+ Reply to Thread

Thread: who here is in a band?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default who here is in a band?

from what I've seen, it seems to be pretty much everyone. so If you are, go ahead and shout out.

oh yeah, but no blatant advertising. obvious marketting attempts shall be punishable by scalping.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Re: who here is in a band?

I'm in two.

A teenage murder (rock)
    and...
    The Goat Collective. (metal, yay I can scream!)

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

hehe i guess im part of the crowd...

im the keyboardist for Eternal Unborn... a local san diego band...i guess you could say we are a mix between industrial/goth/alternative

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    hehe i guess im part of the crowd...

im the keyboardist for Eternal Unborn... a local san diego band...i guess you could say we are a mix between industrial/goth/alternative
    :O THATS YOU!?! I really like your band!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    :O THATS YOU!?! I really like your band!!!
    im not on the website if u check it out! thats the old keyboardist, she quit a while ago, they need to update it and put me but we need to get some group photos

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Im lead singer in Jessie Evil;]

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm the lead singer, dancer, and drummer for a techno-polka-emo-barbershop-punk band I put together last year called

"The Ye Olde Young Ones of Fair Cherry Hills"

Granted we've yet to perform or really record more than are arguments as we decide what instruments to use...but I'm tellin ya when we finall get our act together...we're gonna be huge...

Well maybe not huge but a damn good moderate success.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

im the guitarist in a small upcoming take over the world kinda band called pigs on parade

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'm the lead singer, dancer, and drummer for a techno-polka-emo-barbershop-punk band I put together last year called

"The Ye Olde Young Ones of Fair Cherry Hills"

Granted we've yet to perform or really record more than are arguments as we decide what instruments to use...but I'm tellin ya when we finall get our act together...we're gonna be huge...

Well maybe not huge but a damn good moderate success.
    Too bad you dont play guitar, were looking for a guitarist to go on a paid tour with us;p

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Played bass and keyboard for a band called The Tragity Farmers, of course that was 1987. Ouch..that hurt to admit. lol

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Played bass and keyboard for a band called The Tragity Farmers, of course that was 1987. Ouch..that hurt to admit. lol
    Lol, my bass player (finace was born in '65) and has been playing bass for 27 years...figure out the math;]

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

right now im trying to get a band together i have a bass player now all we need is a drummer a keyboardist and mabe a second guitar player

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

does it count if we do our own thing???
    kinda like NIN or BILE?
    I just can't find people even close to anything like me- not that I think Im special or anything- but for some reason evry one in my area wants to be Slipknot, or LinkinPark(I can't stand them)- oh yeah, and since Mudvayne came from the next town over, them too. I like some of Slipknot and Mudvayne- I just have no interest in being a copy of someone else!!!
    I've been working on my own album for quite a while now I'll release under the moniker- Church of the New Spectrum- can't really describe what it'll be like- kinda a mix of rock,metal,industrial,world,goth-
    mainly Im a bassist- but since Im doing it solo I also play guitar, drums, and keys- I'll have to find others to lay down things like bassoon, cello, violin, sitar, etc..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Too bad you dont play guitar, were looking for a guitarist to go on a paid tour with us;p
    Wish I played the guitar too...the art thing does not get quite as many groupies.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Wish I played the guitar too...the art thing does not get quite as many groupies.

Well said, I'm in the same boat these days. Art rocks but much less groupie action

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I just sort of give my opinion on a jazz project called - Sax Fear and might try to push a heavy metal project. I don't know if I'll officially ever play in any of those, but if schedules work out, maybe. So...

I use to be in a band back home called Innervision I was lead guitar and vocals but some shit went down so now I just play for the hell of it..
    Shadow

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i'm not accually in a band, but i'm a big part of my brothers band, i'm there treasurer, events organizer, baby sitter, and i chaparone fan buses for outta town shows (dont know how i got that position)

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

I used to be in a one man band named ME but the bastard kicked me out..........oh well sucked anyway
    on a serious note I used to play bass and guitar (whichever was needed at the time) for the show/jazz/pep band when I was in college

we should have a concert together!!

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

i'm hells guitar...and looking to move to seattle this summer. i'm in guitarmeggedon and won the first round and will be back for the store finals on the 22nd. i'll email a sample to anyone who wants. everything i play is demonic in origin and fueled by fire.

oh yeah, and nice to see so many other musicians here!

I'm in one man band wright now

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Singer for Midsts of Misery; we do somewhere between Gore Metal and Funeral Doom, perobably a bit like Worphlegm.

damn, with all the musicians here, You should do a compilation album and sell through the site or somethin, to contribute to the BlueBlood sites somehow as a fundraiser for A and F to donate to a good cause, I sure would buy a copy of it

I do sing and I have been in a band (Slammin Otis) We did mostly covrer songs.... BUT it was cool....I was the singer...I loved it...We played about 3 or 4 different local clubs..It was fun while it lasted but we all went our different ways about 2 yrs ago....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Currently im working getting a gig as rythm guitarist for some roup based out of Georgia called Cuntworm they do industrial with black metal influences

I do Vox, Synths, Programming, SFX, guitars, bass, pianos for my projekt that has been going on since 1999. Its called Angels Take Form. Its a industrial experimental type sound. My old bands were pretty much metal which ya were fun playing live shows with mayhem and dimmu borgir way back 98', wasnt for me i guess..always been a industrial kinda guy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    damn, with all the musicians here, You should do a compilation album and sell through the site or somethin, to contribute to the BlueBlood sites somehow as a fundraiser for A and F to donate to a good cause, I sure would buy a copy of it
    I thought the same thing a while ago and started a thread to see who would be interested in doing some kind of comp- as well as a huge collaboration and there were very few responses-
    I was pretty suprised and disappointed.

Im not actively in a band- but I play bass- and just about everything else to some extent- and I have a studio I do my own shit in!!

hey nyar where are you located at in illinoise? maybe we can collab some time

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I'm one of those one man band technophiles, although my activity level has dwindled somewhat in recent years. I have released two albums of solo stuff, tho. I also did keys and programming in a death metal band called Adversary, and we released an album in 1996.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

funkatron, pretty sweet metal. It had a nice build up and I kept expecting it to get faster, and then it kept going into a sort of "false progression" which threw me off, and then was pleasant when it finally did pick up. death metal tends to be really monotone and tedious, which wasn't the case here. I liked the musicianship and the whole thing was entertainting throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    hey nyar where are you located at in illinoise? maybe we can collab some time
    Im down for anything!!
    Im in central illinois (bloomington)- Its about 2hrs South of Chicago-
    I will be up in ***-town the weekend of the 10th for that underground inc. seminar I posted a thread on- I know you said you were close, Im originally from Romeoville(yeah, not much better)- but Im only claimin' Chicago!!!!
    I think it got bumped because "the powers that be" may have considered it an advertisement. With all these musicians I just thought there'd be a lot of intrest in such a thing- oh well.-

DAMN- I thought this was a new thread- then I scrolled up and realized it was just an older thread revitalized!!!

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    funkatron, pretty sweet metal. It had a nice build up and I kept expecting it to get faster, and then it kept going into a sort of "false progression" which threw me off, and then was pleasant when it finally did pick up. death metal tends to be really monotone and tedious, which wasn't the case here. I liked the musicianship and the whole thing was entertainting throughout.
    Thanks man. Yeah, we did some decent stuff, although I look back at it and wish we could try it again, because I know *SO* much more about song structure and production now. Maybe someday... 8)

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

I'm in a little project that's been on and off for years called Torque. Industrial, Noise, Metal, Dance thinggy. I play guitar, bass, and help program. We played years ago with Evil Mothers. Before Torque, i played bass for Meatjack. Also was in MadCowDisease, Test Cell 23, and Butrape. I've played guitar for about 15-16 years.

+ Reply to Thread