+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)

Default Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)

Skrillex posted just released the video for "First Of The Year (Equinox)" (Director Tony Truand) last week on Youtube and it already has over two million views. The Equinox video release is in preparation for the kickoff of The Mothership tour, in support of the Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
    Read the full article

Default Re: Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)

Video was worth a watch... music's a bit too hyper and chaotic for my tastes, but as dubstep goes fairly tolerable.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

very well done. loved how in sync the actions and motions from the video were with the musical cues. the whole video felt like it was a mix between the tv series "Alphas" and something from the upcoming mmo "The Secret World." as a fan of both, i couldnt help seeing it through that lens.

prolly the first Skrillex song i can even make it all the way through.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

So amazing. I love this song, and Skrillex. I'm going to see them in October actually.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sierras View Post
    So amazing. I love this song, and Skrillex. I'm going to see them in October actually.
    That sounds like fun. I've been tempted to roll out to Vegas to catch him sometime.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm not quite sure why I always refer to singular artists as "them." I'm not that much of an idiot, I swear.
    It should be pretty fun though!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It's ok. It gets confusing when a singular artist interchanges their band name with their own. 'Them' is probably just a response to the multiple entities recognized with the singular name.

Badazz. Love this dude's style. Reminds me of Aphex Twin, but with a more linear, pop-song approach. For years, I was wondering where the great rock instrumentals had gone. In the 50s and 60s, guys like Boots Randolph made a gang of money just getting up and belting out great rock on a saxophone. Seems like it could happen again; this time, in the form of glitchy, studio-manufactured electronica.

+ Reply to Thread