+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My main computer died

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default My main computer died

My main computer that connects me to the world died yesterday. I was totally offline for a whole day. It felt weird. Then feeling weird about that felt even weirder. I had to use someone else's computer to buy a new one. Fortunately it ended up costing less than I feared and I got a bitchin' black case with an alien head and flashing lights. I should be able to go pick it up in Timbuktu, SoCal tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Going nuts without it. Hopefully I will be able to get all the important data off the old one, but most of the most important stuff is elsewhere on the network anything, thank the powers that be ... and the knowledge that my comp was about to die ... or I would have totally freaked out yesterday.

Jozie's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: My main computer died

Oh man, Im sharing that weirdness when feeling weird without having the net. I travel quite extensively for work, and always have my laptop handing- the one time I forgot it in my friends van, meaning 2 weeks without net access. Seriously, I was going thru withdraw :p

And being that I was made me feel kinda sick... I think our world is so attached to the internerd without we feel incomplete or something. Silly, for sure.

I also work a lot online, so that may be part of it. But Im sure no where near as much as you do :p

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I had a computer die on me when I was doing flats for a coloring company...needless to say it ended up costing me that job. I had backups but the programs I needed to use where on the PC that died.

It bugged me more that I needed this machine so much than it actually breaking down.

Crazy modern world no?

My deepest condolences(sp) I felt the same way when the main monitor started to act wierd.****

+ Reply to Thread