+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you tend to obey traffic and parking laws?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you tend to obey traffic and parking laws?

Do you tend to obey automotive laws about traffic and parking?

I know I seem like I'm someone who wouldn't, but I totally do, especially for parking.

and the porridge was just

Default Re: Do you tend to obey traffic and parking laws?

umm when i had a car? parking yes. but when it came to speed limit and not driving aggressively? not really

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Well...When they give hefty fuckin' fines for that shit...Yes, I do. If I'm gonna throw my money away, it's gonna be on something that brings me some kind of joy...Not on more money for the "poor" county I live in. Fuck 'em!

No.

I leave the driving to hot chicks and I don't backseat drive and tell them to follow the law or break it.

Yes. 'Fraid so. Nature of the job is driving so I tend to behave, but also having had an accident just after I passed my driving test, that would have been far worse had I not been obeying speeding laws, I can fully appreciate the idea of low speed limits in built up areas.
    Big, open stretches of road with no-one else on? Well, we don't get many of them in the UK by virtue of being teeny tiny, but I would be less inclined to object to occasionally opening it up a bit.

I try to but it's really hard when you live in a city where no one else does. Most intersections around here don't have left turn lights so and are really busy so the only way you can take a left hand turn is waiting till it just turns red.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I don't drive but I am a compulsive jay-walker. I actually got a ticket once for that. $90 freakin' bucks! I didn't pay it.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I obey traffic stuff..................I make an effort to drive the speed limit, because I know it pisses people off, and I've done a lot of driving in my life and I don't really like to drive, and you know, I've noticed that most of the shit on the roads that really holds you up is caused by people who aren't following the rules

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't really speed. It's a waste of gas to jam down the accelerator for 10 seconds before you hit traffic backed up at the light and have to slam on the breaks. repeat X infinite.

But what pisses me off are the signs that dictate where I can drive, such as "No U Turns". Fuck that. If there is a turn lane, why can't I turn in the direction that I need to go?

Not a fan of stop signs either. They should all be yield signs. I'll slow down and have a look and stop if someone else is coming, but why should I have to stop if there is no one there? Just to obey a sign. That's stupid.

I pretty much ignore all traffic "laws" in parking lots because they are on private property and police usually don't issue citations.

But I do try to never commit parking violations, that is outside of my control to get away with since I'm not there. Don't want to risk it.

FilthCore's Avatar Junior Member

Well, I try to, but when it comes to speed limits, no. I don't usually. Parking? yea, because the cops in my area are harsh :]][/SIZE]

+ Reply to Thread