+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you decompress after a trip

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

Default How do you decompress after a trip

Hi, so I have this lifestyle starting to gel that leaves me feeling like a transient. I travel constantly by train, car, and bus. I am at "home" for only a few days or weeks here and there. I am not complaining in the least, but when no where feels like home I find it hard to actually relax and enjoy a day off.

How do you decompress?

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Re: How do you decompress after a trip

Lots and lots of beer

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I've never really had that problem, with the exception of jet lag. That part of me must have never evolved, because I can set up home anywhere, whether I'm sleeping in my bed, another bed, a couch, a cot, or my truck.

Do you feel you miss relaxing days 'off'?

Might just be that you build a habit of doing stuff at most any given time, and more passive ways to fill it feel odd by contrast. If the the things you're doing excite you and don't leave you stressed, maybe you should embrace your motivation to keep going and choose similarly active and rewarding activities for your time at home.

I'm a road warrior for a gaming company, and i'm out of town at least half the time. i have never had a problem with jet lag or decompressing, so i can't help with that. I work so much that when i get back to my apartment, i have no trouble sleeping.
    i can sympathize with not feeling like any one fixed place is "home", but i am comfortable most of the places i go. days off for me are very rare, i'm not sure how to act when i get them. I do have lots of hobbies, so that helps...

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Speaking of sleeping in my truck, I actually did it last night. The bars in Chicago don't close until like 4 in the morning, so by the time I got to my friends house it was almost 5, so I left him a message to call me when he wakes up and took a nice nap in my passenger seat. It was great!

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

I feel good most of the time. I have a very busy life. I am on the road nearly all the time. Any where I lay my head is home. I cannot say I ever get jet lag. I do get wiped out after a while of "wake up, strike camp, drive 3 hours, work 6 hours, set up camp, sleep, wake up, strike camp..."
    I guess the hardest part is finding privacy to be alone, think, masturbate...I love my life and I find it very rewarding. Some of the people in my life suggest I take days off. I dont know if that is because they think I need it or if they just cannot imagine being so busy and traveling so much.

and the porridge was just

cigarette!

Get wasted.

+ Reply to Thread