+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: blueblood mentioned on ebay ad for "human adspace"

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: blueblood mentioned on ebay ad for "human adspace"

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    I agree on that one. Oh well. (rolling eyes) I spoke my piece.
    I may be a PhD in psychology...but I can't stand bullshit. Everyone has their own opinion..but I follow the rules "If you can't say anything nice...."
    Unless someone stabs me, I don't fuck with them.

Open season.
    hey ,im just courous(i spelled that really wrong), you talk of a phd in psych, how long's that take....

i honestly don't know,got me thinkin'......

haha,sorry to get off the already off topic.....

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Oh good lord...LONG TIME.
    It took 3 years undergrad....4 for MS...4 extra for Phd. I 've been in school for TOO LONG. It nearly drove ME MAD (lol)

No seriously. Depending on your state, it takes like 800 hrs to get licensed here. I'll send you the details for your state...you send me where you are (not sure if what you posted is accurate..lots of people fake where they are)

Sun

I didn't know that was you... :P
    now I wouldn't place "I love you OliX" on you

btw Phd... that's something big? isn't it? I realy don't know because my english is bad...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's a level of schooling...

4 years = Bachelor's degree...

4 more years = master's degree

Another 4 years = doctorate degree

So it's like 12 years in school to get a doctorate in something...
    Doctor of medicine, doctor of psychology, etc...
    You can actually do psychology stuff without all the school,
    but they require it if you are going to be perscribing medication...

so she's doctor in psychology.... wow
    I was always interested in psychology...

Maybe she can prescribe you some medication! hahaha!

you wish :P

...me too, unfortunately

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Looks like Kellie and Sun Karma were wholly capable of discussing this like the intelligent and beautiful individuals they are and that makes me very happy.

Muted Belief -- please play nice.

While certainly all Blue Bloods should get Blue Blood tattoos, I can't really think of many specific logos someone could get which would turn me off shooting them or posting shots I'd already done with them. (Was totally fun shooting last week, Sun Karma ) We did have one model once where we found out later on that the writing over her stuff was a racist Nazi slogan and Forrest retouched it out. Don't think it was even something the girl still believed in. Just a reminder of a misspent youth.

Tequila Zaire -- I heart hotdogs on a stick crisped over fire and those graham cracker thingies. Can we have both of those?

Well since I am new to these boards well I guess this is going to be my official introduction to the boards

I have read this topic and have come to the conclusion that there are some really cranky people on here. So to you all I say after all it isnt that serious.

I mean really people why knock her for something that me and you do every day but unfortunately most of us just dont realize it? You have people saying well putting it on your body is different than wearing a shirt well know it isnt you poor silly delusional people. It is the same exact thing except that we are being pimped by these big companies and paying them to allow us to do so.

And if you think that you wearing Nike shoes is not advertising Nike well you are silly for thinking so because I know that I have seen shoes on people that I liked and checked out the price and all on them the next time I was in a shoe store. Or like today I was in a clothing store with my mother and my sister and this lady in line starts talking to my sister about her purse and asks her what type of a purse it is and where she got it from well right there my sister advertised the company that made the purse. Whether she intentionally planned on it being that way or not it just so happened to end up that way. See there is no way of escaping being an advertisement for something, or somebody. I mean heck any time you mention to someone well I ate at such and such and man was the meal good right there you are advertising that restaurant. Face it I do it and you do it we all advertise for something or someone. Now Sun has realized hey I am beautiful, I get a lot of exposure to different types of people through my every day dealings in life so way not make some money with my looks by advertising a company on my body. If anything it makes a lot of sense to me and heck if I could get somebody to pay me thousands of dollars to advertise their company on my arm or something you best to freaking believe I would do it in a heart beat.

To those who are saying well this isnt about charity and if it were you would give more of it to charity well I completely disagree with you. Sun has and can get modeling work without having to mention for the words for charity. So she could go the rest of her life and never have to give anything to charity and could still get work. So dont knock her for only giving a portion of the money instead applaud her giving something to charity which is more than a lot of people in this world do. Really I think a lot of you all are just angry people for some reason and find joy in knocking others who are trying to do something good. Personally if I was one of those people who would benifit by the money that she is willing to give to charity I would be angry at you all for knocking her at all for trying to help me. I am one of those people who believes in the theory it is best to give a little than not at all. After all they say every cent counts and with charity that is very true any and every dime that someone is willing to give is both greatly needed and appreciated.

Well anyways my name is Chosen and I look forward to reading what you all have to say

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    I have read this topic and have come to the conclusion that there are some really cranky people on here.
    You may want to read OTHER threads before you make such a statement...cranky would assume we rip apart anything and anyone and this board has little history in doing so. You'll find even the most hard headed of us is quite supportive of members here and their various actions, projects, and ideas.

You have people saying well putting it on your body is different than wearing a shirt well know it isnt you poor silly delusional people. It is the same exact thing except that we are being pimped by these big companies and paying them to allow us to do so.
    It's not the same thing...in any form. What you're leaving out is the fact a shirt, shoes, pants, etc. can be easily taken off or go out of fashion and forgotten. Yes you are advertising for Nike when you wear their products (or that of any company) but when you actually go so far as to brand your own flesh with a logo...then you are making a much stronger statement of support. Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashion trends. Look at the people who got trendy Tribal tattoo's...not exactly something they can wash away. Unlike the sports jersey trend of a few seasons ago that can be easily left in a closet and never used again.

It wasn't the damnantion of advertising...if you look around you'll see this site and many members do quite a lot of it. It's actually quite appreciated. It's the idea of people turning themselves into a literal "Place your Ad here" rental space that's disturbing. With clothes you at least look cool or FEEL you look cool...but making your body look like a fucking Nascar body...well...it's a bit sad. Why it's sad is diffrent for each individual as you've read above.

To those who are saying well this isnt about charity and if it were you would give more of it to charity well I completely disagree with you.
    You could disagree all you want...but you may want to re-read why some said it's not about charity. Some were making points that went beyond the reasoning of it and critiquing the act itself...not the person or her reasons why.

Really I think a lot of you all are just angry people for some reason and find joy in knocking others who are trying to do something good.
    Again...you may want to read other threads. It's an incredibly innacurate statement to make about the members of this board. If that was the nature of this board...it would have no members and such attitudes would not be tolorated anyhow.

As far as the rest of your post goes...again...few where trashing her or her reasons or even what they would benefit. It's the act itself that came into question.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Sunkarma -i think this whole issue has gotten out of hand.
    Firstly , its your choice to do with your body what you will...BB model or not..it is only one month you will have an advertisement on your body. We all know gothic models do not get paid well...(if at all...free clothes isnt what id call inspirig)...sadly...our culture isnt a big market just yet...I say..if you can do something like this creatively...go for it...you have to make a living somehow..

its like that advertisement place that will put a whole covering on your car and pay you 400 a month to drive it around...i dont see a problem with it. One good thing about being in the gothic scene...many of us just dont give a rats ass who likes us or what ppl thing about us...i know i dont...

I think you are beautiful....and good luck in your careeer hun...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight

In some states, yes. Last I heard the APA was trying to get PhD'ers that have had 5 or more years of experience to be able to prescribe meds....just like psychiatrists. I can't prescribe anything yet...I don't have the years. But in the state of VA, they haven't approved that yet....so....I can't give Olix anything (but illegally I got a few things...LOL)(JUST JOKING)

Sun

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Hmmm...that would make for an interesting "advice" column or thread...having a Phd around in Psychology with all the nuts we have here would be perfect...heheh.

"Ask Sunkarma"...all it needs is a cool lil graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    You may want to read OTHER threads before you make such a statement...cranky would assume we rip apart anything and anyone and this board has little history in doing so. You'll find even the most hard headed of us is quite supportive of members here and their various actions, projects, and ideas.

It's not the same thing...in any form. What you're leaving out is the fact a shirt, shoes, pants, etc. can be easily taken off or go out of fashion and forgotten. Yes you are advertising for Nike when you wear their products (or that of any company) but when you actually go so far as to brand your own flesh with a logo...then you are making a much stronger statement of support. Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashion trends. Look at the people who got trendy Tribal tattoo's...not exactly something they can wash away. Unlike the sports jersey trend of a few seasons ago that can be easily left in a closet and never used again.

It wasn't the damnantion of advertising...if you look around you'll see this site and many members do quite a lot of it. It's actually quite appreciated. It's the idea of people turning themselves into a literal "Place your Ad here" rental space that's disturbing. With clothes you at least look cool or FEEL you look cool...but making your body look like a fucking Nascar body...well...it's a bit sad. Why it's sad is diffrent for each individual as you've read above.

You could disagree all you want...but you may want to re-read why some said it's not about charity. Some were making points that went beyond the reasoning of it and critiquing the act itself...not the person or her reasons why.

Again...you may want to read other threads. It's an incredibly innacurate statement to make about the members of this board. If that was the nature of this board...it would have no members and such attitudes would not be tolorated anyhow.

As far as the rest of your post goes...again...few where trashing her or her reasons or even what they would benefit. It's the act itself that came into question.

Oh well I am going to love this place because my post get responses real quick which I like and I like it even more when people try to argue with what I say.

One I am correct in everything I stated two if you are going go argue with me at least know what the heck you are talking about. She isnt putting a permanent tattoo on herself so right there you are misinformed. The tattoos of which she speaks can very easily be taken off of your body. They are much like the tattoos that you will sometimes see on like espn where a boxer will have a golden palace tattoo written on their back and believe me those are not forever. So she can take the tattoo of just like she would clothes and it wont be on her forever. So catch a clue on that one before you try to correct me.

No by saying that you are cranky does not suggest that you are always cranky at any given time. Anyone can be cranky from time to time as it is human nature just like even when someone is cranky they are still capable of being nice to one person and then just completely rip the head off of another person. So while you might not come across as cranky in one post you can in another because like I said it is a state that people go through from time to time. So catch a clue on that on that one as well before you try to correct me.

As for the whole thing about whether or not is charity well I am not even going to get in to that because well to be honest right now I think you would defend anything as long as it i what is the popular opinion on these boards.

But please feel free to argue some more with me because to be honest I love the responses that I sometimes get out of people.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

two if you are going go argue with me at least know what the heck you are talking about.
    Next time take the time to actually read a response...it had nothing to do with the permenance of the ink work...temp tatoo's have been around for quite a long time and many of us enjoyed them as a kid. The idea of making ones actual flesh a billboard is what some incuding myself saw as rather sad and less than pleasing. While I do feel we are heading into an age where I'll see "For legal advice call" numbers on peoples arms, heads, and back...it does not mean I have to like it and happily accept it. I'm not fond of having fashion dictate brand names as trends either and do feel the over abundence of advertising can get out of hand if not curbed. The idea of getting a company logo on your flesh is lame for some of us...it does not mean we'll take up arms to stop it. Just as we don't take up arms to stop someone wearing a Britney Spears shirt or Sean John outfit. Do as you wish but don't expect people NOT to have an opinion about it...especially on a public board.

So catch a clue on that on that one as well before you try to correct me.
    Given your explenation was an attempt to save face I have nothing to "catch a clue" on...you made a blind generalization and I corrected you without resorting to cheap or hidden insults. Coming onto a board and shooting shit like "Really I think a lot of you all are just angry people for some reason and find joy in knocking others who are trying to do something good." is what many of us loathe about so many boards...so again...take the time to learn about a place before you judge it so harshly.

As for the whole thing about whether or not is charity well I am not even going to get in to that because well to be honest right now I think you would defend anything as long as it i what is the popular opinion on these boards.
    As I said above...learn about a place first...cause if you think I'm here to uphold popular opinion, heh, you're sadly mistaken. To be honest I doubt their is even a popular opinion here given how wildly varied people are on subject to subject.

Not saying any of this to be a dick or unwelcoming...you're quite welcomed here and encouraged to present and bring your own ideas to the table...it's not a popularity race here...but I'm no big fan of people who make quick generalizations about a community based on one thread...it's just hard to take people like that seriously. Heated debate is always here in one form or another...flame wars...are not.

Again, Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay.

Actually, that would be hilarious. You gave me an idea...perhaps I can auction off my psychological services on EBAY for a year...

:"Useless", Ugly psychologist for hire... will prescribe drugs....:

JUST JOKING...but I couldn't resist that one...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Actually...THAT would be a good idea. Though I wouldn't post a picture...you'd be surprised how many would simply bid just so they can talk to a hot woman for a year.

Hmmm...another possibility right there.

Not a question about the permanence of the tattoos what the heck are you talking about do you read what you write? Here read this quote pulled from you

Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashion trends. Look at the people who got trendy Tribal tattoo's...not exactly something they can wash away. Unlike the sports jersey trend of a few seasons ago that can be easily left in a closet and never used again.

"Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashing trends" "not exactly something they can was away" You made several references to the permanence of tattoo's so who is trying to save face?

Really here is some advice smile because I am. The cranky part was just a joke but I can see that humor is evidentally lost here. It aint that serious.

Now I do think that you all are wrong in saying that getting a temp tattoo of a company is not the same as wearing clothes that in a way promote a company. You say well at least with clothes you have a chance to look cool well isnt that what the company wants? They want there stuff to look cool that is why they try to make commercials and such that make their product look cool so I mean really we are just getting pimped to sell their product. And as for getting a temp tattoo to promote a company being lame well how does the quote go if you dont have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all?

Ultimately believe me I am not trying to save because lets be honest why would I give two craps about the opinions anybody on here has about me? If I wanted I dont ever have to post on here again, I dont know these people personally and more than likely never will, see I dont really have anything to save face for so I say what I say just because well I want to say it. Nothing more nothing less I just felt like saying it. So if you want to talk about someone saving face well trust me I am not the one to make that reference to because believe me I have done things much worst than say something to someone on a message board. LOL

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Not a question about the permanence of the tattoos what the heck are you talking about do you read what you write? Here read this quote pulled from you

Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashion trends. Look at the people who got trendy Tribal tattoo's...not exactly something they can wash away. Unlike the sports jersey trend of a few seasons ago that can be easily left in a closet and never used again.

"Tattoo's are not as easily disposable or forgettable as fashing trends" "not exactly something they can was away" You made several references to the permanence of tattoo's so who is trying to save face?
    That's called an example...it's not the sole purpose of the reasoning why the idea was disliked. I brought it up only to illustrate that by and large tattoo's are not seen as something disposable...one usually looks upon them as a permenant addition to ones flesh. Yes in this case the ink would not be forever...but the idea you would sell your flesh as ad space is. Again...that's the focus...not my example.

Really here is some advice smile because I am. The cranky part was just a joke but I can see that humor is evidentally lost here. It aint that serious.
    Humor is alive and well here...you're free to smile all you wish about whatever you wish. If I came off as serious...well does it matter? It's not as though we're trying to be friends...all we need is be respectful. Nothing more.

You say well at least with clothes you have a chance to look cool well isnt that what the company wants? They want there stuff to look cool that is why they try to make commercials and such that make their product look cool so I mean really we are just getting pimped to sell their product.
    Ultimately though you have to decide wether you fall into it or it even apealls to you. If you're a sneaker fan you're far more inclined to buy the latest Air Jordan's for example. Me, I'm more into boots so the millions spent by Nike on those ads has zero effect on me. Their latest limited edition heavily graphic laser etched sneakers however...DO appeal to me for their artistic style. That I would be more inclined to buy...so their is a balance of what THEY want you to think is cool and what YOU think is cool based on your own interest. It's not a one sided deal...so if I think ads on a persons flesh is lame...no amount of reasoning or opinion will change that. It's simply unappealing and again...quite lame.

And as for getting a temp tattoo to promote a company being lame well how does the quote go if you dont have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all?
    It's a public forum...it's about expressing opinions be it nice...or not so nice. If you want to be in a plac where everything is simply nice and positive...try another place. Besides that reasoning is too accepting of the overly sensetive.

Ultimately believe me I am not trying to save because lets be honest why would I give two craps about the opinions anybody on here has about me? If I wanted I dont ever have to post on here again, I dont know these people personally and more than likely never will, see I dont really have anything to save face for so I say what I say just because well I want to say it. Nothing more nothing less I just felt like saying it. So if you want to talk about someone saving face well trust me I am not the one to make that reference to because believe me I have done things much worst than say something to someone on a message board. LOL
    Think your reading a bit too much into it...reason out of it if you like, none will debate you on it. You're more than correct in you view on the fact you don't know any here and maybe never will...you can post all you wish or none at all. It's your freedom to do so...you've nothing to lose in the matter. That's not really the point though.

If one is simply all words and dead air behind it...well...then what one says has no real value. Ultimately one is simply taking up space or in a more common action...just wishing to stir up drama for the sake of it and nothing more. That gets old fast...and it ultimately pretty useless.

What makes a debate and discussion interesting and worthwhile is how much of the person comes alive in it...be they right or wrong. In all truth it's they who are remembered, their personality, long after the actual debates and discussions fade away.

That's called an example...it's not the sole purpose of the reasoning why the idea was disliked. I brought it up only to illustrate that by and large tattoo's are not seen as something disposable...one usually looks upon them as a permenant addition to ones flesh. Yes in this case the ink would not be forever...but the idea you would sell your flesh as ad space is. Again...that's the focus...not my example.

Humor is alive and well here...you're free to smile all you wish about whatever you wish. If I came off as serious...well does it matter? It's not as though we're trying to be friends...all we need is be respectful. Nothing more.

Ultimately though you have to decide wether you fall into it or it even apealls to you. If you're a sneaker fan you're far more inclined to buy the latest Air Jordan's for example. Me, I'm more into boots so the millions spent by Nike on those ads has zero effect on me. Their latest limited edition heavily graphic laser etched sneakers however...DO appeal to me for their artistic style. That I would be more inclined to buy...so their is a balance of what THEY want you to think is cool and what YOU think is cool based on your own interest. It's not a one sided deal...so if I think ads on a persons flesh is lame...no amount of reasoning or opinion will change that. It's simply unappealing and again...quite lame.

It's a public forum...it's about expressing opinions be it nice...or not so nice. If you want to be in a plac where everything is simply nice and positive...try another place. Besides that reasoning is too accepting of the overly sensetive.

Think your reading a bit too much into it...reason out of it if you like, none will debate you on it. You're more than correct in you view on the fact you don't know any here and maybe never will...you can post all you wish or none at all. It's your freedom to do so...you've nothing to lose in the matter. That's not really the point though.

If one is simply all words and dead air behind it...well...then what one says has no real value. Ultimately one is simply taking up space or in a more common action...just wishing to stir up drama for the sake of it and nothing more. That gets old fast...and it ultimately pretty useless.

What makes a debate and discussion interesting and worthwhile is how much of the person comes alive in it...be they right or wrong. In all truth it's they who are remembered, their personality, long after the actual debates and discussions fade away.
    Its not called reasoning out of anything it is called telling the truth. I said it because I wanted to and since I sait it well I would be the one who knows why I said it. Also when making an arguement your arguement takes form around the examples that you use. So if you are going to argue on point it is best to use an example that clearly states that point.

See you might not be a sneaker fan but being that you are a boot fan you are still getting pimped just your pimp goes by a different name than NIKE. So no matter how you argue it you are and will always find yourself being pimped by a larger company and that is just how life goes.

Now as for your arguement of it putting ink on your body to advertise a company being lame well it is far from lame. Its an effective way of marketing and produces a positive result for all ends involved. Sun gets money to do it, the charity gets a percentage of the money she raises, and the company she promotes will get more exposure to people that might not have otherwise known about the product. So if anything it is a smart thing to do on any end that you look it. Now what is LAME is the arguement you use to why it should be considered LAME. You really have no arguement other than it is lame and you are not clearly expressing any solid reasoning as to why it is lame where as there are plenty of points to be argued about the good side of it. And what I really think is lame is that people are actually sitting here trying to critique the way she is raising money for herself and a charity. I mean for goodness sakes its not like she is auctioning of the chance to sleep with her for charity or some crap like that. She is doing a positive thing in a way that is of no harm to herself or anyone else and whoever would sit there any say anything bad about that is in my opinion LAME. Wow to be honest I have not even used the word lame in years until I came to these boards. I thought the word lame which is being used in its slang form on these boards was no longer being used.

As for the last part of your post well I can only use my kiddy gloves on these boards because well if I argued for real well so many people would dislike me that I probably would be banned from these boards forever. Because to be honest if you want me to be real so far I have yet to see any evidence that anyone here is even on a level high enough to where I would have to fully have to argue a point. See since I am a boxing fan I will put it like this so far it seems like I am arguing against a bunch of bantamweights and I am the heavyweight champion of the world. If I went for real I would destroy anyone on the boards.

I do want to thank you though because if you knew me at all you would know how much I am enjoying this. And as for your statement about not trying to be friends well on that you are right and on the thing of respect well I respect everyone on these boards as of now and if I didnt respect anyone well believe me it would be easy to tell. Right now I am just having fun thats all

Hula Hoop Supervisor

See you might not be a sneaker fan but being that you are a boot fan you are still getting pimped just your pimp goes by a different name than NIKE. So no matter how you argue it you are and will always find yourself being pimped by a larger company and that is just how life goes.
    That's not accurate at all...you're not being "pimped" if you enjoy the product you buy. If I was forced to buy a certain style of shoes through intimidation and beatings...then I'd be getting pimped. Plus I can always choose not to wear anything at all or make my own footwear. I may as well given how heavily I've modified what I wear in the past anyhow.

Now as for your arguement of it putting ink on your body to advertise a company being lame well it is far from lame. Its an effective way of marketing and produces a positive result for all ends involved. Sun gets money to do it, the charity gets a percentage of the money she raises, and the company she promotes will get more exposure to people that might not have otherwise known about the product. So if anything it is a smart thing to do on any end that you look it.
    Good points...still lame though. It's just personal taste. It can be a charity to feed starving aids infected kids in africa or to send lil dying billy to Disneyland...still lame. Like I stated before...no amount of reasoning or opinion will change it. You can love and support it all you desire...rationalize it into oblivion...still comes off looking lame in my eyes. Kinda like The Great Gatsby...many love it and praise it as a classic...personally...I think it sucks. It's a subjective and unimaginative "review" I know but it's like a gut instinct...some things just rub ya the wrong way.

Now what is LAME is the arguement you use to why it should be considered LAME. You really have no arguement other than it is lame and you are not clearly expressing any solid reasoning as to why it is lame where as there are plenty of points to be argued about the good side of it
    This isn't a debate club or a college classroom...one does not have to be reasonable, valid, right, or sane. You can be subjective and vague or detailed and reasonable. We're not being graded and judged for performance. You can consider my reason lame...just as I can considers yours equally lame even if you write a book defending it. The idea of it simply has no appeal to me no matter the positive possibilities of it...I wouldn't outlaw it or tell a person not to do it. I simply don't support it...or like it. It may sound too simplistic and unreasonable...but it's how I feel about it.

And what I really think is lame is that people are actually sitting here trying to critique the way she is raising money for herself and a charity. I mean for goodness sakes its not like she is auctioning of the chance to sleep with her for charity or some crap like that. She is doing a positive thing in a way that is of no harm to herself or anyone else and whoever would sit there any say anything bad about that is in my opinion LAME. Wow to be honest I have not even used the word lame in years until I came to these boards. I thought the word lame which is being used in its slang form on these boards was no longer being used.
    Wow...may want to take a step back there and relax a bit. People talk about all sorts of shit...that's pretty healthy actually. If you look at all the talk...none were daming her for it or have the power to effect it and what it's trying to accomplish. You're making it sound like she's being put up for massive public riticule and outrage...it may kinda shock you...but outside of only one person being a total asshole...we all rather like her. If you read carefully you'll even see those that don't like the idea...STILL support her. So you can rant on about the word lame all you want and how lame it is to critique the idea...but that's all one is really trashing...the IDEA...not the person. Ideas are always up in front of a firing squad. Even rational ones.

As for the last part of your post well I can only use my kiddy gloves on these boards because well if I argued for real well so many people would dislike me that I probably would be banned from these boards forever. Because to be honest if you want me to be real so far I have yet to see any evidence that anyone here is even on a level high enough to where I would have to fully have to argue a point. See since I am a boxing fan I will put it like this so far it seems like I am arguing against a bunch of bantamweights and I am the heavyweight champion of the world. If I went for real I would destroy anyone on the boards.
    Wow...chill out man it's not a friggin warzone or debating society. It's a pretty casual crowd...we're not here to beat each other black and blue about things. That said nearly all are pretty thick skinned and when needed can match any pound for pound...but the thing is..this isn't a battlefield for that. To keep with your boxing analogy...it'd be like trying to pick a fight outside the ring. Sure you could beat up anyone in the crowd...but the security guard would just tazer you and call it a day. Plus it's always bad form to underestimate your opponants...or in this case...a lot of damn fine people. Think of it like a local pub...sure a spirited talk erupts every once and a while and a punch or two is thrown from time to time...but ultimately one is just looking to have a fun time with their mates.

I do want to thank you though because if you knew me at all you would know how much I am enjoying this. And as for your statement about not trying to be friends well on that you are right and on the thing of respect well I respect everyone on these boards as of now and if I didnt respect anyone well believe me it would be easy to tell. Right now I am just having fun thats all
    That's really the whole point. I have a liking for long heavily worded talks but I keep things a bit sketchy since trying to "win" a debate online is unrewarding...I like the ideas that pop up more than anything. That has uses...cause in my line of work it's simply too much of a bore to be right about anything.

That's not accurate at all...you're not being "pimped" if you enjoy the product you buy. If I was forced to buy a certain style of shoes through intimidation and beatings...then I'd be getting pimped. Plus I can always choose not to wear anything at all or make my own footwear. I may as well given how heavily I've modified what I wear in the past anyhow.

Good points...still lame though. It's just personal taste. It can be a charity to feed starving aids infected kids in africa or to send lil dying billy to Disneyland...still lame. Like I stated before...no amount of reasoning or opinion will change it. You can love and support it all you desire...rationalize it into oblivion...still comes off looking lame in my eyes. Kinda like The Great Gatsby...many love it and praise it as a classic...personally...I think it sucks. It's a subjective and unimaginative "review" I know but it's like a gut instinct...some things just rub ya the wrong way.

This isn't a debate club or a college classroom...one does not have to be reasonable, valid, right, or sane. You can be subjective and vague or detailed and reasonable. We're not being graded and judged for performance. You can consider my reason lame...just as I can considers yours equally lame even if you write a book defending it. The idea of it simply has no appeal to me no matter the positive possibilities of it...I wouldn't outlaw it or tell a person not to do it. I simply don't support it...or like it. It may sound too simplistic and unreasonable...but it's how I feel about it.

Wow...may want to take a step back there and relax a bit. People talk about all sorts of shit...that's pretty healthy actually. If you look at all the talk...none were daming her for it or have the power to effect it and what it's trying to accomplish. You're making it sound like she's being put up for massive public riticule and outrage...it may kinda shock you...but outside of only one person being a total asshole...we all rather like her. If you read carefully you'll even see those that don't like the idea...STILL support her. So you can rant on about the word lame all you want and how lame it is to critique the idea...but that's all one is really trashing...the IDEA...not the person. Ideas are always up in front of a firing squad. Even rational ones.

Wow...chill out man it's not a friggin warzone or debating society. It's a pretty casual crowd...we're not here to beat each other black and blue about things. That said nearly all are pretty thick skinned and when needed can match any pound for pound...but the thing is..this isn't a battlefield for that. To keep with your boxing analogy...it'd be like trying to pick a fight outside the ring. Sure you could beat up anyone in the crowd...but the security guard would just tazer you and call it a day. Plus it's always bad form to underestimate your opponants...or in this case...a lot of damn fine people. Think of it like a local pub...sure a spirited talk erupts every once and a while and a punch or two is thrown from time to time...but ultimately one is just looking to have a fun time with their mates.

That's really the whole point. I have a liking for long heavily worded talks but I keep things a bit sketchy since trying to "win" a debate online is unrewarding...I like the ideas that pop up more than anything. That has uses...cause in my line of work it's simply too much of a bore to be right about anything.

Well I am going to be honest with you for a second because well I am an honest guy. I am really keeping this thing going just because it is helping me to pass the boring time between waking up and when I actually have to be some place. See you are the only person posting at this point so going back and forth with you is keeping me entertained. I mean do completely agree with what Sun is doing and I applaud her for it. Right now in what I am trying to do I am in the self promotion stage as I call it and if doing what she is doing would help me to reach my goal well I would probably do it as well.

See while you mention that even though people are not big on the idea they do support Sun well I just think it isnt being done in a constructive way. I mean saying good luck and well I hope that it goes well is all fine and good. But with the comments of man that is such a lame idea and things a long those lines it kind of cancels out any real support being shown. So I guess I am saying it comes across as false support. I mean its like say you have a kid and he comes to you with an idea of hey I am going to be such and such when I get older and you say wow yea you can do that and all and then turn around say that is a dumb idea or that is so lame why would he want to do that and things of that nature how much support are you really showing for that persons idea?

Maybe I am not making any sense but thats because again the people on these boards dont know me so sometimes it might be hard to understand where I am coming from. I just think that when someone who you call yourself respecting or having some sort of like for is doing something you shouldnt make fun of the idea itself or concept of the idea. I dont know it just doesnt seem like the way to really show REAL support but again most people will probably disagree with me. So basically my beef so to speak is just the way this certain situation is being handled on the boards. I mean to be honest I wouldnt really want to be fully part of a group or something like that and have to see things said about an idea that I had like the stuff that was being said here. But thats probably just because of where and how I came up.

Again though let it be known that this is not anything personal and once I get off this comp well nothing being said is going to even be thought of during my day.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I am really keeping this thing going just because it is helping me to pass the boring time between waking up and when I actually have to be some place.
    Similar for me...I kill and enjoy my time here between renders and waiting for ink to dry. Though at the moment, waiting for the sleeping pills to kick in.

But with the comments of man that is such a lame idea and things a long those lines it kind of cancels out any real support being shown.
    Look at it how you would a friends band who's music is bloody awful...you may not dig his music and if you're a good friend you'll be honest bout your opinion on it. You still hope they find people who appreciate it and see a beauty or greatness in it you don't. It's not false support...it's honest support but not unconditional and without some critique. Just the nature of that familiar kind of honesty.

Again though let it be known that this is not anything personal and once I get off this comp well nothing being said is going to even be thought of during my day.
    That's usually the nature of it...doubt anyone would take this personal...let alone be bothered by it. That said, have a nice day though. Hope it goes well.

Similar for me...I kill and enjoy my time here between renders and waiting for ink to dry. Though at the moment, waiting for the sleeping pills to kick in.

Look at it how you would a friends band who's music is bloody awful...you may not dig his music and if you're a good friend you'll be honest bout your opinion on it. You still hope they find people who appreciate it and see a beauty or greatness in it you don't. It's not false support...it's honest support but not unconditional and without some critique. Just the nature of that familiar kind of honesty.

That's usually the nature of it...doubt anyone would take this personal...let alone be bothered by it. That said, have a nice day though. Hope it goes well.

As for the example of a friends band well I find that to be a little different but since you went with that example I will run with that one. Personally I wouldnt say hey I think that the idea of you trying to be a musician is lame or anything like that. If anything when somebody comes to for my opinion I give them some examples of how they can improve. So no I wouldnt ever completely put down an idea if I feel that results from it will be a positive one. Now I have come down on ideas that my friends have come to me with but that is because they are ideas that are potentially damaging to that person as far as health goes or it could get them in to a lot of trouble. But to me if an idea is a positive one and will bring about positive results well no I wouldnt call it lame.

As for having a good day well at this current time it has been one so far and hopefully nothing will change to throw that off.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

kellie is beautiful

threads like this is why i stay in the erotica forum. xP

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    kellie is beautiful

threads like this is why i stay in the erotica forum. xP
    I was just waiting for the end to exclaim
    "wow, look what happened to my post!!!"

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    I was just waiting for the end to exclaim
    "wow, look what happened to my post!!!"
    Hehe Indeed...sorta went off into a wildly odd tangent...sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight

It took 5 years to get a BS in behavioral neuroscience, throw a year of nursing school in there for me too. I was thinking about going through the physical therapist program here. They make bank.

I know it only takes 6-8 years to be a physicians assistant, and they can prescribe meds. The same goes for a nurse practitioner.
    If your going to prescribe medication otherwise, you have to go to med school.

Why don't you go for it, Kellie? I'm too old to do it...but you, hell, become a doc.
    I can prescribe in 4 more years...no need to do the med school thing.

I can wait. Besides...I know more about psychotropics than the normal psychiarist....(lol)

Sun

I was just giving the simple version for Olix, our foreign visitor to the site...

Why don't you go for it, Kellie? I'm too old to do it...but you, hell, become a doc.

I can wait. Besides...I know more about psychotropics than the normal psychiarist....(lol)

Sun
    Im so unmotivated, and comfortable. I doubt Ill ever go back to school. I hate school.
    I would like to make some extra money, and my husband does want us to move to LA in the next couple of years though. Having an RN behind my name really would ensure living comfortably in LA...

Sun
    Wait a minute, too old?
    Im guessing that wasnt your real age on the ebay thing then?

Nah, I'm that age. I just FEEL like I am 50. I don't want to go back to school at my age and be stuck in school for ANOTHER 6 years.

At some point, you just get sick of school. I'm at that point....I should've taken a break between undergrad and grad...maybe I would feel different. But I wanted to get it all out of the way. Now I'm burned out.

Exiled

I can only use my kiddy gloves on these boards because well if I argued for real well so many people would dislike me that I probably would be banned from these boards forever.

See since I am a boxing fan I will put it like this so far it seems like I am arguing against a bunch of bantamweights and I am the heavyweight champion of the world. If I went for real I would destroy anyone on the boards.
    do you realise how "lame" you sound? Believe me, as far as TZ goes you are the mouse playing in the lions den. Its him that’s being gentle with you. I've seen this man eat people alive for breakfast on these boards in a very pointed and articulate way.

Take it easy, there are plenty of good "debaters" on these boards, the hallmark of a good debater is one that doesn't end up looking like an asshole afterwards...live and learn

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I havent read this whole thread, but thanks, its highly amusing so far!

Ill have internet connection next week *peeing pants*.

YAY, just thought Id say HI!!!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I havent read this whole thread, but thanks, its highly amusing so far!

Ill have internet connection next week *peeing pants*.

YAY, just thought Id say HI!!!
    Welcome back stranger! Good to hear you'll have your connection back...you have been missed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Pin
    do you realise how "lame" you sound? Believe me, as far as TZ goes you are the mouse playing in the lions den. Its him that’s being gentle with you. I've seen this man eat people alive for breakfast on these boards in a very pointed and articulate way.

Take it easy, there are plenty of good "debaters" on these boards, the hallmark of a good debater is one that doesn't end up looking like an asshole afterwards...live and learn

LOL you are very funny!!! First of all before you go bringing stuff back up and really make me go off maybe you should understand one thing. I WAS JUST FUCKING AROUND!!!! Second of all what TZ has done in the past on these boards matters to me not at all. See I am Chosen so what happened to you or any other as you put it "lame" person on these boards is an entirely different thing than dealing with me. See I am a whole different breed of creature than what you all are use to dealing with on these here boards. So really you need to get to get off TZ balls or whatever it is he or she has (havent checked the profile so I dont know if he is a he or if she is a she). It was something that ended it wasnt serious I think TZ realizes I was messing around because I was bored that day. So stop starting up stuff that isnt there.

So really lets just play nice like I have been doing. So just keep swimming in the shallow end of the pool because if you keep coming out in to my end to pick with me well you just might drown. Not a sermon just a thought

Exiled

So really lets just play nice like I have been doing. So just keep swimming in the shallow end of the pool because if you keep coming out in to my end to pick with me well you just might drown. Not a sermon just a thought
    what age are you?

the most amusing thing about people who swim in the shallow end is that they generally think they are swimming in the deep end.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite!

If it pleases you, pick a topic, preferably something contraversial and that you strongly believe in; a debate with two sides. Start a new thread and try defend your opinion. I'll come join you and we'll see how tough you really are under fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Pin
    what age are you?

the most amusing thing about people who swim in the shallow end is that they generally think they are swimming in the deep end.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite!

If it pleases you, pick a topic, preferably something contraversial and that you strongly believe in; a debate with two sides. Start a new thread and try defend your opinion. I'll come join you and we'll see how tough you really are under fire....
    How old am I? Hmmmmmm well I am as old or as young as I want to be. Not sure of why my age has any importance in this conversation.

As for being a little dog well there has never been a day in my life that I have been little. Even when I was younger it was as if I was the big dog walking amongst puppies. As for my bite well I choose to bite on my own time not under command. I guess you can say since we are using the comparison of dogs that I would be a dog in the wild. Dont really answer to anyone and only do what I want and to be honest I have yet to come across a person yet who can break me of that.

So as for your debate well sounds like an interesting idea but there are several problems with that. One I really dont like to force argue unless it is to accomplish something and on the net well it is just for fun and really has no purpose. So to be honest I would only really debate or argue something on the net if it came up naturally but for me just to throw out a thought with the purpose of it to be argued seems weird to me. Now if you want to make random topics yourself and one catches my eye where you are not in agreement with what I think well I will let me opinion be known at that time. As for controverial what things did you have in mind anyways that would fit that category?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think I need some Advil... Nurse!

+ Reply to Thread