+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyberpunk Fetish Honeymoon Hotel

Default Cyberpunk Fetish Honeymoon Hotel

Steven Klein is a photographer best known for his collaborations with Madonna, so it is probably no shock that some people might find his work shocking. I just think it is really...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Cyberpunk Fetish Honeymoon Hotel

Eww, hairy guy.

Everything else is good stuff.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

not a Bear fan?

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

Ooooooooh God, Nina Ricci pony boots. Delicious.

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

Interesting shoot. Too bad some people complain that Bruce Willis is too "old" to do this! Who cares, the concept is cool, and the shots will be memorable.

Shes like a living doll. Cool pictures.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Obscuria.com
    Interesting shoot. Too bad some people complain that Bruce Willis is too "old" to do this! Who cares, the concept is cool, and the shots will be memorable.
    I think he's just right for the role. Cyberpunk isn't all about flawless people. It's look is more the juxtaposition of new and used, utility vs. vanity. My only complaint is the way the double truck layout looks in the print mag, as the fold really conflicts with the composition of the shots a lot.

Bruce is a manly beast and shes the epitome of a cyberpunk diva (slick, dark, exotic, artifical, and slightly "off". Like you can just imagine her sitting on top of a skyscraper at 3am smoking designer cigarettes and shooting pidgeons.)

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I think he's just right for the role. Cyberpunk isn't all about flawless people. It's look is more the juxtaposition of new and used, utility vs. vanity. My only complaint is the way the double truck layout looks in the print mag, as the fold really conflicts with the composition of the shots a lot.
    If he's 'just right' merely by virtue of not being flawless a lot of people would've done just as well, though.

I dunno. Age isn't the point, but the guy isn't aesthetically pleasing, nor particularly cyberpunk in any way that I can see. I mean, if he was rusty or something, I'd be behind that. But he's just hairy, which as flaws go is perfectly contemporary; perhaps even mildly outdated.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

So he's not a cyberpunk. Big deal? And outdated? Look at it like this, he's been donning the hairy chest look since it was in and he was like, 20! It's not his fault he's old. Besides, it takes a real man to rob museums and storm a two man assault on a mansion in Italy while singing songs like "Swinging on a Star" and "Side By Side"!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Actually, I always thought Bruce Willis had a bit of a look of a man out of time. He always struck me as sort of Chandleresque in the way he comes across, like very hard-boiled noir. Which I actually think fits an overall cyberpunk aesthetic very well, even though I personally have a taste for men who are manly but femmey looking. Bruce Willis was perfect in Last Man Standing which is loosely based on hard-boiled royalty Dashiell Hammett's novel Red Harvest. In movies with a more contemporary setting, Bruce Willis generally comes across best playing characters which feel pain but tough it out to do the right thing. Even in something very mass market like Die Hard, I think the idea was that Bruce Willis represented an older morality, not at all that he was a standard 80's guy.

+ Reply to Thread