+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Body Piercing prices

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Body Piercing prices

In your town, how much do body piercings run? I'm curious at the difference, where do you live and how much is a lip piercing, a tongue, and a nipple, and how much for a PA and how much for a hood piercing?

I'll start.. I live in Oxnard, CA (Ventura County) and we charge $35 for a lip, $40 for a tongue, $60 for both nipples or $35 for just one, and $80 for a PA but $60 for a hood.

Oh yeah..well I'm a body piercer, and I'm probably changing shop and I might be changing to a shop in Santa Barbara-- piercings cost much more up there. So that's what struck up my interest..

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Body Piercing prices

Around here, all the piercings are normally $50 + jewelry

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

You can get basic facial piercings around here for 20 bucks. Which is why I wont get pierced around here, haha!

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Free, except for the jewelry! You see, body piercing is another one of those things you can EASILY do by yourself or with a friend/spotter, if you know what you're doing. Only the tongue would I feel obliged to leave to the professionals, which has that touchy vein running down the middle of it that can cause slow, uncomfortable death if pierced. Otherwise, why pay money for the joy of self-mutilation?

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    In your town, how much do body piercings run? I'm curious at the difference, where do you live and how much is a lip piercing, a tongue, and a nipple, and how much for a PA and how much for a hood piercing?

I'll start.. I live in Oxnard, CA (Ventura County) and we charge $35 for a lip, $40 for a tongue, $60 for both nipples or $35 for just one, and $80 for a PA but $60 for a hood.

Oh yeah..well I'm a body piercer, and I'm probably changing shop and I might be changing to a shop in Santa Barbara-- piercings cost much more up there. So that's what struck up my interest..
    I'm not totally posative since I haven't gotten anything pierced in awhile (my body pretty much rejects all piercings) but I think it was $60 for my lip and $100 for both nipples. That includes the jewelry.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Aza
    Free, except for the jewelry! You see, body piercing is another one of those things you can EASILY do by yourself or with a friend/spotter, if you know what you're doing. Only the tongue would I feel obliged to leave to the professionals, which has that touchy vein running down the middle of it that can cause slow, uncomfortable death if pierced. Otherwise, why pay money for the joy of self-mutilation?
    There is no vein that runs down the middle of your tongue. There is one on each side, but not down the middle.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    There is no vein that runs down the middle of your tongue. There is one on each side, but not down the middle.
    Hmm... my former friend Dan, the piercing addict, must've misspoken. He may have meant, STAY in the exact middle so you DON'T hit a vein. I could've sworn he said there was one going down the center. Guess it's a doubly good thing I never tried that one at home.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

And the reason my shop charged so much is because we were taught so much more than just putting a needle through someones skin. Anatomy (yeah you know those pesky lip piercings that rub your gums and wear down the enamel on your teeth? Have it placed right and you wont have either issue). Id like to see someone self pierce their bridge and actually get it straight and at the right depth (might help with that irritating migration problem bridges are very well known for). Or howabout that septum and the location of the cartilidge, Id LOVE to see someone get a straight septum piercing and one thats placed where it should be, if they do it themself.

Knowing the gauge and length or diameter of the jewelry is also pretty important in new piercings, like its not very smart to pierce your lip with a 16g or smaller regardless of diameter of the ring.

Ahh, but as long as you have a self made piercing, thats all that matters right?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Hmm... my former friend Dan, the piercing addict, must've misspoken. He may have meant, STAY in the exact middle so you DON'T hit a vein. I could've sworn he said there was one going down the center. Guess it's a doubly good thing I never tried that one at home.
    Yeah, considering I have my tongue split, I think I would have bled out if there was a vein down the middle;p If you lift your tongue up and look at the underside, you can easily see where they are.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

My tongue cost $70 including jewlery. Nasty bits are $80, and everything else is $60. That's all including jewlery.
    I'm in Guelph btw which is close to Toronto.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I think my labret was around 60 all together with jewelry and everything. But it's been almost ten years so I can't recall.

There are some seriously skanky places around where I live that charge like 20. I wouldn't let them look at my piercings let alone give me a whole new one.

I haven't been shopping around for any lately, the prices Thistle mentioned seem about where the prices are here.

Remind me if I get piercings to visit Jax.

back on topic: I got my eyebrow pierced + jewelry for 30 bucks back in wpb florida.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Thanks VT;]

I pierced for quite awhile, and I still wont attempt to pierce myself. Id rather have piercings that will last a long time with little to no complications than save a few bucks. Sadly, the last time I got pierced, I had to tell the piercer to use 2 different needles (was going to use one for two piercings, ugh) and I had to mark myself. He was a friend so I knew he was able to pierce on my dots, haha.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Remind me if I get piercings to visit Jax.

back on topic: I got my eyebrow pierced + jewelry for 30 bucks back in wpb florida.
    +1
    i need piercings so bad. i forget how much they cost b/c i was getting them free. eh heh.... i don't know if i still can or not, since my friend seems reluctant to respond to my emails D:

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Let's see. In the NW Indiana area, tongue, industrials, and nipples run $50 bucks usually. Same with the Fort Hood, Texas area. The majority of little stuff is usually $40, but I've never gotten any done. Genitals kind of depend in both areas, and PA's are generally more than, say, a Jacob's Ladder.

And what Jax said about the septum is right. I was trying to practice and my friend wanted his septum pierced, so I got some supplies from my artist who also pierces and gave it a try. I barely nicked the bone and the next day he looked like he got the shit beat out of him. Both eyes were black and swollen and all sorts of hell. I got it right the second time a few months later though after I learned my lesson.

i was waiting for you to correct this

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Gee thanks;p

Id like to see someone self pierce their bridge and actually get it straight and at the right depth

If I had pierced my own bridge, I'd have poked my fucken eye out. That's why I had Machina re-pierce mine (Jeff Kish did my original one) Same with my napes, Machina re-pierced them the 3rd time..I think it hurt her fingers more than it hurt me. (this last time I went to jail I said I couldn't remove them, and yes they became an issue, I even got written up by two staff members)

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I wanted a few ampallangs, but my piercer refused, saying that I could potentially bleed to death.

I was like "you make this sound like a bad thing!"

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Machina is awesome! I miss talking to her.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

does your tattoo say cunt? I'm sorry if it's something else, but that's what it looks like to me.

and your little dog too

If I had pierced my own bridge, I'd have poked my fucken eye out. That's why I had Machina re-pierce mine (Jeff Kish did my original one) Same with my napes, Machina re-pierced them the 3rd time..I think it hurt her fingers more than it hurt me. (this last time I went to jail I said I couldn't remove them, and yes they became an issue, I even got written up by two staff members)

aside from decoration, is there any particular purpose for the nape piercings? i love your style and i usually hate most everything

I think it's around 50 euros for most here, take a tenner for the simplest ones or add a few for genital stuff. Micro dermal anchors are like 55-60.

Unsurprisingly I'm mostly with the 'do it yourself' crowd on this. Only piercings I paid for where the final two in my tongue, because thought it might be dangerous/complicated; cost me 80 for taking both at once. Funny thing how big (for me, anyway) spendings like that always seems to be motivated by fear and/or laziness, no?

My girlfriend wants me to do a few MDAs for her though, and I think I might be a bit out of my 'figure it out as I go' league there. You got anything useful to say on that subject, Thistle?

Actually, I've heard the 'vein in the middle' thing a few times myself. Even if it's false, it's apparently an internationally popular urban legend.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

A popular urban legend, but if a piercer says there is one running down the middle...Id run right out of the shop.

I think the first time I heard it it was an explanation as to why a friend's tongue piercing had been set just slightly off-center. If it is a myth, I think it may have its origins in rationalizing that exact phenomenon.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

A popular urban legend, but if a piercer says there is one running down the middle...Id run right out of the shop.
    Agreed. It's amazing how many piercers aren't APP approved, or hell, those who don't even know basic anatomy.

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Thanks VT;]

I pierced for quite awhile, and I still wont attempt to pierce myself. Id rather have piercings that will last a long time with little to no complications than save a few bucks. Sadly, the last time I got pierced, I had to tell the piercer to use 2 different needles (was going to use one for two piercings, ugh) and I had to mark myself. He was a friend so I knew he was able to pierce on my dots, haha.
    When I was 16 I was dumb enough to let a (non professional) friend pierce me. 5 times, in fact. I have 3 of the 5 still. The 4 in my eyebrows are of varying depths, and my bellybutton I took out because, well... I got way too fat to have one, and it migrated and got disgustingly infected. The only thing I've done myself is repierce my lip (that was done professionally in the first place)after it closed up, and even that is more than I'd prefer to trust to myself. So basically, despite the fact that I have had no actual damage done to me, I definitely look like an amateur pierced me , and that is what you get to deal with if you don't want to fork out the dough.. P.S are you still in the chicago are, and did you say you still pierce? I am sure I'm blind as a bat but I keep missing that if you said it while I'm trying to scroll through on my phone.

The only thing I've had done professionally is my lip. That cost me $40, jewelry included I believe. I'm in Kenosha, WI, which is right near the southeastern border of WI and Illinois.

Personally, I've heard as many rejection, take out and varying depth/straightness stories about piercings set in stores as of homedone ones. More actually, in my direct environment.

Trusting a presumed authority is generally more comforting than practical, and thus far for me this has held as true for piercings as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Personally, I've heard as many rejection, take out and varying depth/straightness stories about piercings set in stores as of homedone ones. More actually, in my direct environment.

Trusting a presumed authority is generally more comforting than practical, and thus far for me this has held as true for piercings as anything else.

Same here. I admit I have gotten professional piercings and drunk party piercings both done for free and never had a problem. I heal well.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

This thread is good enough a chance to ask this. If someone gets their tongue split, is it possible to pierce both halves? Is it just dangerous due to the blood vessel location, or no actual piece of muscle on the tongue other than down the center? It's one of those little projects I'm considering for when I get to rejoin the civilian world.

That very well may be the case, but it should not be. That is a profession that requires you to learn a skill, and therefore shouldn't really just be hit and miss. I think especially with simpler piercings, though, you'll get someone who is new, and perhaps still getting used to it. I can live with being target practice for something like that, but definitely would not for a tattoo or anything more permanent.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    When I was 16 I was dumb enough to let a (non professional) friend pierce me. 5 times, in fact. I have 3 of the 5 still. The 4 in my eyebrows are of varying depths, and my bellybutton I took out because, well... I got way too fat to have one, and it migrated and got disgustingly infected. The only thing I've done myself is repierce my lip (that was done professionally in the first place)after it closed up, and even that is more than I'd prefer to trust to myself. So basically, despite the fact that I have had no actual damage done to me, I definitely look like an amateur pierced me , and that is what you get to deal with if you don't want to fork out the dough.. P.S are you still in the chicago are, and did you say you still pierce? I am sure I'm blind as a bat but I keep missing that if you said it while I'm trying to scroll through on my phone.
    Im in Cleveland now. I dont pierce anymore, havent for awhile. I got tired of touching people;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    This thread is good enough a chance to ask this. If someone gets their tongue split, is it possible to pierce both halves? Is it just dangerous due to the blood vessel location, or no actual piece of muscle on the tongue other than down the center? It's one of those little projects I'm considering for when I get to rejoin the civilian world.
    I have my tongue split and plan on one day piercing each side. I had 5 in my tongue at one time, one on each side and three down the middle...as long as you go to someone who knows how to miss those pesky veins, you should be fine.

Im in Cleveland now. I dont pierce anymore, havent for awhile. I got tired of touching people;p
    So much for my ploy to get you to touch me :-p
    I draw blood for a living , and I'd rather not touch those a-holes either. So fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    aside from decoration, is there any particular purpose for the nape piercings? i love your style and i usually hate most everything

nah...just decoration...

i know when i got a colonic the lady doing it was like wondering if they did anything for me cuz her husband does acupuncture and so metal placed in so and so places causes so and so feelings...??? i dunno

just for decoration for me

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    does your tattoo say cunt? I'm sorry if it's something else, but that's what it looks like to me.

yeah..Cunt

My girlfriend wants me to do a few MDAs for her though, and I think I might be a bit out of my 'figure it out as I go' league there. You got anything useful to say on that subject, Thistle?

Actually, I've heard the 'vein in the middle' thing a few times myself. Even if it's false, it's apparently an internationally popular urban legend.

Hehe..actually I had the jewelry seller for the micro dermals tell me how to do it, and then I just tried it on myself how he said (after I contacted another body piercer I trust very much so: Gauge from Santa Barbara) and he had given me the same steps as the jeweler

So i bought the jewelry and did my first one one myself, then I did a few practice one on my friends, just charged them for jewelry and only 2 rejected, ...now I got the right tools and I know what I'm doing (took me like 8 of them to get the hang of it...

Anyways, so...as far as veins in the middle of the tongue, there isn't a main vein going through there like there are on both sides, but each person is individual and can have a vein running down the middle, different sizes, some large veins sometimes small...thats why your piercer should use a pen light to make sure there's not vein in that location he/she's piercing you even for just a standard tongue piercing. And make sure he's not using a short length such as 5/8" for beginner jewelry, you need something at least 7/8" if not 3/4"

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    Agreed. It's amazing how many piercers aren't APP approved, or hell, those who don't even know basic anatomy.
    I'm NOT APP approved... I'm not really into piercing networking. ive thought about joining but eh...i really dont think it's for everyone. And I know i'm a very good body piercer, i'm sure i'd learn some more stuff I don't already but i dont see why I should pay 100 bux or wahtever a year just to be in a group that i probably wont even have much contact with. I'm kinda antisocial, which is why i dont even post much on here but i try to... i have my reasons

I think the first time I heard it it was an explanation as to why a friend's tongue piercing had been set just slightly off-center. If it is a myth, I think it may have its origins in rationalizing that exact phenomenon.

i dont' know about other body piercers but I do tongue piercings not exactly in the center in the bottom, i like to do them on either side of that lil line on the bottom of your tongue and not through the line, there's a medical reason that I've heard about as to why I do that (in case you ever have to have part of your tongue removed)

+ Reply to Thread