+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Banning & What You Can Handle

Default Re: Banning & What You Can Handle

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    we were talking about miss california starting an offensive remark saying "no offense" like that made it all fine. i thought it was funny to post "no offense but are you some kind of iraq-war-loving gay-marriage-hating jesus freak?"

i'm really sorry to have caused such a fuss. i thought it was funny. had i realized DJ Bat would not get my sense of humor and take it so personally butthurt i would have said it twice.
    sorry - not buying it this late in the game - I asked you about that smart-ass comment and you defended it as you were serious - not in a comical way so why now the change of heart? To make you look like it was all a big joke so you can join the 'Bat's over-reacting' crew? Pretty apparent...

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bat
    sorry - not buying it this late in the game - I asked you about that smart-ass comment and you defended it as you were serious - not in a comical way so why now the change of heart? To make you look like it was all a big joke so you can join the 'Bat's over-reacting' crew? Pretty apparent...

no offense but if nobody can figure out where you disagreed about gay marriage and everyone thinks you are overreacting butthurt for no reason, maybe nobody disagreed with you about gay marriage and you are overreacting

Bedlamite

Dude, bat, if you are going to keep coming here and posting on a subject that you are clearly REALLY freeking overwrought about, you are just going to keep stirring yourself into a frenzy. Leave or Stay but quit being a drama-dervish. You flounced already, was that not enough attention? You're totally coming across as a drama bottom feeder.

Which ostensibly makes you a successful troll I guess.

Also - Allah, you are still failing to troll really hard. Almost to the point where I'm tempted to pull out my macros in honor of your fucknuttery.

This is all your "Friends" that I contacted in regards to you posting how I was spreading rumors that you were out to get me? Oh for fuck's sake. I emailed this troll because I didn't want to post on your forums anymore as he mentioned something worth responding to - when I tried to explain my position and mentioned how many many years ago during the BLT days, someone interviewing me for another magazine had mentioned something about you when I mentioned BLT. I ignored her and totally forgot about it until you started acting crazy with your "APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW" for something I never did along with your passive aggresive ensuing shit-storm attitude.

Even after meeting you several times, what they told me seemed unfathomable but I only brought it up recently as, yup, you got it, it was now relevant to the conversation I was having at the time and it actually just popped into my head just then after all these years.

Sorry if that hurts you or makes you wonder, but in no way am I contacting all your friends... I responded to a post - big difference - you're the one who's abysmally paranoid...

------

ok - enough already - go get your last words again - heh - I know - I said I was gone but like Beetlejuice, say my name in a fucked up slanderous way to prove a point that isn't there to being with like Amelia did and I may just pop up to call bullshit on it which is was - bullshit.

now please, delete me already and all my 'lame paranoid over-reacting posts'. I've requested it like 3 times already - won't you honor my human rights and grant this request? Every other forum out there does.

bye bye

Amelia said you were contacting her friends to tell them that you paranoidly think she hates you and has a vendetta against you. You called her a liar even though you knew she was telling the truth, as she always does, even when it pisses people off. I reluctantly posted in this thread that you contacted me and talked trash and you admitted to contacting me and talking trash, so Amelia was obviously telling the truth. Why are you making things up and complaining to her friends?

As for Incog: Wow - that was the whole basis to make all these wild and new accusations Amelia? Nice... again, 100% false though. I never contacted him, I replied to his public post about this situation (that means HE started the dialog) via the msg system here as I said I didn't want to be a part of this BS publicly anymore. He was the last person I spoke to and it's nice to see he ran to you like a faithful servant to give "report".

And as you now know, I never said you had a vendetta against me - I eluded to to a story that I don't believe I even explained but if you must know and since you're pressing the issue, here it is: Some other reporter in the scene back 25 years ago who was interviewing me said something about you when B.L.T. was mentioned in the interview. I ignored her and never even thought twice about it. It only hit me after you felt I owed you this insane apology for something I never said and then started your passive aggressive campaign against me. That's it - Happy now?

Forrest: I've tried to talk to you off these forums as I've said - No reason to hide that - but without response. I find it disturbing that everyone has missed the point of this shit-storm: Amelia's misinterpretation of something I said on the BM thread that has spilled into what it is today.

Sorry, but that's the truth of the matter. Not my rantings. Not gay marriage. Not trolls. No, it all goes back to I got on the shit list because she felt I was dissing her human rights and sorry Amelia, you've never let it go.

I tried to resolve it, tried to ask what exactly it was that I said and never was it answered. Just replaced with passive aggressive remarks against me and now the gall to claim it was just a big "Hilarious" joke of some sort?

I also find it interesting that completely unrelated to me, other people have experienced close to the same exact treatment from Amelia to the point of them leaving or expressing opinions that I have touched upon - again, completely unrelated to me - some happened even before I was here. Doesn't that tell you something?

Sorry man - It was never my intention to start this shit-storm. I've tried to reason with it, beg it for an answer and explain myself within it only to be ridiculed for being 'So Serious' - so whatever - those who want to make light of it, not read my postings made apparent by all those who 'don't get it', so be it - you mean nothing to me - my at one time acquaintanship with Amelia and Forrest did which is why I initially put effort into trying to get answers to this bizarre behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    Amelia said you were contacting her friends to tell them that you paranoidly think she hates you and has a vendetta against you. You called her a liar even though you knew she was telling the truth, as she always does, even when it pisses people off. I reluctantly posted in this thread that you contacted me and talked trash and you admitted to contacting me and talking trash, so Amelia was obviously telling the truth. Why are you making things up and complaining to her friends?
    I've never contacted her friends to claim this. She's a liar to claim that I have. Your point makes no sense. Read above to learn. You basically set me up to hear what I already have said and tried to pass it off as this bit of wisdom - You're basically a fucking idiot and bottom feeding troll.

I've never contacted her friends to claim this. She's a liar to claim that I have. Your point makes no sense. Read above to learn. You basically set me up to hear what I already have said and tried to pass it off as this bit of wisdom - You're basically a fucking idiot and bottom feeding troll.

You already admitted you contacted me to make your paranoid claims.

If I am a bottom feeder, I promise I have sold a few million more records than you have, so what does that make you?

If I am a bottom feeder, I promise I have sold a few million more records than you have, so what does that make you?
    Are you Justin Timberlake?

Or just Joey Fatone?

ok - that's it - Forrest - if you want to talk, you have my private email but seriously - nuke my account and all my posts - keep quotes, I don't care, but the hate here for blind reasons is nauseating. I've tried to resolve this but was ignored and ridiculed. A pattern that I've learned happens to users here more often then not it seems... funny no one see that either.

Later

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

As for Incog: Wow - that was the whole basis to make all these wild and new accusations Amelia? Nice... again, 100% false though. I never contacted him, I replied to his public post about this situation (that means HE started the dialog) via the msg system here as I said I didn't want to be a part of this BS publicly anymore. He was the last person I spoke to and it's nice to see he ran to you like a faithful servant to give "report".

And as you now know, I never said you had a vendetta against me - I eluded to to a story that I don't believe I even explained but if you must know and since you're pressing the issue, here it is: Some other reporter in the scene back 25 years ago who was interviewing me said something about you when B.L.T. was mentioned in the interview. I ignored her and never even thought twice about it. It only hit me after you felt I owed you this insane apology for something I never said and then started your passive aggressive campaign against me. That's it - Happy now?

Forrest: I've tried to talk to you off these forums as I've said - No reason to hide that - but without response. I find it disturbing that everyone has missed the point of this shit-storm: Amelia's misinterpretation of something I said on the BM thread that has spilled into what it is today.

Sorry, but that's the truth of the matter. Not my rantings. Not gay marriage. Not trolls. No, it all goes back to I got on the shit list because she felt I was dissing her human rights and sorry Amelia, you've never let it go.

I tried to resolve it, tried to ask what exactly it was that I said and never was it answered. Just replaced with passive aggressive remarks against me and now the gall to claim it was just a big "Hilarious" joke of some sort?

I also find it interesting that completely unrelated to me, other people have experienced close to the same exact treatment from Amelia to the point of them leaving or expressing opinions that I have touched upon - again, completely unrelated to me - some happened even before I was here. Doesn't that tell you something?

Sorry man - It was never my intention to start this shit-storm. I've tried to reason with it, beg it for an answer and explain myself within it only to be ridiculed for being 'So Serious' - so whatever - those who want to make light of it, not read my postings made apparent by all those who 'don't get it', so be it - you mean nothing to me - my at one time acquaintanship with Amelia and Forrest did which is why I initially put effort into trying to get answers to this bizarre behavior.

Not being a jerk does not make someone a "servant" or a "pet".

Make up your mind whether you never told anyone you thought I had a vendetta against you, you only told one person you thought I had vendetta against you, you told a lot of people you thought I had vendetta against you, including stating publicly here that you feel I have been waging a "passive aggressive campaign against" you. Whatever that means.

I don't get it. Do you think me not accepting your friend requests on other sites is a "passive-aggressive campaign"? I don't know you like that, so there is no need to be all wounded about it. If I added every guy I had coffee with once to every profile, they would all be unmanageable. You admit that we're just casual acquaintances, so why do you need to be on my friends list?

I told you that I did not appreciate you telling me how I feel with your assertions that I "hate" Burning Man and have a personal problem with Burning Man. Now you also are asserting that I "hate" you and have a personal problem with you. If you do not immediately see what is hilarious about that pattern, I don't know if I can explain it to you.

I do think it is awesome that a quarter century ago, you met a reporter whose name you can't recall, who wrote for a magazine you don't remember, who was so precognitive that she envisioned that some day in the future someone named Amelia G would move to the United States and produce a punk rock humor zine called BLT and this forgotten reporter would have an opinion about BLT but that opinion would be a secret. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    Are you Justin Timberlake?

Or just Joey Fatone?

I wish I had Justin Timberlake's sales or moves but I'm more of a fossil than that. My apologies for putting my dick on the table.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Uhm... why would I talk to you privately? I have nothing to hide. You contacted me on FB and I gave you some advice, that's it. As far as I'm concerned, keeping things linear is in everybody's best interest.

...I also find it interesting that completely unrelated to me, other people have experienced close to the same exact treatment from Amelia to the point of them leaving or expressing opinions that I have touched upon - again, completely unrelated to me - some happened even before I was here. Doesn't that tell you something?.
    Uhm... no, actually. I am totally confused about what your problem actually is. I get that you are bent out of shape, but I really do not get the actual reasonable genesis at all. It seems that you have been retaliative and accusatory and just plain rude when there really isn't any solid justification. When given the opportunity to get over it, you are kind of refusing and that bums me out a little.

Someone said something unkind a quarter century ago? Seriously? Aside from your time line being highly questionable at best, my actual thought on that charge is no shit. I can speak for myself when I say that my goals back then were to have more people hate me personally and to say fuck you more often. I was an angry disenfranchised punk rocker. So yeah, someone didn't like folks from our crew? No kidding. Say it isn't so! However, it seems like that's digging pretty deep to find some dirt to throw, or threaten to throw in you case anyway. I honestly don't get why though.

I wish I had Justin Timberlake's sales or moves but I'm more of a fossil than that. My apologies for putting my dick on the table.
    Haha, no worries. I thought it was a little out of context, but then this whole thread is largely None Of My Fucking Business.

FWIW- Reading through Bat's posts, and through some of the threads (particularly the laugh fest that is the Burning Man thread- For a while I was confused and wondering if there was a "bowel movement" thread somewhere that I had missed) I can see from Bat's point of view why he feels the way he does, and how it makes sense to him.

I've always thought that Amelia, and Forrest were weirdos, and very particular in how they view things, and conversations- in different individual ways though- but having known them only through their posts here, I've never seen any real malice in their reactions to folks. (But dude, and dudette, you're still weirdos.)

On some level I think all of you are talking past each other.

Meh, experience is subjective.

That's My Fucking Unasked For Opinion.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

wow...............

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I wonder if DJ Bat and Allah are the same person.

Allah wants to be the only person that is banned to somehow prove how much of a fascist that Amelia is.

Bat also wants to be deleted and thinks these boards are stupid and doesn't want to have anything to do with them- and posted 27 times saying so.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

let me tell you right now, you and your forums are not worth a shit to me now.
    Methinks thou dost protest too much...

... methinks this because thou didst post six times after claiming the above.

Also Bat, why would you want to have all of your posts deleted? Why wouldn't you want to keep them there as evidence of the cruelty you supposedly suffered? Well, of course unless you realized in retrospect that your own words might not paint you in the best light?

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    Yeh. And I honestly don’t pay much attention to anything you say on these boards coz you’re literally the biggest ass licker here.

What do you hope to accomplish by telling every well-intentioned person here that not being deliberately unpleasant somehow diminishes them?

News Bulletin: Sometimes people agree or disagree without any agenda beyond expressing and sharing an opinion.

As usual. Instead of reading and grappling with another person’s ideas you’re only interested manipulating the other person’s words to fit in your skewed argument. But I guess that’s typical of people suffering from smugness. Even the most casual reader can see that nowhere did I post that Raza or BF are compliant. Cheap.

Also. Generally when you put two words and an abbreviation into a search engine you get no meaningful reply. If you know the meaning of all three words individually (and i know you love The OC) then you should be able to get at the overall meaning. If some lesser simians can do it so can you.

Do you mean The OC television show from a few years back? What the heck does that have to do with fascism or benevolence?

As for the rest, I'm not going to quote you or repeat myself because everyone here is capable of reading the rest of this thread and your nonsense has been redundant enough already.

Yeh, all the people with opposing views must actually be one person coz the majority is always right (!).

I already accomplished that target +10

You better go back to your designated position as the socialist extraordinaire that never crosses the line! Kiss the commandant's feet slave!

Yeah, wow, we haven't banned you yet. If it becomes apparent that you have no desire to participate constructively and every desire to disrupt and you finally, after years of creating multiple accounts to troll with, finally actually got banned . . . banning one person would prove I'm some giant fascist? Yeah, I don't think so.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

You're insane to spread these lies on your forum like this weeks after I leave.
    You're insane if you think you actually left.

I'm more relaxed then you as shown on these forums.
    Is that why you're typing pages long screeds about how you don't care?

so again, and publically - DELETE ME from these forums and DELETE ALL MY POSTS - I don't want to be associated with a liar like you. Oh, Human Rights? Where are my rights to delete myself from these forums? Hmmmm??? My forums allow users to delete themselves and their own posts - why not yours?
    Here's an idea, excercise a little self-fucking-control. You know what I do IRL if I go into a store or a bar or whatever and I don't like it there? I don't go back! I don't hang out there for days telling everyone in there how much their bar sucks.

I never contacted him, I replied to his public post about this situation (that means HE started the dialog) via the msg system here as I said I didn't want to be a part of this BS publicly anymore.
    So what you're saying here is.....that you didn't contact him, you only sent him a message....

I'm sure there's some kind of medication out there for whatever condition it is you suffer from.

If you want to be like Timberlake, it should be in a box.

you've banned me many many times. Its my word against yours. There's no point in arguing further. People will make up their minds for themselves. Unless you don't think they're able of course...

You and Bat can each have one...

you've banned me many many times. Its my word against yours. There's no point in arguing further. People will make up their minds for themselves. Unless you don't think they're able of course...

Note that you are posting right now. Does that seem like a banned person? If you feel being asked to use just one account is being banned, then you are quibbling over semantics.

So are you talking about The OC television show from a few years back? What the heck does that have to do with fascism or benevolence?

Yeh, all the people with opposing views must actually be one person coz the majority is always right (!).

You better go back to your designated position as the socialist extraordinaire that never crosses the line! Kiss the commandant's feet slave!
    for people to have an opposing viewpoint it kind of requires you to have a point to begin with.

I thought that the socialist extraordinaire was Barrack Obama?

Do you live in linear time like me? Just because I’m not banned now it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been banned before. Obviously this conversation is going to be impossible until you get out of retard-zone. Who are you trying to kid? The only reason I’m not banned on this site right now is because I gave you an ultimatum to either ban me or back down and you decided on the latter to save face. If i hadn’t given you that ultimatum I´m sure you would have banned me for one of the lame prefixes you were so obviously trying to devise. Make no mistake about it. The only reason you won’t ban me now is because you can’t.

I’m just happy you don’t have my email address coz I’m not sure that my spam filter could handle all the demands for public apologies you probably would have sent me by now if you did have it.

Anyway this is getting boring. See you on the forums!

I am disinclined to take public conversations private or private conversations public.

I started this thread about moving everything here back to our normal intelligent and not overly-sensitive conversation. I did, however, in my opening post, point out that we have only had one banning incident in all of the years Blue Blood has been online and that it did not stem from forum behavior. I did not make some kind of solemn oath to never ban anyone ever. In point of fact, I stated clearly that it had already happened on one occasion before.

Even when you did your self-loathing troll stunt years ago, you were not banned, just asked why you would do such a thing and asked to pick a single account. You explained that you would do such a thing because you like Blue Blood, but you and your girlfriend are both "self-loathers".

I admit that I don't really get the troll personality type. I feel like, if a person experiences self-loathing, that person should take steps to become a better human being. I founded Blue Blood in 1992 partly to celebrate sorts of people who sometimes go uncelebrated but who deserve it. I never had any intention of pandering to people who hate themselves, want to continue hating themselves, and want other people to join in hating them.

I suppose you could still explain what you mean about Blue Blood's "benevolent OC fascism" if you feel like communicating, but I see little likelihood of you coming up with any real logic beyond the self-hatred you have already expressed having for yourself. If you do not feel like communicating, here is the deal: if you do not wish to decide that you want to be a member of this community and continue to post according to the reasonable and free terms of service . . . you can admit that you are only here to be a nuisance and would like to be the first person banned for forum behavior and we'll be glad to accommodate, if that will really be such an awesome boost to your self-esteem.

I believe that most people have good intentions and would prefer to do the right and decent and reasonable thing, given the option and information. I find it disappointing and dismal when I see that someone is trying to have a problem.

Frankly, if, in a whole decade plus of Blue Blood having online forums, in first the membership sites, and then the dot net, we end up having to ban one lonely little troll with MPD . . . I am going to go on believing that most people are basically good and will be decent and reasonable when given the opportunity.

WHY?

WHY?

WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON????

FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF SATAN PLEASE MAKE IT STOP....

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    . . . I am going to go on believing that most people are basically good and will be decent and reasonable when given the opportunity.
    oh right, naive weirdo pedant who must neurotically compulsively hash out every damn single disagreement down to it's fundamental molecules... got it.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I love lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    WHY?

WHY?

WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON????

FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF SATAN PLEASE MAKE IT STOP....

oh right, naive weirdo pedant who must neurotically compulsively hash out every damn single disagreement down to it's fundamental molecules... got it.

I am totally cool with you feeling I am a weirdo or a pedant or someone who feels that talking things out with a disgruntled person is usually (but not always, banality of evil and all that) better than kicking them out of the party. Pretty accurate.

I know a lot of forums use the ban hammer liberally; maybe it is naive, but I like to foster dialogue, and that has mostly worked out fine on Blue Blood. Someone could have a legit critique and I like to give people every possible opportunity.

I wish I was a moderator, you'd all be fucking banned.

so much typing.............how do you guys do it?

Bedlamite

Yeh. And I honestly don’t pay much attention to anything you say on these boards coz you’re literally the biggest ass licker here.
    Is this you not paying attention to what I'm saying?

Good Job!

Again.

You're one of the worst trolls on the planet.

Do you live in linear time like me? Just because I’m not banned now it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been banned before. Obviously this conversation is going to be impossible until you get out of retard-zone. Who are you trying to kid? The only reason I’m not banned on this site right now is because I gave you an ultimatum to either ban me or back down and you decided on the latter to save face. If i hadn’t given you that ultimatum I´m sure you would have banned me for one of the lame prefixes you were so obviously trying to devise. Make no mistake about it. The only reason you won’t ban me now is because you can’t.

I’m just happy you don’t have my email address coz I’m not sure that my spam filter could handle all the demands for public apologies you probably would have sent me by now if you did have it.

Anyway this is getting boring. See you on the forums!
    Pretense, dummy. The word is pretense...

I've tried to stay away as much as possible from this thread. I think the whole thing is out of hand. I'd have to agree with Forrest and put everything behind it all. People disagree on the intrawebs all.the.time. That's why Webster has the word "opinion" in the dictionary.

In my opinion, everybody here (lately) needs to either :
    a) get laid
    b) get meds
    c) get a glass of calm-the-fuck-down

Also, in my opinion, BLT should be brought back, and Xorcist should be resurrected. Everybody then party like its 1989. Because at least back then if somebody disagreed they took it to the dance floor and not the living room behind a LCD. :P

Why is everybody against Allah? I actually like him.
    And why is Bat so butthurt? It makes him less cool than he was in beginning.

How the fuck do you manage to go on and on and on in this topic? I'm for it that this thread gets locked and disappears slowly in depths of unwanted threads.

I have feeling that this thread, and threads like this is what's making blue blood less attractive. Maybe not in the "views and replies" sense, but in emotional attraction. IT KILLS THE SPIRIT!

Now go back and see how often did I wrote with capital letters, and let it "say you something".

Every member of every forum ever should have this pic.

I'm actually finding this all kind of fascinating................well, it's starting to get boring, but that's ok

Why dont the 2... 3 or maybe more of you GET A ROOM and sort it out????
    this seems crazy that this is still 1 of the most popular threads. Yes i know i am responding, but only to say PLZ take this elsewhere. OR lock this thread, it is getting nowhere.

I was gonna actually put forth some of my own input on the discussion of Trolling... but i think that may deserve a thread of its own as this seems to have been completely taken over by rant and rambles

+ Reply to Thread