+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are you here?

Default Why are you here?

OK, venturing once again into the danger zone... Actually starting a thread here is a touchy proposition.

So, why are you here? Not existentially, but here on this site? What benefit do you get from it?

I can start... Here because many people here have interesting opinions that I may agree or disagree with - and my line of work prevents me from airing my true opinions most of the time... Also, I have a deep background in all things industrial/goth/metal. I gave the bassist in my first band a Blue Blood shirt to wear at our first show and it brought us lots of luck. (I found it at a cool little shop in my home city back when BB was a print mag!) Finally, loads of respect for the great photography...

Now you...

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Why are you here?

after i had to relocate from one of the local big cities - boston and/or worcester - to a very rural suburb that has that small-town mindset that i abhorred growing up, i found myself totally out of touch and lacking in local social contacts of like minded individuals. i am also getting on in years and single, so that further complicates things.

im mostly here for the sense of community. having a group of semi like minded people who can discourse in an intelligent manner. we share a similar sense of aesthetics, be it visual arts, fashion, music, movies, or reading material.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Off topic for a moment, but why would you feel like starting a thread is a touchy proposition? I think folks here tend to respond intelligently and well to interesting topics.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

it's always interesting......................and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    Off topic for a moment, but why would you feel like starting a thread is a touchy proposition? I think folks here tend to respond intelligently and well to interesting topics.
    I agree! I should have added one of these after my comment to show that I was being humorous... And... really I don't know... I guess I always hope to add value when I start a thread. I know some people who are quite bad with netiquette and seem to burn people out on every board they join... Don't wanna be "that guy" :P

To post music.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I came for the boobies and stayed because my keyboard got messed up and I couldn't navigate away from the site...

Seriously though, I was stuck in a town with a ton of bad tattoo artists, only a couple of good shops and even with the ink I was still in the military so I couldn't do anything too unusual. Plus, there was nothing but country bars and ghetto clubs, I sure wasn't going to find too many people whose company I was going to actually enjoy.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

I've always been interested in the goth/industrial subculture, and I've been stalking the site for years. Partly for the beautiful women, partly because I think this is the best site that actually represents counterculture and doesn't turn it into something else. (I won't mention names, but we all know those "alt" sites).
    Also, I'm from a small town so it gets a little lonely always being the only freak around.

Why do I participate in the forums? Because I love that blueblood.com has an interactive part of it, and the members are intelligent and interesting to talk to. I love being able to get feedback on my sets and do the same for other models and photographers.

I enjoy the culture. i've met some super cool people on this forum. (except Buster Friendly who is a fucking cunt. Yeah, Fuck you )

hey....it's toe cutter!!

^^ Hi old friend!

it's been a long time since you've been around

Yeah, it's been a while. I just wanted to pop back for a visit and see what was going on. I work a lot and play a lot of Warhammer online (MMO). I went from chatting here to chatting to my guild. I know I'm going to get shit for that but it's the truth.

Cool to see you running for office! You'd have my vote!

......thanks....I didn't win but I actually got quite a few votes.....heh, my coffee truck driver voted for me

why ........thanks......? I would have voted for you.

.........well........ it's been really great being back. Nite Nite!

Hi Guys, I've been off for quite some time, hope some of you are still around. Had to start a new account. Formerly "Antiseptic Fashion" My clothing companies name..
    Still making Corsets and collars, opening (officially) a new Production company/photo studio in LA on Nov. 18th called House of Virtue info can be found at house-of-virtue dot com.

As for the post, I've always enjoyed BlueBlood because it gives me the ability to bounce ideas off like minded people, get feedback on my projects, and, unlike most of the social networking sites around, it has a more personal feel to it, none of the "add everyone" stuff.

Anyway take a look at my new work, come to our opening if you're near downtown on the 18th (flyer is on the site and my FB under the same name) and if any of the original members from years ago are still around, give me a shout.

-Billy

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyAntiseptic View Post
    Hi Guys, I've been off for quite some time, hope some of you are still around. Had to start a new account. Formerly "Antiseptic Fashion" My clothing companies name..
    Still making Corsets and collars, opening (officially) a new Production company/photo studio in LA on Nov. 18th called House of Virtue info can be found at house-of-virtue dot com.

As for the post, I've always enjoyed BlueBlood because it gives me the ability to bounce ideas off like minded people, get feedback on my projects, and, unlike most of the social networking sites around, it has a more personal feel to it, none of the "add everyone" stuff.

Anyway take a look at my new work, come to our opening if you're near downtown on the 18th (flyer is on the site and my FB under the same name) and if any of the original members from years ago are still around, give me a shout.

-Billy
    Nice to see you here, I've been a fan of Antiseptic fashion for quite a while, it should be interesting to see your new work.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I left because of the usual nonsense.

And came back because of the usual nonsense.

I wish many of the people I spoke to in 2008 were still here: it'd be good to chat again and have them know I thought they were cool people, not naked eye candy.

RIP Thistle Harlequin - I'll admit there was a tear rolling down my cheek as I read of his passing.
    To all absent friends, and even to those who think I'm a bleached asshole.

pschaw, i come here to get away from the nonsense crap. sometimes it is from work, school, or family; other times it is online stuff or even from a guild in a game. i have a few MMOs that i refuse to join a guild in sorely because i am a clan leader in another one.

and the eye candy - which is just as good clothed as without. there is also a good deal of what i like to envision as more like mind candy, which is still visually based, but provokes things like thoughts. as well as other yummy sensations.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

just - Here I Guess,
    ~ ~ *to do stuff, Meet folks, etc'.
    ':-]

I got here in 2008 considering to send some photosets to Amelia... I'm still considering but trying to make something that stands to the high quality patterns of blueblood so... I better do it before I turn 40 :P

i was contemplating this the other night. compared to a good many other online communities that i belong to, blue blood has a quality that i can only describe as 'Culture.' the others seem to lack it; they do fine with a feeling of a community. i get more of a sense of sharing & of communicating ideas here.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

I LIKE 'aXa' s' Answer.
    ':-)

~ very good point!.
    ':-)

+ Reply to Thread