+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you attend an execution?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you attend an execution?

If given the opportunity, would you attend an execution? Would you do it because you would like to see someone die? Would you do it to satisfy a need to see justice done? Would you do it out of curiosity? Would you do it for the experience points? Would the mode of execution influence your desire to attend? Would whether the person had harmed you or a loved one influence your desire to attend?

Default Re: Would you attend an execution?

Sure; mostly out of sheer morbidity. The mode of execution would have a lot to do with it, as would the looks of the person executed.

I don't really believe that 'justice' is something dealth by penal systems, so if anything I would have to hope that aspect of it doesn't spoil my fun.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Only if they had done something personal to me or my own. Execution is a nasty business, but one that provides certain closure and justice to those that were directly involved on the bad end of a sinister crime.

I did and it's not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I did and it's not fun.
    War-related execution?

Nope, gang related.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

And help the entertainment industry in this country become even MORE like ancient Rome than it already is? No thanks.

I've seen death, up-close and very personal. It's not as entertaining as some macabre-mongers envision, nor as great a story to tell as they think it will be.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

If the person who was about to be executed has something to do with me, or my family or close friends.
    If they wrong me or the group of people above.
    Yes i would.
    Im very fond of seeing people get what they deserve.
    ^.^

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Free beer and front row? I'm there.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

No. I just literally watched my uncle die, it wasn't pretty and I can't get the image out of my head.
    I don't want to see that again ever, even if it's someone I don't know.

Nope, gang related.
    Yeah. I can imagine that must have sucked watching that close-up.

Empathy and strong imagination. I was in the moment in his place in my mind and it was just sad sad sad. Tragic. That guy deserved it big time but I just couldn't deal with my emotions.

I probably shouldn't have said that here. Moment of weakness when you open up for no reason. Good thing is that it was long ago and in a banana country where no connections can't be made to me. So I shouldn't care much about it.

I remember when a junkie pierced my chest with a knife... centimeters from the heart, thank genetics for my fat ribs. I still got that reminder scar. To cut the story short he thought he would avoid paying back his debts by killing me. What's worst of all that it wasn't any big money at all.

Knocked him out with my head, patched my self Rambo style and called my guys in. His lesson was my crazy idea. Tight his arms and legs with rope, lower him from the bridge just enough so his head is in the water. That way he had to work out in order to breath. Since we left that place, no one never heard from him.

Don't even know if he survived and escaped the town, or died... nobody ever mentioned that he died, neither police ever questioned me or my buddies. It was a nice camp fire tale for years, and a nice warning about what I was getting my self into.

Most likely not. Unless it was a personal thing. I just don't see myself calling up the parents to ride down to watch some poor fuck get needles/hung/beheaded.

Also: What the fuck OliX

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Also: What the fuck OliX
    I swear I could make a movie about my life and it will never get boring to watch

Oh.. it might be confusing, to clear it out..... story that I just said and execution that I attended were not connected.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I would, mostly just for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I would, mostly just for the experience.
    Aren't you included in part of a war. Have you been lucky enough not to see death?

Empathy and strong imagination. I was in the moment in his place in my mind and it was just sad sad sad. Tragic. That guy deserved it big time but I just couldn't deal with my emotions.

I probably shouldn't have said that here. Moment of weakness when you open up for no reason. Good thing is that it was long ago and in a banana country where no connections can't be made to me. So I shouldn't care much about it.

I remember when a junkie pierced my chest with a knife... centimeters from the heart, thank genetics for my fat ribs. I still got that reminder scar. To cut the story short he thought he would avoid paying back his debts by killing me. What's worst of all that it wasn't any big money at all.

Knocked him out with my head, patched my self Rambo style and called my guys in. His lesson was my crazy idea. Tight his arms and legs with rope, lower him from the bridge just enough so his head is in the water. That way he had to work out in order to breath. Since we left that place, no one never heard from him.

Don't even know if he survived and escaped the town, or died... nobody ever mentioned that he died, neither police ever questioned me or my buddies. It was a nice camp fire tale for years, and a nice warning about what I was getting my self into.
    Weren't you big time friends with royalty? What kind of country is Yuogoslavia any way? When is the movie of your life coming out? Sounds pretty good?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if I had to I would, no problem, but it's not something I'd need to do. Besides I think executions should be done immediately and there shouldn't be time for people to make plans to attend.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Aren't you included in part of a war. Have you been lucky enough not to see death?
    Not this deployment. Saw a couple last deployment, but it's a lot different in the air watching someone go down from a machine gun mounted in a helicopter shot by someone else.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

probably if it was someone that I was friends with. I dunno, I just felt like I should be there. does that make any sense?

if it was anyone else, I wouldn't want to see it. I don't have anything to gain from watching someone die, it doesn't fill me with excitement, with joy, with contentment or knowledge.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I have a close friend of mine who who will be attending the execution of murderer of her mother and siblings whenever the state gets around to it. She's already asked me to go with her when it happens. I've agreed to go with her. Mostly to support her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Weren't you big time friends with royalty? What kind of country is Yuogoslavia any way? When is the movie of your life coming out? Sounds pretty good?
    Not royality, president's son just.... I had a (miss)fortune to see him in wifebeater shirt with hell of a hangover mumbling to his son about what the fuck am I doing here. My mom remembers him from old days when he was nobody, she says he always wanted to be "in" and cool but he never managed. You know, one of the guys that was always around but never got noticed. I don't even want to go into how he got into politics. His son is a cool guy, despised all popularity and suckups, just wanted to be a normal kid. I treated him as a friend, a good one actualy, not as a oportunity for social uplifting.

Where did you get the royality story? I might have mentioned my grandfather, he was one of kings personal guards. Sort of homeland security in usa but down here. When our king fleed to England, most of them were arested, he too. He spent 4 years in concentration camp in Germany untill war was over, then he was tranfered to a hospital in Dresden where my grandmother was working as a nurse. And so they met. Romantic story, eh?

Ex-yu is soooo corupted, you have no idea, cops were involved in most of the big jobs, you had to cut them in in order to work it out since they were so deep in everything that they knew always what was going on. I don't wanna talk about this. I came back to Bosnia as soon as war ended. Imagine growing up 7 years on streets where all sorts of weapons were toys for kids and with all those people that war rendered crazy. I would like to talk more of a downfall of Yugoslavia and big plan to sell them out. It's far more morbid that you will ever know.

On other hand my mom was a friend with Kusturica (Black cat, White cat, Underground) and some other big stars, while we lived in Belgrade, Serbia. We were there 2 years untill war ended up. Then we moved back to Bosnia. How we met them is another story, they were filming some scenes in Prague where we lived before Belgrade and so she met one of the movie stars. They hooked up and we followed them to Belgrade after filming in Prague was over. I met all those big movie and rock stars and I didn't cared about them at all since I was still a kid. I actualy never cared for social status of the person, but for the personality.

For the movie it self you might have to wait.

I've never attended and execution and probably wouldn't unless I was there to support someone. There isn't anything I find enjoyable about watching someone die.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

only if i witnessed them killing someone i knew(i knew and liked)

Well, you've got me sold. I'll be waiting, too, OliX.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

there are a few people i'd lovee to see getting their heads blown up like a watermelon, i might even cheer about a few of them. but no. for the most part, i'd rather not see someone put to sleep.

i remember they made a big deal about timothy mcveigh's execution when i was in oklahoma city for a bit and they had it on closed circuit television for the family members of the victims of the okc bombing and after it was finished, alot of them said they felt justice hadnt been served because he didnt look like he suffered enough. he just stared into the camera without moving a muscle or showing any emotion.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I'm all for the killing of people who I would subjectively deem unworthy of life. If it came down to it, I'd even do it myself. But can't say I'd ever feel any reason was good enough to make me want to watch. Morbidity itself actually makes me feel sick, and justice isn't served for entertainment. I don't even see anything to be curious about at all... you flick a switch or stab them with a needle, they die. It's pretty simple.

I want to see the epic adventure of OliX too. Sounds intriguing...

and the porridge was just

no. nonoonono. couldnt.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexbeast
    I'm all for the killing of people who I would subjectively deem unworthy of life. If it came down to it, I'd even do it myself. But can't say I'd ever feel any reason was good enough to make me want to watch. Morbidity itself actually makes me feel sick, and justice isn't served for entertainment. I don't even see anything to be curious about at all... you flick a switch or stab them with a needle, they die. It's pretty simple.

I want to see the epic adventure of OliX too. Sounds intriguing...
    it should be a marionette movie or some shit

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I'd love to see someone die (that deserved it) by electric chair..and even if it's not because they hurt someone in my family just someone i really hated because of what he was found proven guilty of.

cognitivedissonance's Avatar Junior Member

There was an odd article in New York Magazine this week (Snob Monthly) about how all the stockbrokers and millionaires were withholding their charity contributions because of the new tax code, and my brilliant response was "Let's bring back the guillotine!"

We could pander to the NASCAR sensibility. They'd wear jumpsuits with Pepsi patches on them. American Idol would cut away to the Pepsi/Lowe's People's Execution Of The Week. "Hey, did you see that execution last night?"

I personally probably wouldn't watch it, since I once passed out at a cadaver opening in college.

I've seen someone die...it didnt affect me that much, but i didnt really know the person personally... even still, i wouldnt ever want to see it again.

I'm from Texas, I think I have to say yes.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

if it was for a child molester, or a rapist, I would, and I'd cheer too.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

CAN I BRING THE KATANA?,..

~ HAPPY To REMOVE THEIR HEADS
    from APOUN their Shoulders for You.
    ':-)}

KILLING a HUMAN
    Doesn't Bother Me in the Bit'...
    - As long as They're Guilty
    ~ An' of Deservent'e of it,...
    ':-)}

~> *ANIMAL HUNTERs',....
    ..Those whom' cause/bring Harm Unto the Elderly,
    Children, the Innocent, Defensless, Etc'......

I'm pro-death penalty, but watching people get killed is pretty disgusting. I'd have to really hate the mother fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I'm pro-death penalty, but watching people get killed is pretty disgusting. I'd have to really hate the mother fucker.
    Then your opinion is invalid.

You may only be pro-death penalty if you're willing to eat the corpse. Raw.

Slightly rotting, or fermented may be an option if you can prove inuit ancestry.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Then your opinion is invalid.

You may only be pro-death penalty if you're willing to eat the corpse. Raw.

Slightly rotting, or fermented may be an option if you can prove inuit ancestry.

================================================== =

"TOE",..

~ Since I'm only VAMPYRE,
    ....I only Want the Blood,.....
    but seeing How I Have a Personal Preference,
    I DRINK only of FEMALEs',
    - Never MALEs',..

so If You don't mind....
    - I'll leave the Blood of MAN
    to flow to the Maggots & Worms
    amongst the soils,..
    and Thier HEADs' I mount
    Apoun the Tallest Rampart Tarrengers...(flag* staves)

as for "CORPSE" EATING?,..
    I Leave that for ~ "the GHOULS",
    they Like that Kinda' Tastes',...
    LOLOLOLO...

+ Reply to Thread