+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is missing E3 besides me?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Who is missing E3 besides me?

So I registered to do press on E3 stuff this week. But then I got sick in April. And I had to take these antibiotics that are kinda rough on tendons and joints. And my ankle just kind of stopped working while I was walking to get coffee and I fell down and twisted it. So walking around on a cement tradeshow floor didn't sound so alluring this week.

So who is missing it besides me? Who is there now? Who went? And, for folks who went, was it fun and informative?

Default Re: Who is missing E3 besides me?

I've got a friend out there who's probably in heaven because of all the new hardware they're showing (the new Playstation and Nintendo portables), but I'm not sure how much of the partying he's doing. I went once, in '98, and as per my usual behavior around that time, I spent all of E3 drunk, on acid, and at The Chamber at night (that was E3's last year in Atlanta), since I was in no condition to schmooze enough to get into the "good" parties. I was more than content watching half-naked women have hot wax poured on them from a comfortable distance instead of pursuing the company of my fellow geeks.

E3 was so much better when E3, CES, and AEE were all the same convention. Everybody just tried harder when it was a conglomerate. I more or less did AEE this January. Had A LOT of fun in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    E3 was so much better when E3, CES, and AEE were all the same convention. Everybody just tried harder when it was a conglomerate. I more or less did AEE this January. Had A LOT of fun in Vegas.
    Yeah, seems like you had a blast out there.

I still have not been to Vegas, and being that I live like a monk nowadays, I may have missed the window for REALLY enjoying Vegas. I'll have to go out there at some point and test that theory of mine, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by mybigblackcockdotcom
    Yeah, seems like you had a blast out there.

I still have not been to Vegas, and being that I live like a monk nowadays, I may have missed the window for REALLY enjoying Vegas. I'll have to go out there at some point and test that theory of mine, I suppose.

I think Vegas is still pretty darn fun when you are old and virtuous. I feel the way you do about Vegas about New Orleans. Specifically I wish I had done Mardi Gras there when showing my breasts to strangers and being falling down drunk in the street would have been my idea of the best time ever. Of course, I did live in Germany that year and every German holiday is an excuse to get intoxicated in public. Not as big on the hooters though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I think Vegas is still pretty darn fun when you are old and virtuous. I feel the way you do about Vegas about New Orleans. Specifically I wish I had done Mardi Gras there when showing my breasts to strangers and being falling down drunk in the street would have been my idea of the best time ever. Of course, I did live in Germany that year and every German holiday is an excuse to get intoxicated in public. Not as big on the hooters though.
    See, I had quit drinking by the time I made it to NOLA, but I was stoned and tripping for pretty much the entire time I was there (back when I still did all that...I told you, I live like a monk now!). I liked some things about the city, but overall, it wasn't my cup of tea. There was a great bar across the street from the French Quarter Marriott (on the street closer to Bourbon) called Evelyn's Place that I hope is still there...they had great chicken soup, and a gun-toting owner who didn't take shit from anyone. She carded my friend and I by looking into our eyes. "Yeah, you're old enough." Tough ol' broad, loved her to death.

Quote Originally Posted by mybigblackcockdotcom
    See, I had quit drinking by the time I made it to NOLA, but I was stoned and tripping for pretty much the entire time I was there (back when I still did all that...I told you, I live like a monk now!). I liked some things about the city, but overall, it wasn't my cup of tea. There was a great bar across the street from the French Quarter Marriott (on the street closer to Bourbon) called Evelyn's Place that I hope is still there...they had great chicken soup, and a gun-toting owner who didn't take shit from anyone. She carded my friend and I by looking into our eyes. "Yeah, you're old enough." Tough ol' broad, loved her to death.
    I stayed in a hotel on that block the last time I was there and I don't remember it, but I was really fixated on fried oysters while there. New Orleans is like one big sprawling beautiful sucky neighborhood. Pretty but lock the car door, ya know. Were you in fact of age?

Were you in fact of age?
    A good deal past being of age, actually.

New Orleans reminded me of the world's biggest, most well-populated version of Asbury Park, NJ. Asbury's a ghost town, but the decay is very similar in parts to that of New Orleans (Asbury's decay is mostly 20th Century, but I still think that the towns are spiritual cousins in a weird sort of way that can only be explained if you been to both places).

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

E3 rocked. To simply put it.

So many cool new games out to play with. Got a bunch of swag.

Strangely enough I spent most of the time at the classic games section playing atari. Warlords is the best when you have a group of people.

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

My friend Tara went and had a blast...she brought me home all sorts of goodies

+ Reply to Thread