+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damn, people really need mentors...

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Damn, people really need mentors...

Alright, I'm about to share two experiences I've had in the last two weeks that really makes me sad for the decline of two people.

First, while in Chicago, I was walking the 2 or 3 miles to the parking garage I had my truck in from a concert, when some idiot tried to mug me with a knife. Only, it was some cheap ass pocket knife with maybe an inch long blade. It was almost a mockery of Crocodile Dundee, because I laughed and pulled out my Benchmade (which I always keep the safety off when walking around downtown Chicago or any other major city), pressed the button, and the 3 1/2 inch blade swung out. Needless to say, he walked away. But doesn't this kid have some other wannabe gangster to look up to who could teach him not to try and mug someone with a dinky pocket knife, especially if he is bigger than him and/or looks like a pissed off asshole?

And then on Tuesday while I was at the Warped Tour in Indianapolis, I saw those gaytards that think moshing is standing by yourself flailing your arms around like an idiot trying to backhand everyone around you as well as stomping around and kicking. Now, I don't have much problem when they're alone out of the way or in a little circle jerk of stupidity, but some of these people tried to do it during an actual mosh. Then they wondered why someone like myself grabs their arm when he is almost punched in the face, throw them to the ground, then stomp on their stomach as they go in to shove into someone who actually knows what's going on. Someone or some group of metalheads who actually know how to mosh needs to teach these kids, and almost all of them are barely 18 or 19, what a real pit looks like!

So yeah, petty criminals and young metal heads need someone to guide them into knowing what they're actually suppose to do.

On another note, I'm really tired after driving 15 hours from Indianapolis to just outside Dallas, and I still need to drive another 5 hours tomorrow.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Damn, people really need mentors...

And that right there is why I got out of the local scene in indy almost 7 years ago. The fucktards around here haven't known what a moshpit was forever. I don't understand wtf this shit is that they are calling moshing nowadays, but back in the day, people started doing that shit and they got pushed out and blocked from coming back (after a few punches to the gut or face depending on what they did)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it's because of hardcore (punk + metal + emo + screaming - punk - metal + girl pants + stretched ears)

So pretty much, you just wanted to share two stories of how you're tougher than other people.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    So pretty much, you just wanted to share two stories of how you're tougher than other people.
    As appose to just about every post you make where you just have to prove your counterculture status and just how different you are from any sort of norm? I just wanted to share two stories of idiots who could really use someone to teach them how to do what they thought they were doing correctly, because really, I'm not that tough.

And Athena, I've seen that crap in other places before, but it was always just one or two people who got thrown into the real pit and then trampled, as apposed to the couple dozen I saw on Tuesday.

Hehe. I can see how that's a common theme, but the posts and topics sharing it are each no less varied or meaningful for that in their own right. Yours however, is a very translucent front for the near-primal instinct of boasting about violence-related victories.

And don't get me wrong: I know that's a very satisfying thing to do. That's the nice thing about primal urges, and I don't hold it against you that you indulge. Trying to endow the whole thing with an air of samataranism and education by dedicating a singular sentence to some generic statement about people 'needing guides' and the declining state of the world in general though, that's at least as pretentious as anything I manage on a good day.

I know someone who literally got mugged. Some guy hit them over the head with a coffee mug and then took their wallet. There was also a police report about someone getting attacked with a kitchen knife on my campus. Criminals generally aren't smart people.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I know someone who literally got mugged. Some guy hit them over the head with a coffee mug and then took their wallet.
    This is awesome.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

I know someone who literally got mugged. Some guy hit them over the head with a coffee mug and then took their wallet. There was also a police report about someone getting attacked with a kitchen knife on my campus. Criminals generally aren't smart people.

wait wait wait. was that in worcester mass, at clark university? cuz i know/knew that guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    wait wait wait. was that in worcester mass, at clark university? cuz i know/knew that guy too.
    Yeah. Seriously? Wow that is random.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey

So yeah, petty criminals and young metal heads need someone to guide them into knowing what they're actually suppose to do.

That's what parents are for

Yeah. Seriously? Wow that is random.
    yeah, i went to school with him there. i lived in the suite next door to him when he got mugged. tell him david, the weird guy from clark with all the piercings says hi (if you could/would).

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

axa, you're a guy? I always thought you were a girl, because of the avatar.

hehe, i like to be ambiguous like that. comes from a good amount of androgyny when i was younger and slimmer, combined with a love for the feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    yeah, i went to school with him there. i lived in the suite next door to him when he got mugged. tell him david, the weird guy from clark with all the piercings says hi (if you could/would).
    I don't actually know him personally, it was a story my friend told me. I'm still just amazed there is someone who went to Clark on here. I may have to kill you now to keep my secret identity hidden!

I don't actually know him personally, it was a story my friend told me. I'm still just amazed there is someone who went to Clark on here. I may have to kill you now to keep my secret identity hidden!
    too late, as i have already pieced together who you are! luckily though, i shall not reveal who you are to the rest. it may be better to take this to PM?

+ Reply to Thread