+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Or Samurai/Ninjas?

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Pirates Or Samurai/Ninjas?

Yeah i know they might as well make it a sticky thread!

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

A ninja/samurai because of not only the honor system, but they do unbelievable stunts and moves that could have you crippled in their grasp one moment and then walking just fine the next. Pressure points, fatal points, weaponry, and stealth are all very appealing to me.

Plus, if I were a ninja, I could harass my ex and kick his ass five different ways before he knew what was happening to him. *glee bunnies* That would kick ass.

I just like pirate costumes and their parties...that's about it.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Pirates are all about personality & cruelty.
    Ninjas are just anonymous thugs.

Jimmi Hendrix would have been a pirate.

fuck all that samurai shit, fuck zombies, fuck vampires and all that other shit. this is between ninjas and pirates. and theres no such thing as a ninja/pirate. ninjas hate pirates, pirates hate ninjas. i happen to be a REAL pirate. not like an old school pirate with and eye patch and a peg leg (though i do have a parot). we drink, we steal, we sail, and be plunder. we bord ships in international waters and rob them.

and i have a question: when did this whole pirate vs. ninja thing come into existance? does anyone know?

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pinchthelobster
    and i have a question: when did this whole pirate vs. ninja thing come into existance? does anyone know?
    That IS a good question.. I've seen this debate on forum after forum after forum. It's kinda.. Getting old.

another pirate....excellent, our ranks grow stronger

You should talk to our Capt., KiLAtomiK for any queries regarding your boat duties.

I believe he's away right now inspecting the cannons, he does like to make sure that they are well polished.....arrr...... well back to work for me....all hands on deck...

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Pirate Ninjas

Because being a Blue Blood is not about fitting neatly into one mold. You take the best and most awesome characteristics of that which you appreciate and make them your own. We are the multi-class characters, with skills and interests and talents that defy simple classification and stereotype. That makes us the coolest of all.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by pinchthelobster
    it stared about a month ago on this site between myself and adorn_shadow

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

yo ho ho, Avast ,i've been bucklin' my swash for years...........

me rum/water grog seems to make me yell avast, and "walk the plank ya lubber......."........haha

Ahhh, i found a shop downtown with the wikidest samurai swords there! 400 times folded! I want one!
    Then i could cut pirates in half! ahhhhhhhhhhh sukae sukae!

those are the traditonal ones. ...damn near slice through a rock.......BUT it's still no match for my cannon and cutlass....AVAAAAAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    those are the traditonal ones. ...damn near slice through a rock.......BUT it's still no match for my cannon and cutlass....AVAAAAAST!!!
    we got the guns & the numbers I think Adorn Shadow is the only enthusiastic ninja.....even with his sword he hasn't a hope!

Super Spring-Loaded, Teletubby Smashing, Radio-Active,Turkey and Clown Molesting, Algae Eating, Water Drinking, Flea Sniffing, Back Scratching, Alligator Humping, Cow Tipping, Samurai Type Pirates Of Doom... With Kung-Fu Grip ! **

behold the blunderbuss the most bad ass of all pirate weapons its basicaly a shotgun which you load with gunpowder then nails,metal pellets,shrapnel or whatever else you got lying around way better and packs a biger punch than any stupid sword. long story short you dont want to be on the receiving end of this bad girl

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Just as a note, Ninjas were the dark rebels. Samurai were agents of the Empire. Check out Mind of the Ninja by Peterson. There is definitely a connection with gothic archetypes

KillAtomiK: Remind me to post my pirate links for you later Gotta go tie one on for our boys in black here in Pittsburgh

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK

behold the blunderbuss the most bad ass of all pirate weapons its basicaly a shotgun which you load with gunpowder then nails,metal pellets,shrapnel or whatever else you got lying around way better and packs a biger punch than any stupid sword. long story short you dont want to be on the receiving end of this bad girl
    Thats a god damn ninja killer! It looks like it would hurt, hella cool looking gun though! I want one! it would go nicely with the severed half arm half hook plaque on my wall!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    behold the blunderbuss the most bad ass of all pirate weapons its basicaly a shotgun...
    allow me to quote from Cities of the Red Night, by William S Burroughs:

I now turn my attention to improving the flintlock. My dissatisfaction with this weapon derives from an incident that occurred in a waterfront tavern in Boston. This place was near our gun shop, and we were accustomed to take a beer there after work. One evening I was there with Sean Brady when a man came in who had been dismissed by my father for his drunken, lazy, quarrelsome habits and had stomped out, swearing vengeance on all of us.

There he stood at the bar, weaving and glaring at us with bloodshot eyes, and let loose a vile string of oaths and insults. Brady told him to mind his mouth or lose his teeth, whereupon the man pulled a flintlock pistol from his side pocket, levelled it at Brady's chest, and pulled the trigger. At this precise second the bartender, who was standing behind the ruffian and to one side, spat a stream of beer straight into the pan, causing the weapon to misfire. We then beat the man unconsious and threw him into the harbour and watched him sink.

so much for the flintlock pistol.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    It looks like it would hurt, hella cool looking gun though!

CARTMAN! STOP SAYING "HELLA"!

Ninjas do get the crazy weapons, an I like stoopid crazy weapons!

http://www.edinburghcastle.biz/graph...le_Cannon3.jpg

misfire this scumlick ninja types!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    Not forgetting that the Scotish Pirates lost to the English Ninjas.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I would appear to be a good Ninja.

god damn thats a beauty

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Ninjas do get the crazy weapons, an I like stoopid crazy weapons!

Oh sweet jesus I want two of these!

Cool Pirate and Ninjutsu Links

http://www.piratesinfo.com - Great Info and Pirates Gear

No Quarter Given Magazine - Extensive Links, Cool stories, Links to individual pirate sites including Women Pirates such as Anne Bonny

Ninjutsu is still being taught under the guidance of Grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi

OEC

i learned ninjitsu from Ashita Kim as a kid.......engulfed like 5 years of my childhood...........

BUT that was before i boarded the great vessel, and them damned pirates took me to there side.........AHOY!!!! matey!!!!!!

Ashida Kim is a great fighter but an utter poser as a Ninja. The tradition has passed thru 34 Generations and was incorporated by Grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi. Welcome aboard tho Matey! (I assume u were joking on Kim)

OEC

no really, he wrote a bunch of books on ninjitsu.and trined people in a few states.....i never knew this,we certainly didn't have a computer then and i quit well before i got all questionie......damn don't i feel stuipid..........and even more ready to blow away some ninja ass.........ha ha throw me a cutlass there captian....

no really, he wrote a bunch of books on ninjitsu.and trined people in a few states.....i never knew this,we certainly didn't have a computer then and i quit well before i got all questionie......damn don't i feel stuipid..........and even more ready to blow away some ninja ass.........ha ha throw me a cutlass there captian....
    I've seen his books. He's just held in low regard by practitioners of Bujinkan Ninjutsu. Even the way he spells it is odd. He is actually a Northern European who took on the name "Ashida Kim" to add to his credibility. He can teach you to fight just not the Ninjutsu tradition. You can find trained instructors thru the link I gave.

Shiver me Timbers!

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I've seen his books. He's just held in low regard by practitioners of Bujinkan Ninjutsu. Even the way he spells it is odd. He is actually a Northern European who took on the name "Ashida Kim" to add to his credibility. He can teach you to fight just not the Ninjutsu tradition. You can find trained instructors thru the link I gave.

Shiver me Timbers!

OEC

hell i haven't cared about it in years,don't think i'll get back into it,but thanks for clearing that up , now i realize yet another 5 years of my childhood went to shit.........haha,thank shit i started doing drugs and quit all that......

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Cool Pirate and Ninjutsu Links

http://www.piratesinfo.com - Great Info and Pirates Gear

No Quarter Given Magazine - Extensive Links, Cool stories, Links to individual pirate sites including Women Pirates such as Anne Bonny

Ninjutsu is still being taught under the guidance of Grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi

OEC

wow these links rock OEC!!! now I can organise that pirate party I've always wanted.....check out the costumes.....hehehehe
    I love that word...wench...lol

hell i haven't cared about it in years,don't think i'll get back into it,but thanks for clearing that up , now i realize yet another 5 years of my childhood went to shit.........haha,thank shit i started doing drugs and quit all that......
    I don't think it was a waste of your time at all. The main thing is you were on an honest quest. You might consider taking martial arts again from someone who knows the tradition and flow inherent to the arts. Aikido would be one suggestion. One other poster here and myself took Aikido as kids. For me, it has aided in my balance which was affected by an inner ear disorder. I believe it added an element of centering to my life, despite my own sometimes radical choices.

OEC

wow these links rock OEC!!! now I can organise that pirate party I've always wanted.....check out the costumes.....hehehehe
    I love that word...wench...lol
    It's great stuff. Am now rebookmarking them (comp crash) Thanks to all who added to this thread.

OEC

i don't think i'll be doing more martial arts anymore,i learned alot(not that i can remember much ,if any).........i was nice while i did it, But after years ,fuck!,like almost a decade of random pregressive drug use. i think i'm good were i am.......

"an inner ear disorder"

haha ,i always used that as an explanation to why i im "not" drunk.......awesome...........

"an inner ear disorder"

haha ,i always used that as an explanation to why i im "not" drunk.......awesome...........
    haha it works. I actually have it tho. You can't tell because I have been able to overcompensate for it. I appear "smooth" unless I start dancing or running I remember running track in high school. I was actually pretty fast. The coach "You know, son, if we could get you to run in a straight line you'd win every race" Never happened.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I would appear to be a good Ninja.
    Same. **

Some years ago, I specialized in the study of Kobudo (Classical Weapons) under Sensei Dr. Hiroyuki Tesshin Hamada. I suppose it would be fun and healthy to pick that up again.

Ninjas are snappier dressers, but Pirates have more fun so I vote the latter. Then again I may be influenced by the fact that I roadied for a bit with a pirate themed fetish troupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuslux
    Ninjas are snappier dressers, but Pirates have more fun so I vote the latter. Then again I may be influenced by the fact that I roadied for a bit with a pirate themed fetish troupe.
    I think it is probably fair to say they are both snappy dressers, for the most part, but different. Sometimes you feel like a Pirate and sometimes you feel like a Ninja. Probably depends a little on the occasion.

+ Reply to Thread