+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tattoo Teasers

Default Tattoo Teasers

New issue of Tattoo Teasers is on newsstands now. This issue features two super long layouts from BlueBlood.com shot by yours truly and Forrest Black. The set we shot of
    Read the full article

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Tattoo Teasers

There is some really hot stuff in there. I like what they did with the layouts.

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

aww yeah. I'm'a have to check that out.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't know Bella Vendetta, but from what I've seen of her she seems like a really cool and fun person. And i'm always glad to see BB making an appearance anywhere.

See? I can be nice. but yes, that was unfortunately the preamble to me hating.

Not a fan of tattoo magazines. I don't give a shit that they have hot chicks. If I want to see hot chicks with tattoos, I'll go to Blue blood dot com. Or if I'm lame, i'll go to one of the many other websites devoted to the subject. If I am going to read a tattoo magazine, I want to see the emphasis put on tattoos... and preferably good ones. Those two things seem to be lacking in most of the mags on the subject.

So people that get tattooed aren't reading them and artists clearly aren't. they are for tourists.

Joanna angel seems cool and I don't have anything bad to say about her, but it does kind of piss me off that she drives an Escalade- but so does everyone else. I suppose that I could say I wished someone lamer got jacked instead of her.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I read tattoo magazines from time to time, and since you guys contributed, I'll look up Tattoo Teasers and take a look. My only real problem with the magazines is that they rarely take a look at small tattoo parlors or shops in small towns. They ony seem to cover shops in major cities like L.A., San Fran, New York, Chicago, and sometimes Dallas or Austin basically the places I don't go (with the exception of Chicago, Dallas, and Austin). The only time a lesser known shop gets coverage is if they're shown in conventions.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I guess I probably could have made this more clear, but Tattoo Teasers is, from a format perspective, despite the host of cool people involved because Bob Johnson edited it, more of a girlie mag than a tattoo mag.

I like tattoo magazines to show the ink with a focus on the person. I think people should select their own designs and not just copy someone else's so just flash is not interesting to me and I think the most fascinating aspect of tattoo art is that it is on skin. So I like to see photos of the whole person who has the skin art.

What are some of the small towns which have the best ink?

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

Edwardsville, IL at a shop called Evermore I get almost of my work done there !

Actually, small town shops usually have the best artists. They're the ones that are doing it for fun as appose to it being their career, because outside of big cities and military towns there isn't enough of a call for artists that they can do nothing but tattoo.

There's no real telling what small towns have the best ink, because there's so many small towns. I've gotten some work from Blue Bird Tattoo in Portage, Indiana on the occasion that I'm home on leave. If I had the money, I'd drive across country visiting small towns and put a book together, but I don't have that kind of money.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

You guys should let me know next time you're in Portland. Hopefully by then I'll have my back done and you can take pictures of that. It's a big piece that I just now found an artist for, so it should be done next fall.

Grats on the layout Forrest, nice pics of a Hottie, like always.

~K

My back should be done next month.

+ Reply to Thread