+ Reply to Thread

Thread: people who shop in malls clearly a danger to society

and your little dog too

Default people who shop in malls clearly a danger to society

best buy pisses me off too but not as much as comp usa so i don't know what this jerk's problem is.

from yahoo

By MICHAEL HILL, Associated Press Writer

KINGSTON, N.Y. - A lone gunman opened fire with an assault rifle Sunday inside a crowded mall in upstate New York, seriously wounding one person before running out of ammunition and being subdued by employees, authorities said.

The gunman began shooting inside the Hudson Valley Mall shortly after 3 p.m. in Kingston, nearly 90 miles north of New York City.

The 24-year-old gunman went into a Best Buy store and started firing. When he ran out of ammunition, he was captured by mall employees, police said.

Police did not identify the suspect.

State police Capt. Wayne Olson said the shooter fired a "significant number of rounds." He disputed earlier reports that the weapon was an AK-47.

An Army recruiter was shot in the leg but was not the target of the attack, said Lt. Col. Paul Fanning, a National Guard spokesman. The recruiter was evacuated by helicopter to an Albany hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.

The 20-year-old recruiter might lose his leg, Olson said.

A second victim, a 56-year-old man, suffered minor gunshot wounds to his left arm, thigh and leg. Two other people had bullet holes in their pant legs.

"We consider it fortunate that more people were not struck," Olson said. "Sunday afternoon in a crowded mall, it really has all the potential in the world to be a disaster."

The mall was evacuated after the shooting, but an unknown number of workers remained inside after police surrounded the building.

"Everyone was running and screaming. Then I heard the shots," witness Heather Craig told Fox News. "People were running over people. Other people were just standing there dumbfounded."

Ali Afshar, owner of a mall kiosk, said he saw the gunman being tackled from behind by two men who worked at a sporting goods store. "They hit him and took him to the floor and held him there," Afshar said, adding that the shooter was dressed all in black.

The suspect, who was from the nearby Saugerties area, was expected to be arraigned Sunday night or Monday on charges of assault and reckless endangerment.

All mall entrances remained blocked off by police Sunday evening.

Michael Bovalino, chief executive officer of the mall's parent company, said crisis counselors would be available for mall employees Monday.

"Our main concern at this point is the well being of those that were injured," Bovalino said in a statement.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Re: people who shop in malls clearly a danger to society

I hate to say awesome, but Im going to anyway.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

.......... maybe he was tired of paying too much for cd's, Best Buy actually has decent prices on those, he should have done that at FYE.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Dunno about you but that pissess me off...the more incidents like this that take place the more I'm pissed off at the gunmen. It's hard to have sympathy for people who allow themselves to be pushed so far that they can justify acts like this...I'm not a big best buy customer but when I do go I usually see a lot of families in there...and I'm sorry but putting kids in danger like that is not fucking cool no matter what twisted reasoning you have for shooting up a place.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    I hate to say awesome, but Im going to anyway.

??????

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Dunno about you but that pissess me off...the more incidents like this that take place the more I'm pissed off at the gunmen. It's hard to have sympathy for people who allow themselves to be pushed so far that they can justify acts like this...I'm not a big best buy customer but when I do go I usually see a lot of families in there...and I'm sorry but putting kids in danger like that is not fucking cool no matter what twisted reasoning you have for shooting up a place.
    I agree man, it's kinda like that guy that stormed into a kindergarten class in Scotland and took out a bunch of 4-year-olds........... I hope there is a hell, and it's just for shitheads like those.

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

If you are going to shoot somebody, have some motive behind it...a statement...something

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

The gunman was a big fan of Columbine...

So it seems like more of an attempt at a copycat crime.

But stupid, regardless.

If you are going to end your life, and end up dead or in prison,
    you might as well do something more significant than shooting
    up a store.

+ Reply to Thread