+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, any fans of....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default So, any fans of....

...The Cramps here? If so any particular favourite albums or tunes?

wharg's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: So, any fans of....

Gee! The Cramps, i've had something about them when i was... well... much younger, but i can't remember really!

Perhaps, i should try it again. Thanks for remembering me about them. ;-))

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Used to have a GIANT Bikini Girls with Machine Guns poster in the living room of a punk rock group house I lived in. Of course, we also had a crucified Curious George, so there ya go.

The CRAMPS!!!

I FUCKIN' LOVE THE CRAMPS!

That's seriously one of my favorite bands.

I really love Flame God as an album. My mom recently bought me a rare Cramps dvd where they are playin' for a mental hospital and all of the mental people are goin' crazy and getting up on stage.. screaming into the microphone... Hahahaha it rocks! She also sent me this kick ass Cramps shirt with Poison Ivy on it (she's so hot). It's black and pink.. I wear it everywhere. My mom is the coolest fuckin' mom ever!

Matter of fact, last night I was practicing my hula hoop to The Cramps - Burn She Devil Burn and Miniskirt Blues (a duet with Iggy Pop).

I hula hoop with a 50's surf band called the Swank Bastards, so I'm all about the spooky surf music that Posion Ivy jams out.

I also really love Psychedelic Jungle/Gravest Hits... It has my favoirte song in the world to hula hoop to on it.. "Primitive". Stay Sick is the album with Bikini Girls With Machine Guns, I like that one too.

:Primitive:
    What I don't know can never hurt me
    I live a life that's working for me
    What I respect you just can't see
    What you expect I'll never be
    primitive...
    That's how I'll live
    primitive...
    I take what you give
    Cause I love and I live
    primitive...
    The things I do you'd never try
    What I get free you have to buy
    I'm proud of my life but don't ask me why...
    Cause if i told ya, I'd probably...
    primitive...

If you haven't listened to The Cramps in a while you should check out their new album "Fiends of Dope Island" - It rocks with songs like Big Black Witchcraf Rock, Elvis Fuckin' Christ and Colour Me Black.
    Last edited by Szandora; 05-28-2004 at 09:36 AM.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Good to see another fans. I first heard them back during High School in the middle of the whole grunge thing. Needless to say it got me a lot of strange stares. Not that I cared much...the music was good. besides the way I saw it there were enough peopel faking to like "Alternative" bands so one less wouldn't hurt it any.

Poison Ivy always amazes me each time I listen to her play...very hypnotic and unreal. The things she does with a guitar...wow.

My favourite album though is Stay Sick...I've listened to that album so many times it's like one giant song in my head. Every song on that album I love to death and beyond. It opens and ends with such energy it's hard to sit still listening to it. Look Mom No Head is a close second...followed by A Date With Elvis. Aloha From Hell, Alligator Stomp, Get off The Road...I think I listened to them for a good solid year every day.

Good music never gets old and The Cramps always sound fresh...and they never feel dated.

Szandora, Primitive is a great song...it just hooks a soul dosen't it? Good to hear your such a big fan. I heard about that DVD and sadly have never been able to score a copy. I hear it's a hell of a hoot.

"...Matter of fact, last night I was practicing my hula hoop to The Cramps - Burn She Devil Burn and Miniskirt Blues (a duet with Iggy Pop)..."

That I gotta see one day...Burn She Devil Burn is one of my favourite tunes. Neighbors use to curse up a storm when I would blast that tune to all hours.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Used to have a GIANT Bikini Girls with Machine Guns poster in the living room of a punk rock group house I lived in. Of course, we also had a crucified Curious George, so there ya go.
    Good! That's what Curious George gets...damn his Monkeyness!

I had a big Flamejob poster since I could never really find others...finding stuff like that was much harder for a High School student in the pre-net days. I however diched the poster when it started to appear in the room of every teenager on cheesy sitcoms...that was simply too creepy...even for Mr. Me.

Good music never gets old and The Cramps always sound fresh...and they never feel dated.

Szandora, Primitive is a great song...it just hooks a soul dosen't it? Good to hear your such a big fan. I heard about that DVD and sadly have never been able to score a copy. I hear it's a hell of a hoot.

"...Matter of fact, last night I was practicing my hula hoop to The Cramps - Burn She Devil Burn and Miniskirt Blues (a duet with Iggy Pop)..."

That I gotta see one day...Burn She Devil Burn is one of my favourite tunes. Neighbors use to curse up a storm when I would blast that tune to all hours.

Haha! Your Cramps in High School was like my Marilyn Manson. I liked Manson from the beginning, before all the slashing and all of that. In a small town in Georgia if you state that you're not of the Christian race, you're considered a "devil worshiper" or in my case "devil girl"

As you can see it really didn't bother me, it burned them more. Not too many people knew what the fuck Manson was, they thought he was a she... pretty funny... anyway, back to the Cramps....

About seein' me hula hoop to Burn She Devil Burn, I'm sure you'll be able to see that in L.A. I plan on finding some places where I can shake my booty.

As far as the dvd... send me a personal message with an address and I'll burn it for you and send it off to you. It's a bootleg of course.. Which I think makes it even better, so the footage is a little off and blury. But like I said if you want it, it's yours.

The Cramps are like Elvis even when they are dead and buried they are still gonna fuckin' rock!

I love Marylin Manson's music also, but more for the rythm and tune than the lyrics

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Kick ass...I'll send that PM ASAP...bootlegs are the best. I use to have a ton of Nirvana ones way back when.

I totally agree with the Elivs analogy...The Cramps have that kind of energy that is not only infectious but eternal. Even when I play the ablums for people who've never heard of em they keep thinking it's a new band or something. That's pretty rare.

Reminds me...way back in the early to mid 90's there was this pop culture mag called Hypno...it was an odd mix of oversized euro mag style and anything pop culture...well "alternative" pop culture anyhow. You could find ads for Sonic Youth soap and other stuff...it did however have some good interviews at times...one was with Poison Ivy and in it she tells the tale of how she met Lux and such...very fun read. I'll have to scan it.

I look forward to the Hula Hoop performance...sounds cool as sin.

I can sympathize with the Manson thing. I was a sophmore when Manson's debut album hit. A friend of mine had some zine with him on it and from the interview he sounded cool...I loved the album and became a fan. It was oddly uncool to like him and I got hassled a bit for it....but by the time I was set to depart that hellhole TONS of people wore Manson shirts and listened to him music. While I was still a fan the Church of Satan connection attracted me more...that lead to all sorts of fun stuff.

I gotta admit though Manson and crew never surpassed the intensity and creepyness of their first album.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I love Marylin Manson's music also, but more for the rythm and tune than the lyrics
    I'm more of a lyrics guy when it comes to Manson...Organ Grinder and My Monkey are classics...for me anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'm more of a lyrics guy when it comes to Manson...Organ Grinder and My Monkey are classics...for me anyhow.

I'm all about The Spooky Kids - pre Marilyn Manson...

By the way... did you know that My Monkey was written by Charles Manson?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    I'm all about The Spooky Kids - pre Marilyn Manson...

By the way... did you know that My Monkey was written by Charles Manson?

Ah yes...The Spooky Kids...never heard much of them outside of word of mouth. Though thanks to Kazza just about everything floats around now.

I remembered they covered a few of ole' Charlie's songs on that album...been a while since I read the liner notes.

In a creative writing class I had during those days we were suppose to bring a song every friday to play...some sort of extra credit thing...basicly the teachers vain attempt to be "cool".

A friend of mine brought some Charlie Manson tunes...I remember them sounding kinda bad at the time...though I think it was the quality of the recording more than anything.

He should do another album...though the way things are today Fred Durst would probably get his hands involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Ah yes...The Spooky Kids...never heard much of them outside of word of mouth. Though thanks to Kazza just about everything floats around now.

I remembered they covered a few of ole' Charlie's songs on that album...been a while since I read the liner notes.

In a creative writing class I had during those days we were suppose to bring a song every friday to play...some sort of extra credit thing...basicly the teachers vain attempt to be "cool".

A friend of mine brought some Charlie Manson tunes...I remember them sounding kinda bad at the time...though I think it was the quality of the recording more than anything.

He should do another album...though the way things are today Fred Durst would probably get his hands involved.
    If you ever get a chance dowload Sick City by Charles Manson - You should try a download program like LimeWire.. That's where I download from. Marilyn also covers that Manson song. I love it.

Charles Manson was so smart that it was dangerous... Doomed from the beginning. sucky.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    If you ever get a chance dowload Sick City by Charles Manson - You should try a download program like LimeWire.. That's where I download from. Marilyn also covers that Manson song. I love it.

Charles Manson was so smart that it was dangerous... Doomed from the beginning. sucky.
    I'll check it out...

Manson was a prime example of what charisma can do...like absolute power it can corrupt one and those around them.

One has to admit that the temptation to have such control over people is intoxicating. Not that a saintly man like me would ever be seduced by such things...

eddy's Avatar Junior Member

Saw the Cramps many time...Was headover heels for his wife poison Ivy.
    Best memory way when lux beat up one of the boston crew with his mic.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by eddy
    Saw the Cramps many time...Was headover heels for his wife poison Ivy.
    Best memory way when lux beat up one of the boston crew with his mic.
    Now *that* is a Kodak moment

+ Reply to Thread