+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many places have you lived?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default How many places have you lived?

How many places have you lived? Where have you lived?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: How many places have you lived?

I was born in Denver Colorado, Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Satellite Beach and Rockledge Florida, Sherman oaks and Northridge, California. I went to 11 different schools by the time I reached high school. And now I 'm moving back to Merrit Island, or maybe Cocoa Beach, Florida. Eventually I plan on living in Europe, prolly in an RV of some kind. A Nomadic Vagabond, that's me.
    K

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Lets see, born in Chicago....moved to Sarasota Fl when I was 6. I moved about 3 times inside Sarasota, then to a failed semester at USF Tampa (truly a disaster if ever Ive had one), back to sarasota, moved 2 more times inside Sarasota, and recently (6 months) to Riverview (Tampa ). Only lived a few places, but moved a whole bunch (pain in the ass! ). Keiko, I see you're headed down my way. Well, east coast, but close. It's not really that bad. Well......... yeah it is. Sorry, I was trying to cheer you up, but I can't say that with a straight face . Oh well, theres always alcohol!

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

wow i thought i'de been to alot of schools until i saw keikos list. right heres mine:
    I was born in Southend-on-sea in Essex and i moved to a bigger house when i was a few years old just down the road, when i got to about 5 i moved to Liverpool because my dad got a job. Then my parents split about a year later and me and my mum moved back to southend.

Then my mum got remarried and we moved to London (i could see the millenium dome being built from where i lived ) then they decided to go to university so they moved up to York where i stayed for about 3 years (after moving to a bigger place after a year) then i moved back in with my dad in Liverpool where i stayed for about a year then moved into a smaller place.

Then after about 3 years in Liverpool i moved back to York to go to university where i lived by myself for a while then after i got bored with uni and left i moved back in with my mum for a while, then my mum and step dad got a job down in Cambridge so i stayed there for a while with them and now i've moved up into Doncaster with my girlfriend and thats where i am now.
    so thats my story of where i've lived i've moved 12 times and went to about 7 schools.......have i all bored you yet?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Well Keiko puts us all to shame. I have lived in Mill Valley, California, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and New York, NY. That's it. TRIED to live in England many times, just couldn't swing it...

Well, maybe someday.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I'm not counting the summer I spent hitchhicking across the country where I saw all of the continental united states, canada and mexico... and I left out the two months I lived in Hawaii. I'm done with this hemisphere.... next please!
    K

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i was born in mexico and i moved here to the states when i was 5 ive lived here in LA since then, in the same damn neigborhood

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

London, Yorkshire, Ireland, Wales, Belize, Mexico, Cyprus, Germany, France, Italy, Venice, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Moved through many other cities and countries over the years too, but not necessarily 'lived' in them for any great period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    London, Yorkshire, Ireland, Wales, Belize, Mexico, Cyprus, Germany, France, Italy, Venice, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Moved through many other cities and countries over the years too, but not necessarily 'lived' in them for any great period of time.
    OK, you are the new champion! Wow! Very exotic assortment of countries darling, very impressive!!! And how many languages do you speak?

How is Belize? I want to go to Yorkshire, Wales and Venice.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    OK, you are the new champion! Wow! Very exotic assortment of countries darling, very impressive!!! And how many languages do you speak?
    I can speak several languages, but mainly only use English and German. For a while I studied Greek and Latin at school (and once reviewed a complete series of Greek and Latin books from Harvard for British mensa). I also learned some French at school (against my will), Spanish was on the books in Belize and the army wanted me to learn Arabic...

How is Belize? I want to go to Yorkshire, Wales and Venice.
    Belize was superb. I lived in a wooden house with my girlfriend of the time, standpipe for water on the main street, a galvanised bucket for the toilet (empty in the canal) and a very small wooden shed in the garden (if you can call it a garden) for a shower (using the same galvanised bucket for water...). I'd go back there without a moment's hesitation.

In Venice I lived on the train station concourse for nearly a fortnight, getting woken up by the police at six each morning... In Paris in a carpark by the Gare du Nord ... In London underneath a bridge for a while (after I'd officially left London).

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

Just the one crappy kidderminster in the center of crappy england wow my life sucks but I suppose Im only young maybe i will have to move to hollywood when i get my theatre design degree that i havent started yet but then again i would hate to live there

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    Just the one crappy kidderminster in the center of crappy england wow my life sucks but I suppose Im only young maybe i will have to move to hollywood when i get my theatre design degree that i havent started yet but then again i would hate to live there
    I studied Stage, Costume and Design at school and got the certificate at the end of the course based on my stage design for one of Shakespeare's plays. I was planning on going to the Central School in London, but travelled to Paris at the age of 14 on my own and changed my life by seeing things outside the UK.

Day trips around the country are good, and often cheap ...

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

Pakistan, Germany, Israel, Egypt, although i was too young to remember any of them, then maryland, virginia, alabama, and finally pennsylvania.

so thats like 8

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I can speak several languages, but mainly only use English and German. For a while I studied Greek and Latin at school (and once reviewed a complete series of Greek and Latin books from Harvard for British mensa). I also learned some French at school (against my will), Spanish was on the books in Belize and the army wanted me to learn Arabic...

Belize was superb. I lived in a wooden house with my girlfriend of the time, standpipe for water on the main street, a galvanised bucket for the toilet (empty in the canal) and a very small wooden shed in the garden (if you can call it a garden) for a shower (using the same galvanised bucket for water...). I'd go back there without a moment's hesitation.

In Venice I lived on the train station concourse for nearly a fortnight, getting woken up by the police at six each morning... In Paris in a carpark by the Gare du Nord ... In London underneath a bridge for a while (after I'd officially left London).
    You should right a book about all this. Sort of a deranged travel book and get someone to make it into a film...

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    Well you have plenty of time to go all over the place!!! Hollywood, well I would not recommend it. I actually got kicked out of Hollywood, I am quite proud of that!!!! Heh! Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSelfrighteous
    Pakistan, Germany, Israel, Egypt, although i was too young to remember any of them, then maryland, virginia, alabama, and finally pennsylvania.

so thats like 8
    That's an interesting mix of places....

Joplin, MO. Back and forth between Neosho and Goodman, NY, NY and Madison, WI.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Born in Chicago Heights IL, then Sauk Village IL (2 houses), Newton KS (2 houses), Shawnee KS (2 houses), Carpentersville IL, Azle TX, Topeka KS (3 houses). Washburn University is my 12th school. Wierd thing is I've never lived outside the Central Time Zone. Of course I feel like an alien living in Topeka........ I can't wait till August when I do my foreign exchange to France.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

British Columbia, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

louisville, kentucky; millersburg, kentucky; asheville, north carolina; Dahlonega, a town outside of atlanta, georgia; Hiram, ohio

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    You should right a book about all this. Sort of a deranged travel book and get someone to make it into a film...
    So people tell me; but I want to live my life through first, unlike these 18 year olds who write their autobiographies and then vanish from view.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a few places in british columbia , PEI , toronto and area, germany, London , vagrant for a few years across Canada, now settled by lake wilcox

I was born in charlston wv, when i was 4 i moved to charlotte nc been here ever sence.

+ Reply to Thread