+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Whoa... this guy is pretty hardcore

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Default Whoa... this guy is pretty hardcore

A 61-year-old man won a life-and-death struggle with a cougar outside a small northern Vancouver Island village, killing the animal with his 7.5-centimetre pocket knife.

Dave Parker was jumped from behind while walking on an industrial road two kilometres south of Port Alice, a village of 1,300 about 370 kilometres north of Victoria.

The retired pulp-mill worker was attacked Thursday evening by a 45-kilogram adult male cat, conservation officer Ken Fujino said.

"It was thin but by no means starving," Fujino said from Port Hardy, the nearest sizable town.

"There was no indications as to any physical injuries that we could see that may have provoked the attack."

Parker was being mauled but managed to get to his folding pocket knife.

"A lot of people carry knives out here, or bear spray," said Port Alice Mayor Larry Pepper, a friend of Parker. "People are quite conscious of the fact there's cougars here."

Pepper said Parker managed to turn on the attacking cougar and slit its throat.

Despite extensive wounds, Parker managed to walk about a kilometre to a forest mill's log-sorting area. Late-shift workers rushed him to Port Alice's tiny hospital.

" Because of the seriousness of his injuries they took him by ambulance to Port Hardy and flew him down to the hospital (in Victoria)," said Fujino.

Parker was undergoing surgery Friday to repair his wounds and was expected to recover in the intensive-care unit. He was listed in critical but stable condition.

Pepper said Parker liked to hike and was in good physical condition.

RCMP Const. Jeff Flindall said police found Parker's knife next to the carcass of the dead cougar.

"It is a pocket knife and it is approximately three inches long," Flindall said from Port Alice.

Fujino said there have been a spate of cougar sightings around Port Alice in recent weeks.

"Generally as a whole cougar attacks are fairly rare," he said.

(Clicky)

Of course, you just know the PETA's going to crawl up this guy's ass for the whole thing. I wish a cougar would attack them instead.

VampBoi's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Whoa... this guy is pretty hardcore

Old dudes that kick ass Rock!

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

That is one grizzled motherfucker.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

My grandmother lives in Port ah is about an hour away form port hardy where that happened. That old dude is fuckin hardcore. I would curled into fetal position and probably cried like a bitch. The cougar would have had no choice but to take pity on me and walk away knowing he is better than I! Then I would simply shoot him. Stupid bastard!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

If plans in the UK come through, he'd be serving five years for carrying a knife in the first place and not even have met up with the wild beastie.

episode allah's Avatar iconoclast

"If plans in the UK come through, he'd be serving five years for carrying a knife in the first place and not even have met up with the wild beastie."

for sure, lol

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by episode allah
    "If plans in the UK come through, he'd be serving five years for carrying a knife in the first place and not even have met up with the wild beastie."

for sure, lol
    New laws introduced for consideration by Tony Blair a couple of days ago making it illegal - once the law is passed - to carry any form of knife.

yeah yeah, I live in ireland. So I hear about that crazy knife stuff on the news too.

I mean, whats a psychopathic serial killer without a knife?....they should at least let the crazies keep theirs.

There always seems to be two basic types of old people. The frail old fogey or the rambo bad ass who's gone unaffected by old age. I guess this guy is the bad ass rambo type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    New laws introduced for consideration by Tony Blair a couple of days ago making it illegal - once the law is passed - to carry any form of knife.
    How has Tony Blair been doing as a leader over there? I dont really keep track of the politics there. **

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    How has Tony Blair been doing as a leader over there? I dont really keep track of the politics there. **

Tony Blair is infinitely more clever than G.W.B. (despite his considerable rhetorical skills), unfortunately for Blair, the majority of British voters are also infinitely more clever than their American counterparts (no disrespect, we know you're out there too).

What this means is that Tony Blair will never be allowed to forget the failure of the Iraq Crusade.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Tony Blair Is A War Criminal

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Tony Blaire and the Labour party are ruining Engalnd! they so fucking blow it's not funny

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    Tony Blaire and the Labour party are ruining Engalnd! they so fucking blow it's not funny
    Well look on the bright side. America has four more years with Bush. Tony Blaire is no where near as bas as Bush.

yes yes.
    The point is that America deserves another 4 years with that monkey.

It is the civilized world that I am worried for.

Morgan Hell 666's Avatar Junior Member

Hey, Just keep in mind that almost half of America didn't want Bush. We are not all stupid, just lots of middle America is. lol

I am worried also about what this idiot is going to do next. Most of the world hates the USA for some of the stupid stuff our leaders choose to do.

We tried but he got re-elected. We can just now hope for the best but expect the worst.

I live in Canada however American Politics directly affect most Canadians, now I am more than content sitting around my backyard hockey rink drinking beer while eating bbq'd beaver yelling aboot at the top of my lungs but in the midst of all of this beleive me I did not want to see George W Bush get Re-elected. He is a jackass!

No offense guys. peace

All I mean is that 60,608,582 people voted for a war criminal. Now your country could be forgiven for making a mistake the first time round, but now it has NO excuse.

What is worrying is the growing level of racism directed towards America from Europe; now many will say that it is anti-bush, but from my perspective, it often seems pretty damn close to xenophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    I live in Canada however American Politics directly affect most Canadians, now I am more than content sitting around my backyard hockey rink drinking beer while eating bbq'd beaver yelling aboot at the top of my lungs but in the midst of all of this beleive me I did not want to see George W Bush get Re-elected. He is a jackass!
    That's true, American politics affects Canada. We share a huge ass border with you guys. AND you're our largest trade partner (import and export)

About Bush being a war criminal...that seems a bit extreme to me. And I really disdain the guy. I mean...words can't express how much disdain I have for him.

This is true, however our beef industry is hurting, they just jacked up the price of milk to offer releive to farmers. bastards, I was on a tight budget that nickel is goin to screw me!

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    This is true, however our beef industry is hurting, they just jacked up the price of milk to offer releive to farmers. bastards, I was on a tight budget that nickel is goin to screw me!
    I REQUIRE THE BLOOD OF THE SLAUGHTERED LAMB! **

I wonder what the guy would have done without the knife?

I wonder what the guy would have done without the knife?
    His bare hands? He's a badass. The knife probably was just as a courtesy to the cougar's ego.

You think that it is a little harsh to call GWB a war criminal????!!

Come on Dude, the guy is a fucking murderer....

Lets see how you feel when he invades your sovereign nation and shoots your children dead in the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    You think that it is a little harsh to call GWB a war criminal????!!

Come on Dude, the guy is a fucking murderer....

Lets see how you feel when he invades your sovereign nation and shoots your children dead in the streets!
    First of all he didn't personally do any of this. Second of all I am an American. Bush can't be completely blamed for this. The American Congress and his congress of crazies have more to do with this. The whole American beuarcracy makes it a bit too difficult to flat out blame and call Bush a war criminal. And I hate the guy. The only thing really criminal is his stupidity in carrying all of this out. He hasn't necessarily done more than Clinton did militarily. Bush simply has failed and dragged America into a quagmire.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Blair is toast come the next elections.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    First of all he didn't personally do any of this. Second of all I am an American. Bush can't be completely blamed for this. The American Congress and his congress of crazies have more to do with this. The whole American beuarcracy makes it a bit too difficult to flat out blame and call Bush a war criminal. And I hate the guy. The only thing really criminal is his stupidity in carrying all of this out. He hasn't necessarily done more than Clinton did militarily. Bush simply has failed and dragged America into a quagmire.

What drugs are you on?

Around 100 000 Iraqs are DEAD.
    Men, women and children just like you and me.

Oohh..but most of them were "insurgents"....yes, and I'd be a fucking insurgent too if America started knocking on my door.

Stupidity isn't an excuse. Whether you like it or not GWB. is the president of the US. If he didn't want to go to war then he didn't have to. He is a war criminal and he should be brought to the Hague and held accountable.

Around 100 000 Iraqs are DEAD.
    Men, women and children just like you and me.

Oohh..but most of them were "insurgents"....yes, and I'd be a fucking insurgent too if America started knocking on my door.

Stupidity isn't an excuse. Whether you like it or not GWB. is the president of the US. If he didn't want to go to war then he didn't have to. He is a war criminal and he should be brought to the Hague and held accountable.
    And what about Rumsfeld? And what about his entire administration? And what about the soldiers? And what about the guards at Abu Garade? And what about the American Congress? And what about the American people? It's not that cut and dry. I don't think invading Iraq was a good idea. Are you saying the leader of Isreal is a War Criminal too? Isreal has taken military action against Palestine for the suicide bombings. What about Kim Jong Ill and his atrocities - to his own people even. What about the Dar Fur genocide. There are numerous other atrocites throughout the world. It's heavy handed to call Bush a war criminal.

I don't agree with his rational for going to Iraq. From the start I knew it was crap. Do I think Bush she be President? Hell no. I constantly wonder what's wrong with America and why he won. But just because he had America invade Iraq (for good reason or not) doesn't mean he's a war criminal. He's inept. If anything put more blame on his posse of evil: Cheney and Rumsefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    There are numerous other atrocites throughout the world. It's heavy handed to call Bush a war criminal.

what drugs are you on and how much did they cost?

Incidentally, most of the other people you named are also war criminals.....its not a mutually exclusive position you know.

When you order the deaths of thousands of innocent people without even so much as moral (and I used that word very lightly) rationale you should be brought to the Hague.

By your analysis, even pinochet should be released.

and no one is really going to argue that soldiers are war criminals dude.....seriously!

What drugs are you on?
    If your remember back Clinton bombed Kosovo. Clinton had more support from the international public (which is a good thing and I applaude him for that.)

I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm simply saying it's heavy handed.

peace brother....there's no fight here

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Clinton was a war criminal imo.

OEC

peace brother....there's no fight here
    Cool cool. I'm glad. I didn't want to create any bad blood so early on. (or ever)

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Clinton was a war criminal imo.

OEC
    I don't think he was either. It was really just an example.

now heres a question my friend...

If GWB isn't a war criminal then who is?

(I have a thing for italics)

now heres a question my friend...

If GWB isn't a war criminal then who is?

(I have a thing for italics)
    I'd probably support the idea of Bush being a War criminal if it weren't for the fact there's so many buffers and required coordination of other American leaders. (I wouldn't

Specific examples in my mind would be Saddam, Kim Jon Ill (despite the fact he's kept relatively to himself.) Osama (the other cliche.) Other leaders I'm less familiar with would have to include the war lords in Africa. They're just going around and massacring rival tribes. There are some other leaders I'm on the bar about. I'm not really sure what I think of the whole Isreal vs. all of it's neighbors thing. Cuz Isreal kicks some mighty ass. Though they contend with the constant fear of suicide bombers. Something I would never want to deal with.

It is bizarre that you consider Sadam a War Criminal and not GWB.

After all George actually does have weapons of mass destruction and is control of the only country to ever use them on a civilian target.

The cowboy made a list of 52 people he wanted dead or alive and in april alone he killed 1,300; keep in mind that that the Atrocities in fallujah must be several times as bad.

GWB is killing Iraqis at a much faster pace than Sadam ever did.

Weblogger

I only get to see the international political failings, not the home-based political failings.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Blair is toast come the next elections.

OEC
    All you've done is swap the word Bush for Blair, and we know what happened there ...

Weblogger

It is bizarre that you consider Sadam a War Criminal and not GWB.

After all George actually does have weapons of mass destruction and is control of the only country to ever use them on a civilian target.

The cowboy made a list of 52 people he wanted dead or alive and in april alone he killed 1,300; keep in mind that that the Atrocities in fallujah must be several times as bad.

GWB is killing Iraqis at a much faster pace than Sadam ever did.
    Bush is causing more people to be killed, along with his government. He's not doing it himself.

Bush cannot be called a war criminal for the same reason that Saddam cannot be called one; neither has been convicted.

+ Reply to Thread