+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: alt models and failing at life

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: alt models and failing at life

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I'm sure that you don't think it's what you meant, now that I've made it sound so ridiculous, but you definitely said that your pointing out a historical figure with a big ego and a tendency to openly romance others' lovers proved me to be non-unique. And then you spend two more posts going on about how my claims to greater complexity than were absurd delusions of grandeur.

Really not much room to back out of that one.

That, again, says more about you than it does about me. I mean, I know where you're coming from - I put a lot of effort into portraying myself as a pervert, egomaniac and perpetual rebel at every possible turn, because they're archetypes with just the right mix of glamour and depravity to suit my tastes, and I really do fit them well - but the fact remains that they're the labels on the package, intentional suggestions of character that oversimplify its content in order to communicate at least some universally understood key-phrases to bourgeoisie. So I can dig that you see me that way - I see myself that way - but if they're the greater part of what you gather from my posts then either you've been skipping the ones over two sentences long, or you've been dazzled into reading only what you've been made to expect while treating the actual messages as filler.
    No. I've read about 75% of the comments from everybody on here. Once again...Sorry, but you still come off as an egomaniac. I'm standing by that. Call it a "label" if it makes you feel better. A "key-phrase", what have you, but last time I checked there were no adjectives or nouns to describe different "levels" of being an egomaniac....Just egomaniac.

Oh, and since you brought of the fact that categorizing a person just by a label lessens the content, I must ask you then...Do you see me as a high bourgeoisie banker, a middle bourgeoisie banker, or a petty bourgeoisie banker? Because I would hate to see you as just a person lacking the time, interest or intelligence to think beyond such a basic term as "bourgeosie banker" and nothing else.

No, no; quantifying abstractions doesn't make them any less inadequate. In fact it's a downright silly thing to do, since any numbers you attach necessarily cannot be meaningful. I'm telling you to reduce them.

No, no; quantifying abstractions doesn't make them any less inadequate. In fact it's a downright silly thing to do, since any numbers you attach necessarily cannot be meaningful. I'm telling you to reduce them.
    Doesn't matter. Answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Also raza and ajax, you both dress up like zombies. maybe you have more in common than you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Doesn't matter. Answer the question.
    Yes, it does matter. It's an irrelevant question with no correct answer, and your insistence on asking it goes to prove exactly what I've been arguing all this time: you don't get it.

This debate is over, I think.

Yes, it does matter. It's an irrelevant question with no correct answer, and your insistence on asking it goes to prove exactly what I've been arguing all this time: you don't get it.

This debate is over, I think.
    Oh, I get it perfectly. You don't get it. If it is a irrelevant question with no correct answer. If the description you have given me is basically an abstraction-Your word. A labeling. A "key phrase" to "dumb it down" for the rest of society. Then why Raza, is it so wrong for me to call you an egomaniac, yet, for some reason, it is somehow O.K. in your book to call me a "bourgesie banker". Isn't it, in essense, the same exact system of "profiling" that we both used to come to this theory of the other person?

That when I "label" you, I don't know what I speak of...Because I only know you on here. Not the "real" Raza. The one beyond this forum. The one made of all intricate parts. Yet, you only know the same of me....But still feel you still have the right to describe me any way you see fit to do so....Even though you do not know the "real" me....Only the few key strokes the I put down on here.

So, tell me Raza....In your best double entendre...How is "your" way correct, and mine, not?

I've been saying this entire time, it's not wrong for you to call me an egomaniac. I am an egomaniac. You're wrong only in your persistent underestimation of how much else there might be to know, which reflects on the depth at which you perceive people in general.

Anyway, I'm off to a festival now, so you'll be reiterating yourself at a black screen until monday night at the earliest.

I've been saying this entire time, it's not wrong for you to call me an egomaniac. I am an egomaniac. You're wrong only in your persistent underestimation of how much else there might be to know, which reflects on the depth at which you perceive people in general.

Anyway, I'm off to a festival now, so you'll be reiterating yourself at a black screen until monday night at the earliest.
    ***You're wrong only in your persistent underestimation of how much else there might be to know, which reflects on the depth at which you perceive people in general.***

You too buddy, you too.

Now the debate is over.

Exiled

Default How ever you may work hard, the boss will not be fully satisfied.

How ever you may work hard, the boss will not be fully satisfied.

+ Reply to Thread