we were initially attacked on 9/11 my first thought was that a military campaign was the idiotic way to go, and that handling it through international law enforcement publicly and through black ops death squads on the down low was the way to go. Since I still don't see Bin Laden's head hanging from a post here in downtown NYC I am going to go ahead, and believe that I was right, and the neo-cons are a gang of douchebags.

...I am in full rant mode, so a thousand pardons effendi.

As for the 'threat of world wide islamofascism', pretty much the only things uniting these fuckers (who all hate each other's guts) is our occupation of one of their country's. (Well, that and Israel...but I ain't gonna go there.) I say we pull the fuck out, and give them the MacDonald's, and teh internet pr0n, and music videos with skanks, and since their religion forbids the drinking of alcohol we flood their countries with cheap opiates, and kind buds... oh sure they've got their hashish, and kif, but nothing beats the good old dutch sea of green technique, and all the designer killer kind buds that we (the west) have engineered... Give 'em dope, sassy cartoons, and sugary breakfast cereals!!! Obesity, diabetes, lowered intelligence, and sperm production are sure to follow! (Who says I don't know how to win a war?)

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    I'm going to say this with a lot less eloquence than Batzilla, but Palin is a religious nutter. If she had her way, she'd foist her Bible-fueled beliefs on the rest of us, even at the expense of freedom, enlightenment, or basic notions of decency. God trumps all other concerns in her book.

The First Amendment not only includes the freedom of religion, it also includes the freedom from religion. People like her have no business being in command of our nation.
    and inox just said it alot better than I'll ever be able to.

The main thing about palin as I see it, is that she is a distraction meant to focus us on meaningless personality issues, and pointless ideological mcguffins, and away from concrete solutions, and programs the candidates might have for the core issues. Keeping things focused on emotional issues, and personalities keeps things off of the fact that mccain will be a third term for the bush agenda.

John W. McCain.

...as it is though I think I'll mostly excuse myself from the rest of this thread, as I seem to be rather rant prone this week. Good luck.

As a sidenote: Who do you folks believe the concentration on Governor Palin helps overall and why?

OEC

and your little dog too

As a sidenote: Who do you folks believe the concentration on Governor Palin helps overall and why?

OEC

late night comedians. i hate that.

I have a problem voting for a man that
    A) is one foot in the fucking grave
    B) a former prisoner of war who's prone to violent outbursts (besides dont you think being a pow for 5 years would cause some pychological issues?)
    C) nominates a religious nut for vp who pretty much wants all the little girls to get pregnant (no sex-ed , no healthcare, creationism is schools?)and not have abortions, and have a bunch of babies that can't get insurance (either that or a bunch of wire hanger abortions). All based on her ass and tits (everyone knows it, I just said it)
    D) Wants to waste money drilling what little oil is left instead of education to find a better fuel source
    E) can't even talk during a convention of his platform and his stance since he's too busy bashing the other candidate because he's a scared little bitch.
    F)wants to kill my son...Enforcing a draft...pulling scholarships and grants from schools, and only return them if there is an army enlistment office in the school district. Lowering the enlistment age
    SO yeah I can't fathom why anyone would vote for Mccain
    Plus i'm pretty much sick of us killing brown people for oil wich is what it all boils down to...there's no fucking war in Iraq, we are Tyrants
    However I did think of a new tagline for the little fucker "kill em and drill em"...good right?

I don't normally get into to politics so don't hate me for this but this is how I feel about all of it...

also, wth is wrong with paying taxes?Ihate that, everyone wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it I have no problem with it, if it's going toward shit I use..I.e. roads, health care, education, military, and everything else that everyone uses on a daily basis.Bigger buisnesses need to pay bigger taxes, they use more resources and services, and take a higher toll on the enviroment .And you know...I don't make over $5 mill a year so Mccains tax breaks wouldn't help me out anyway...but Obamas would...

The war of 1812?

I am a little less familiar with our reasons for involvement in WW1, but I understand that WW2 was a fairly complex situation. Strictly speaking I'm not sure the Axis posed much of an immediate direct threat, although obviously if they'd controlled all of western europe there would have been an eventual clash. By that token though we could have taken action much sooner, there's evidence to suggest that Roosevelt was aware of the attack on pearl harbor before hand, and even in some ways egged the japanese on to do it, in order to create the domestic atmosphere necessary to have the support he needed to fight the war. (The evidence suggests that if he'd tried to go in sooner domestic opposition to the war would have proved formidable.) I do believe that American involvement in WW2 was necessary, but that seems like more of a helping out our allies type thing.

After that it's been one cluster fuck after another. Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Arguably Afghanistan has justification. And I'd be willing to concede that if it looked winnable, and was bearing some results, as it is though "Where's Osama?" is still going on. Control of natural gas pipelines, and heroin production seem to be the more important factors there though. When we were initially attacked on 9/11 my first thought was that a military campaign was the idiotic way to go, and that handling it through international law enforcement publicly and through black ops death squads on the down low was the way to go. Since I still don't see Bin Laden's head hanging from a post here in downtown NYC I am going to go ahead, and believe that I was right, and the neo-cons are a gang of douchebags.

...I am in full rant mode, so a thousand pardons effendi.

As for the 'threat of world wide islamofascism', pretty much the only things uniting these fuckers (who all hate each other's guts) is our occupation of one of their country's. (Well, that and Israel...but I ain't gonna go there.) I say we pull the fuck out, and give them the MacDonald's, and teh internet pr0n, and music videos with skanks, and since their religion forbids the drinking of alcohol we flood their countries with cheap opiates, and kind buds... oh sure they've got their hashish, and kif, but nothing beats the good old dutch sea of green technique, and all the designer killer kind buds that we (the west) have engineered... Give 'em dope, sassy cartoons, and sugary breakfast cereals!!! Obesity, diabetes, lowered intelligence, and sperm production are sure to follow! (Who says I don't know how to win a war?)

My point, although I think I didn't convey it correctly is, people in the military, usually don't get to pick the wars they attend. They may join up being told one thing but next thing you know, they're stuck on the front lines doing the governments bidding. For that, I call them heros because although they maybe in some bullshit war contrived by the government, they still are doing it in the name of America.

I do not believe in the Iraq war. I do somewhat believe in the war in Afganistan simply because all the Taliban had to do was kick out Osama or hand him over to us and instead said "Fuck You" to America. I think if we tried this "Bullying" tactic any other time, we would have been deemed "assholes" by all the other countries, but since we were justified by 9/11, yes, with the Taliban saying "no", I truly believe we had the right to go in there and go after Osama ourselves. It's not like we didn't pre-warn the Taliban of our intentions if they didn't hand him over. In essence, they controlled their destiny and they, as a whole, decided to get their asses whipped by us. Since we still have not gotten Osama, does it seem like a waste of lives and money on are part? Of course, but if we didn't go in, the American people would have been super-pissed. We Americans, as a majority, wanted...and still want Osama's head on a platter. That's why we went in....

But, I digress, because I'm ranting....I can't imagine going to a veteran's hospital and telling all the military vets there that everything they have gone through, seeing friends die brutally, all the physical and mental abuse they've gone through, was a waste and all for nothing. To me, by saying the last war that we could call the miltary personnel "heros" was the War of 1812 is just one big slap in the face to our vets. I, myself, separate the military from the government. I do not support the war in Iraq but I do support our troops there. When our troops in Vietnam came home, people spit on them and called them "baby killers". I think that's just so fucked up. War is war. It's never pretty and it just gets alot more ugly when you're not sure who the enemy is. But...even if the war itself is bullshit, I do believe, unless you're drafted, a big part of the reason in joining the miltary is the big picture that you're helping to defend America. Without a miltary, we would be fucked....And very quickly. These men and women in the armed forces are protecting us. Day in, day out...and mostly for shit pay. So, yeah, sorry, but I still believe that anyone who knowingly joins the military with the knowledge they can be physically hurt, mamed, or killed is a hero to me. Doesn't matter if they are thrown in a bullshit war or not. They essentially are doing it to protect us.

I don't like McCain, the politician and I don't care what anyone says, there's no way I'm voting for a Republican for president after the last 8 full fucking years of the bullshit we've seen. Yes, McCain is a conservative and not a right winger. I don't care. He sided with Bush 90% of the time. That's enough to for me not to want him as president. But.....Yes...I still do think he's a hero, as I do, anyone who is in the miltary. Does that mean, I think McCain is a wonderful person? NO. I'm just saying that what he went through during Vietnam....He didn't have to. I also don't know if he was drafted or not, but even if he was drafted, he could have ran off to Canada to avoid the war. Instead he served and went through all kinds of levels of Hell in Vietnam. Was it his bad luck? I would think anytime you're hurt or killed in a war, it's bad luck. That's a given. To me does it lessen what he went through because we should have never been there in the first place? Fuck no. Like I said, the grunts don't get to pick the wars. That's what our bullshit governments do. But without the men and women that put their lives on the line everyday, we, as a society, would be under some other's government's rule. That's why I call them heros. I don't know about you, but, with all the bullshit in America, I still would rather be in this country then any other country.

Whew...O.K....Now I'm done spewing.....

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

also, wth is wrong with paying taxes?Ihate that, everyone wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it I have no problem with it, if it's going toward shit I use..I.e. roads, health care, education, military, and everything else that everyone uses on a daily basis.Bigger buisnesses need to pay bigger taxes, they use more resources and services, and take a higher toll on the enviroment .And you know...I don't make over $5 mill a year so Mccains tax breaks wouldn't help me out anyway...but Obamas would...

yeh i never got that either. In most countries (but maybe not the US. right now) people should be asking to have their taxes raised not lowered. Almost all of the progressive, wealthy, high standard of living countries (Scandinavia, central Europe etc.) have had high tax rates for years. As long as its done proportionally I have no problem with taxes

canadians are scandalous, too? lol... any scandals involving male politicians and restrooms?
    not that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    yeh i never got that either. In most countries (but maybe not the US. right now) people should be asking to have their taxes raised not lowered. Almost all of the progressive, wealthy, high standard of living countries (Scandinavia, central Europe etc.) have had high tax rates for years. As long as its done proportionally I have no problem with taxes

but hardly anyone can beat canada for taxes

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

But here are some that i do lower taxes, strong military, the power of individual. Anti-national health care, I want choice who I see for medical treatment. The government will not say who I can see. Less government is a key issue with me. I like McCain because is pro choice, that support the Constitution. Freedom of choice... Drill Baby Drill!!!!!
    Coming from a country where getting sick doesn't mean losing your house, I can say that the system works quite well thank you very much. The government does not "control" you - it merely makes care available to you. In the present system the HMO tells you who you can see. I am waiting for COBRA papers and wondering how in hell I'm going to pay for coverage.

Unless of course you have so much money you forget how many houses you own, while unemployment ratchets up past 6.1% to soon 7%, and Gran'pa says the recession is all "in our heads" the bunch of "whiners" we are.

In terms of constitutional issues, wait, weren't the Republicons the one who got rid of habeas corpus, decided that you needed to carry "identity papers" at all times, etc? (it's called Real ID, look into it). Protest is only allowed when in a government approved zone miles away from the actual event, so that the powers that be don't have to look at you and according to the news, everyone loves your idea cause only your hand-picked minions are in the room.

Didn't Bush call the Constitution "just a f*cking piece of paper"?

If you're opposed to bigger government, you don't want the repub's - the size of government DOUBLED under their watch. New spies, new thugs, new goons, TSA, Homeland Security, army, army army. All of which is being put on a credit card, matey, with YOU as the payee.

On taxes, pull-my-hair said it best: "I don't make over $5 mill a year so Mccains tax breaks wouldn't help me out anyway...but Obamas would..."

He isnt the normall hard line republican, he thinks out of the box.
    If by "out of the box" you mean "agree, in lock step, with the Bushies" then wow. Sure. Unless he's flip flopping like a motherfucker to APPEAR different. But trust me, once those "turbo Christians" come a calling, he flips right back to the spend and invade crowd.

The fact that his running mate is a psycho who thinks women should stay pregnant once a man ***** her to make her so is just, well.... let me just say that they're compensating for McSame's "maverick" image from before. I find it interesting that they're slandering Obama for having a "foreign" sounding name (e.g. one red ass hair away from "we don't want no n*gger for presidunt, hyuk hyuk) and therefore maybe not serving the interests of the country and being against the country.... but ignore the fact that McSame's running mate belonged to a SEPARATIST party.

Right now the dollar's in the shitter, we've lost hundreds of thousands of jobs, the economy is sliding into the gutter, we're hated all over the world, and we're rapidly going bankrupt trying to "win" two occupations, even though that is IMPOSSIBLE. The country is being run for the sake of large corporations and the ultra ultra rich, with YOU footing the bill. What's McSame's game plan to pull things out of the shit? Mend relationships with other countries Bush shat all over? Oh wait, the plan is, cut taxes for the ultra-rich and start more wars. That's how we got in this mess in the first place.

I find it amazing that you'd be opposed to spending 1/3 of what we spend on Iraq making sure that kids in poor families get medical care, while turning a blind eye to the party that is making sure Bear Sterns and other banks get billions in taxpayer corporate welfare.

If the Repubs were against corporate welfare and for smaller government, and less about the whacko apocalyptic Christian fringe, I'd agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    late night comedians. i hate that.
    Touche. It will suck. I see her as a distraction in some regards. I don't think it will benefit Obama all things considered though (unless she really does a Quayle)

OEC

+ Reply to Thread