+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: True Vampyrs...we do exist

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Default Re: True Vampyrs...we do exist

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Im pretty sure it was originally spelled vampyre but im not 100% sure.
    I like blood (driking ocasionally and even using it to paint) but I dont think im a vampive

look up the etymology of the word:

The Oxford English Dictionary dates the first appearance of the word vampire in English from 1734, in a travelogue titled Travels of Three English Gentlemen published in the "Harleian Miscellany" in 1745. Vampires had already been discussed in German literature. After Austria gained control of northern Serbia and Oltenia in 1718, officials noted the local practice of exhuming bodies and "killing vampires". These reports, prepared between 1725 and 1732, received widespread publicity.

The English term was derived (possibly via French vampyre) from the German Vampir, in turn thought to be derived in the early 18th century from the Serbian вампир/vampir. The Serbian form has parallels in virtually all Slavic languages: Bulgarian вампир (vampir), Czech and Slovak upír, Polish wąpierz, and (perhaps East Slavic-influenced) upiór, Russian упырь (upyr'), Belarusian упыр (upyr), Ukrainian упирь (upir'), from Old Russian упирь (upir'). (Note that many of these languages have also borrowed forms such as "vampir/wampir" subsequently from the West; these are distinct from the original local words for the creature.) The exact etymology is unclear. Among the proposed proto-Slavic forms are *ǫpyrь and *ǫpirь. Like its possible cognate that means "bat" (Czech netopýr, Slovak netopier, Polish nietoperz, Russian нетопырь / netopyr' - a species of bat), the Slavic word might contain a Proto-Indo-European root for "to fly". An older theory is that the Slavic languages have borrowed the word from a Turkic term for "witch" (e.g., Tatar ubyr).

The first recorded use of the Old Russian form Упирь (Upir') is commonly believed to be in a document dated 6555 (1047 AD). It is a colophon in a manuscript of the Book of Psalms written by a priest who transcribed the book from Glagolitic into Cyrillic for the Novgorodian Prince Vladimir Yaroslavovich. The priest writes that his name is "Upir' Likhyi " (Упирь Лихый), which means something like "Wicked Vampire" or "Foul Vampire". This apparently strange name has been cited as an example both of surviving paganism and of the use of nicknames as personal names.

Another early use of the Old Russian word is in the anti-pagan treatise "Word of Saint Grigoriy," dated variously to the 11th–13th centuries, where pagan worship of upyri is reported

Vampires are mythological or folkloric revenants who subsist by feeding on the blood of the living. In folkloric tales, the undead vampires often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighbourhoods they inhabited when they were alive. They wore shrouds and were often described as bloated and of ruddy or dark countenance, markedly different from today's gaunt, pale vampire which dates from the early Nineteenth Century. Although vampiric entities have been recorded in most cultures, the term vampire was not popularised until the early 18th century, after an influx of vampire superstition into Western Europe from areas where vampire legends were frequent, such as the Balkans and Eastern Europe,[1] although local variants were also known by different names, such as vampir (вампир) in Serbia, vrykolakas in Greece and strigoi in Romania. This increased level of vampire superstition in Europe led to mass hysteria and in some cases resulted in corpses actually being staked and people being accused of vampirism.

I told you all long ago that it was only Serbian international word... (except pushi kuratz)

We have legends about blood drinking and night dwelling vampires dated way before Transylvanian one came along

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Actually BP isn't really creepy at all. He's just somebody with alot to say and all that.

Besides Rocka, really, REALLY... who are you to be slinging the word's 'creepy', and 'resident troll' around? I think you're a pretty big flamer yourself darling.
    Flaming and Trolling are two different things. Like vampyrs and people who aren't idiots.

Plus, I'm totally not creepy (kinda dickish, sure) and I'm not the one who called BP a troll.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well if trolls are real, why not vampyrs?

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

only on the internets

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wreck
    only on the internets
    The internet is not real.

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

Yeah right. Vampires exist, Elvis is really alive, and I'm married to Bigfoot.

Actually I could pass pretty good for the love child of Elvis and Bigfoot...

Iggyisdead's Avatar boo-urns

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Actually I could pass pretty good for the love child of Elvis and Bigfoot...
    Hmm. I stand corrected.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    You know what, you're right. In fact, that's the ONLY reason I'm here. TO hit on the various models here and beg for pity sex. You got me banged to rights.

So to all the various models here, I apologize for hitting you up for pity sex.
    Gay. I didnt get asked for pity sex. WTF? Am I not good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    He was going to make a thread called "I love (sex) with Jax", but decided against it. It's not that your not good enough, it's that Joel stole his heart. :p

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

No, no. Nothing like that. Just that you scare me.

I'll take pity sex.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

No, no. Nothing like that. Just that you scare me.
    Lol, why do guys always say that?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Really? Sucking fresh blood is O.K. in your book, huh?

Fucking Canadians....Yeah...Like the world recession isn't getting you down too?

I still love ya, Mr. Karl...All your magical Canadian "we're cool. The rest of you are fucked" beliefs too.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

do you really believe they suck fresh blood?

No, really. You actually do.

Maybe it's because a lot of guys are always intimidated by really pretty ladies. Some guys think that they can never get "that" girl, because she's out of their league in a sense. The girl a lot of times always says that they wish guys wouldn't be intimidated because there's nothing to be afraid of!

I know that I have a hard time talking to pretty girls, guys or hell, anybody at a club or event, period. I always wait for them to ask me something. Maybe BP thinks the same way.

Bedlamite

Like vampyrs and people who aren't idiots.
    But VAMPYRES ARE REAL!!!!

Srsly.

I just saw another 'support' community for the poor souls. Seriously you guys... To take a moment back to the Vampirism, is it unfair of me to get a peeved every time some new kid/person crops up with an article or blather about being a Vampire and needing a thread/support community? Weather you claim to be Psi or Sang, it all reeks of the Otherkin/Furry crap to me, frankly, and I'm not entirely sure I'm being fair... It just seems utterly stupid... lame... and mental. y/y?

I don't think it's any more stupid than "goth" or "industrial" but then again I've never been much for club joinin'

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    Why is everyone being so negative? Of coarse Vampyrs exist. If you ever meet someone who really, really, REALLY sucks they are a Vampyr.

HA! That's Great!

"I'm a Vampyr...except I don't have any special powers...and I can go out in the sunlight...and I love garlic on my cruelty-free vegetarian pita wraps, but I'd totally hunt the living if I ever found anyone I could overpower with my 98 pound frame...oh yeah, and I hang out at the Hot Topic down at the mall with all the other 'real' vampyrs...oh wait a minute I just realized that I am not a Vampyr at all, just a HUGE FUCKING DORK!"

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Maybe it's because a lot of guys are always intimidated by really pretty ladies. Some guys think that they can never get "that" girl, because she's out of their league in a sense. The girl a lot of times always says that they wish guys wouldn't be intimidated because there's nothing to be afraid of!

I know that I have a hard time talking to pretty girls, guys or hell, anybody at a club or event, period. I always wait for them to ask me something. Maybe BP thinks the same way.
    Nääh... he just wants someone to control. Strong personality like Jax is just too much for him to handle.

On the other hand I want someone like Jax to control me

But VAMPYRES ARE REAL!!!!

Srsly.

I just saw another 'support' community for the poor souls. Seriously you guys... To take a moment back to the Vampirism, is it unfair of me to get a peeved every time some new kid/person crops up with an article or blather about being a Vampire and needing a thread/support community? Weather you claim to be Psi or Sang, it all reeks of the Otherkin/Furry crap to me, frankly, and I'm not entirely sure I'm being fair... It just seems utterly stupid... lame... and mental. y/y?
    Bravo

I would give them kabala and self hypnosis to play with. Much more fun than imagining you're something you're not. Like this you can be whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Nääh... he just wants someone to control. Strong personality like Jax is just too much for him to handle.

On the other hand I want someone like Jax to control me

Does my personality seem to be that of a big macho guy who wants to order a woman around?

Nah, didn't think so either

Too much bother.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

not scared.... curious

i might wear a second chance vest.... but just consider it a costume

Does my personality seem to be that of a big macho guy who wants to order a woman around?

Nah, didn't think so either

Too much bother.
    You can't possibly think I was being serious
    You know I like to pick on people when I'm in bad mood.

Bedlamite

I don't think it's any more stupid than "goth" or "industrial" but then again I've never been much for club joinin'
    I wish I could bottle all that energy you waste on being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    The only reason you get peeved is because there are undeniable simularities between goths and emos/vamps and you're worried people won't bother to discern the differences. Coz most regular people don't give a shit, they just find it funny. Then again, they weren't the target audience...
    What similarties? Hot Topic? I'm not 14 years old unfortunately, I've already seen alot of people's inability to discern. It generally ends up in metal heads getting label'd Goth, and my boyfriend's Granny assuming i'm a Devil Worshiper. Why the hell would I be worried about that?

I think what may bother me more is the fact that there are so many people (on the internet) who don't seem to see the difference between relatively self-aware 'Delusions of Grandeur', and Belief One is a Vampire. One is a left over, ever-adolescent need to be Special, the other is... I dunno... Renfield's Syndrome.

Meh.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Vampires? Hahaha!

What similarties? Hot Topic? I'm not 14 years old unfortunately, I've already seen alot of people's inability to discern. It generally ends up in metal heads getting label'd Goth, and my boyfriend's Granny assuming i'm a Devil Worshiper. Why the hell would I be worried about that?

I think what may bother me more is the fact that there are so many people (on the internet) who don't seem to see the difference between relatively self-aware 'Delusions of Grandeur', and Belief One is a Vampire. One is a left over, ever-adolescent need to be Special, the other is... I dunno... Renfield's Syndrome.

Meh.

I know this isn't the point of the pic (beating a dead horse and all), but is that guy touching himself while he's doing it?

. Coz most regular people ...
    most "regular people" are worth less than the bullet it would take to put them out of my misery.

"regular" people, "normal" people can eat a rotting narwhal dick. shit you can eat a rat wang yourself for bring up the opinions of "regular people".

Fuck the common man, may he get the bloody flux.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I know this isn't the point of the pic (beating a dead horse and all), but is that guy touching himself while he's doing it?
    Don't you?

Aw, don't be bitter. I was just kiddin' around. You're a unique and special snowflake, just like everyone else.

I only meant non-goth by ‘regular’ but whatever. As we know, there are no regular people; we're all weird and wonderful on the inside. So you can take your misanthropy and shove it up your poop-shoot; coz you're just as regular as everyone else.
    Look here you pencil dicked cock drunk mongoloid whoremongering reject shriner squid raepist, we all know that you are responsible for this latest wave of classic 70's horror movie remakes.

And you know what?

I think that just about covers it.

No one wanted those remakes, but you went ahead, and did it anyway.

God hates you now.

maestro's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Awesome
    or spell vampire in creative ways to make it seem more authentic or whatever are douches.
    All the good domains were already taken

Great, those 17 year olds are normally showing up at my door.
    You can have them

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I actually have people come in my room and ask various questions such as:

Are you emo? (No, sorry, haven't changed the way I dress and my makeup style since I was 12 ie 11 years ago. Very prior to the "emo" fads)

Are you a vampire?: Why? is there blood on my mouth? If not, then why the hell would you ask this retarded ass question

Are you a witch/devil worshipper?: Well, if it makes you feel better about looking at a half naked chic on a cam site, then sure. But, srsly, no. Couldn't care less about wicca, or witch craft, nor do I give a shit about Luciferians or LaVeyists. That's not my bag. I don't follow any sort of religion other than "Do what you want and leave me the fuck out of it"

All because I wear black a lot and apparently am pale (comes with the geek territory: lack of sunlight due to intensive gaming)

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I actually have people come in my room and ask various questions such as:

Are you emo? (No, sorry, haven't changed the way I dress and my makeup style since I was 12 ie 11 years ago. Very prior to the "emo" fads)

Are you a vampire?: Why? is there blood on my mouth? If not, then why the hell would you ask this retarded ass question

Are you a witch/devil worshipper?: Well, if it makes you feel better about looking at a half naked chic on a cam site, then sure. But, srsly, no. Couldn't care less about wicca, or witch craft, nor do I give a shit about Luciferians or LaVeyists. That's not my bag. I don't follow any sort of religion other than "Do what you want and leave me the fuck out of it"

All because I wear black a lot and apparently am pale (comes with the geek territory: lack of sunlight due to intensive gaming)
    Are you a 3rd level Wizard?

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

do you true vampires ever get annoyed that goths crack-whored your style?
    bwahahaahahaa
    I think I peed a little...

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

all right hows this: I do believe in the blood sucking undead, i don't believe that they would be posting such blatantly retarded messages on internet boards. I like to believe that anything that has lived for more than 30 years would be less asinine and over dramatic in their reveal, that's all. look at this with objective "Psyche", "Monk", "Burn Notice" eyes, the math just doesn't add up. which leads me to believe that this individual is full of horse shit and is therefore fair game.

... on the topic that hijacked this thread - BP is actually a friend of mine, he never begged me for pity sex. yeah he got a little creepy on the boards for a while, but who hasn't been in a weird place in their lives where they say and do some things that make others uncomfortable? he's apolojised, and hasn't had a lapse, give the guy a fucking break.

~K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    all right hows this: I do believe in the blood sucking undead, i don't believe that they would be posting such blatantly retarded messages on internet boards. I like to believe that anything that has lived for more than 30 years would be less asinine and over dramatic in their reveal, that's all. look at this with objective "Psyche", "Monk", "Burn Notice" eyes, the math just doesn't add up. which leads me to believe that this individual is full of horse shit and is therefore fair game.

... on the topic that hijacked this thread - BP is actually a friend of mine, he never begged me for pity sex. yeah he got a little creepy on the boards for a while, but who hasn't been in a weird place in their lives where they say and do some things that make others uncomfortable? he's apolojised, and hasn't had a lapse, give the guy a fucking break.

~K
    Keiko FTW

+ Reply to Thread