+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there anything Uncountry about Jason Miller?

Default Is there anything Uncountry about Jason Miller?

I went to high school overseas, mostly with other children of diplomats and with the children of career military folks. And, some time after college, I ended up in the DC area, partly because my mother had been temporarily stationed Stateside. A funny thing about the Virgina and Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC is that they are an odd combination of global sophistication and, for want of a better term, redneck or country. A number of my high schools were kind of like the ones in Maryland and Northern...
    Read the full article

2. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to The Newswire For This Useful Post:

aXa (09-04-2011)
    aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Is there anything Uncountry about Jason Miller?

definetely agree with this paragraph: "The song Uncountry is fucking awesome and definitely resonates with my personal experience. Blue Blood is very much about not allowing others to put you in a box or limit your options because you like black clothing or some such. One of the aspects of having moved around so much as a kid, which I really value, is that it gave me a certain perspective. Because I didn’t have one subculture or another particularly deeply ingrained to any sort of a groupthink level, I saw the common threads between my disaffected friends who listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd and my disaffected friends who listened to Bauhaus." it applies to me as well, and is a good way to look at the whole "military brat" upbringing. i had a good deal of angst growing up, and i used to blame my folks being in the miliray for a lot of it. never really though of that as a benefit indepth; but it does explain alot.

the video and song feel more like real country than the pop country that gets all the media attention. at times, it felt almost blues-like. my fav part of the video is the ending shots, when he is staring up at the camera from under the brim of his hat. a very intense look.

Rocco1965's Avatar Junior Member

Love the song...even IF i had to explain to my wife that you can: Take the man outta "Clifton, but you can't take the Clifton out the man"

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco1965 View Post
    Love the song...even IF i had to explain to my wife that you can: Take the man outta "Clifton, but you can't take the Clifton out the man"
    Ha, ha, ha, DC represent!

+ Reply to Thread