+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forgetting the Forgetting Sarah Marshall Ad Campaign

Default Forgetting the Forgetting Sarah Marshall Ad Campaign

In March of last year, Los Angeles was blanketed with some kinda misogynist-seeming billboards in promotion of a movie called Forgetting Sarah Marshall. You can...
    Read the full article

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Forgetting the Forgetting Sarah Marshall Ad Campaign

Eh, the movie was alright. I liked it the first time I saw it, but everyone talking about it and watching it all the time made it lose any real greatness.

Is it really a spoiler if the movie has been out for over a year? At this point, who cares if you give away the ending? If the person really cared, they'd have seen it already.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: Forgetting the Forgetting Sarah Marshall Ad Campaign

The movie was only okay but I think that original blog post was fairly absurd. "Advertisers have no problem pitting women against women," um, they're fictional characters. Not to mention that every story features a conflict of some sort, be it man v. man, man v. woman, woman v. woman, Spartans v. Xerxes, Paul Blartt v. dignity, etc. So why should one of those be labeled misogynistic? And I can't believe she pulled the "Won't somebody think of the CHILDREN?!?!?!" trick thinking those billboards in any way affected little girls. Seriously? The only effect that would have is if a little girl was actually named Sarah Marshall, otherwise I'm pretty sure little kids would just ignore it.

+ Reply to Thread