+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lady Gaga - Judas

Default Lady Gaga - Judas

Music video by Lady Gaga performing Judas.
    Read the full article

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Lady Gaga - Judas

Love love love this song and video. I didn't think i'd ever like lady gaga as much as i do but i think she is amazing.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

I have to admit, I love Lady Gaga's music. Her antics can be somewhat irritating, but I think she's a great performer and artist.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the musics alright........her videos are kind of boring and and repetetive

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

I think she's a great artist too.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i just dont get her fashion sense. it is like, she has all these great ideas yet still makes most of them look off kilter.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa View Post
    i just dont get her fashion sense. it is like, she has all these great ideas yet still makes most of them look off kilter.
    Yeah I have to agree with you on that. I know she has all these complex explanations for the supposed "deep artistic meaning" behind her fashion choices....but I'm not buying that, she may be eccentric, but a large part of that is getting attention and media coverage. Although there's no shame in that. :P

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I don't see her as an eccentric............she has musical talent and she has a decent education.......and she grew up with catholic symbolism all around......that just makes her wierd, not eccentric

hmmmmm.......yeah, the chorus could be autotuned

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I've never really went out of my way to listen to her music, and as for her videos and style... It does seem as if Madonna had done pretty much the same thing in the 80s and 90s. Gaga just appears to have given things a 21st century twist. This video made me think of Madonna's "Like a Prayer" video, as it could been seen as blasphemous, much as Madonna's was.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer View Post
    It does seem as if Madonna had done pretty much the same thing in the 80s and 90s. Gaga just appears to have given things a 21st century twist.
    yeah, i can see that, but even with the 21st century update to her look/style...it still lacks something like the cohesion that madonna had in whatever look she wanted at that moment. i dont mean that gaga is half assed about things, its more like she is half this and half that - trying to combine disparate stylistic themes - without successfully blending them together. instead of fusing two ideas together and making them work, the only thing that holds them together is glue.

11. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to aXa For This Useful Post:

Black Spiral Dancer (08-02-2011)
    TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, her music is catchy, and I enjoy her fashion antics.

But I agree that it's a little odd when there is no theme at all.
    Many of her videos are all over the place with the ideas, costumes, etc.
    It reminds me of art school people who just paint totally random crap,
    or glue random thrift store things together and call it art. I prefer
    when there is a goal to a design, and it's executed with skill.

Honestly, I could make outfits for her, just by gluing random crap
    to dresses. Bottle cap dress. Done! Soda cans. Done! Cereal boxes. Done!

But I do enjoy the entertainment value of it all. If the goal is to get people
    talking, and get the media to pay attention to you, then mission accomplished...

And yes, I see the parallels to what Madonna did in the past.
    But just like movie remakes, there is a whole new generation
    who never saw Madonna's videos, never heard her music or
    fashion, so all the GaGa stuff seems totally new and amazing
    to them...

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I'm fairly sure that a quick seach online would reveal such parallels...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by aXa View Post
    yeah, i can see that, but even with the 21st century update to her look/style...it still lacks something like the cohesion that madonna had in whatever look she wanted at that moment. i dont mean that gaga is half assed about things, its more like she is half this and half that - trying to combine disparate stylistic themes - without successfully blending them together. instead of fusing two ideas together and making them work, the only thing that holds them together is glue.

I feel a little bad saying this, but it seems like the GaGa look is often a bit half-assed, so her fans won't feel inferior. I mean, I like some of the songs okay. Like DK said, they are catchy. The image seems like it should work for me, but it really doesn't.

I liked the video for Born This Way. It had that inhuman beauty thing going that I love, although I'm doubtful as to how much of that was her design.

Other 'n that, a few decent glammy shots... most of the rest had that crazy-but-not-that-nice thing going you see a lot when fashion students try to get creative without knowing what else they want.

Music seems just generic pop, the musical equivalent of a supermarket cookie loaded with processed sugar - a product designed to encourage consumption, not offer substance. Aside from what I know for a fact is hers I can't tell it apart from all the similar crap they play on public radios.

+ Reply to Thread