+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Romance?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Romance?

So feel free to share romantic moments if you wish. However my question is, what makes something romantic. Is it words, from poems written about you, songs sung to you, promises pledged to you? Is it gifts, flowers, candy, jewelry, other things? Is it the time & effort it takes to do something? or is it simply something else? (if so what?)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Romance?

The only time I think about romance is when I wonder why I don't think about it.
    - Charles Bronson ( the band)

nothing like that has been done to me but i have done something romantic or remotle..?? well I used to have a band when I still lived in Az. and I had a girlfriend there we had been going out for about a year and I had a gig on her B-day so I told her I couldnt make and I wen t to my gig about 5 min after I got things set up and the band ready I called her and told her to come down and that something went wrong and I needed her with me so she came down and as she walked in the door I had the bouncer pick her up and put her on stage I walked up to her and handed her a dozen of red and black roese I sat her on the stool and I sat on a chair lower then hers and played a song that I wrote for her the whole concert was dedacated to her that night so thats what I did...

little things... going out for walks is nice, especially in the winter, or at night. Sunsets, renting a movie and curling up on the couch.... i think that's romantic. Or hot chocolate when it's really cold out. You know, really just taking the time to be together. Songs are cute, though, once in a while.
    The best is when my boyfriend tells me he'll always love me.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    So feel free to share romantic moments if you wish. However my question is, what makes something romantic. Is it words, from poems written about you, songs sung to you, promises pledged to you? Is it gifts, flowers, candy, jewelry, other things? Is it the time & effort it takes to do something? or is it simply something else? (if so what?)
    English accents always just SEEM so much more romantic. And the way that English men look at you, and the things they say, it's just sort of hard to resist. It's called creamy English charm. And then if they are tall and handsome, then that's it...

When someone is in love with you, and you are in love with them, it just makes even looking at them across the room into an incredibly romantic scene. And then you add drama, and obstacles and emotionally obtainable, etc., and it becomes this total romantic tragedy.... I think I seem to be obsessed with romantic English tragedy... Ah!!!

I may not know everything about life, but I can tell the difference between love and just attraction. When someone is in love with you, you just know it. It's just there. Everyone can tell when you are in love. I can tell. English men tend to hide their feelings, so do a lot of men.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    Romance really goes beyond amorous relations. It can be an ideal or heroic quality
    as much as a candlelight dinner. It may be a series of extraordinary events or simply a dreamy notion on a rainy day.

Oral Sex on Bald Mountain ie Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" also works

OEC

Apres Moi, Le Deluge - Dying words of Louis XV ... After me, the flood.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

if my man will go all out with candles, rose petals, *which he did on my 16th b-day*
    i'm a sucker for that shit

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'm not overwhelmingly romantic, but I know where to get a rose and a bottle of good champers when the need arises.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I'm not overwhelmingly romantic, but I know where to get a rose and a bottle of good champers when the need arises.
    And don't forget the quiche!!!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

romance???? there's time for that these days?

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    And don't forget the quiche!!!
    Now how could I forget the quiche!

As I understand it, for some people there is nothing more romantic than a man who cooks the dinner (and I don't mean microwave, fast-food, meal for two in front of the tv cooking either).

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    romance???? there's time for that these days?
    Think of it as an art foreplay.

+ Reply to Thread