+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: need a little help here tat fans

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default need a little help here tat fans

okay,everyone shoul know I draw tattoo flash-I talk about it a good amount. here's my thing. I came up with this idea of doing flash of lucky charms (lol) and so far I've gotten the following down:
    a nautical star floating in green smoke.
    a black heart in flames with a black widow symbol in the center and an irish three leaf clover colord in the countries flag colors with black clovers and gold coins in theback ground (I didnt wann do four cuz most irish pride stuff has three leafs-im part irish.lol)
    now im roking on a horseshoe that's gonna hav a banner going through it saying "let no evil pass" but I cannot remember which way the fucker is supposed to hang to do right...think it's supposed to be in a u shape but not sure. going back to the shoesmith of ireland legend..anyone know which way it's to hang?

Default Re: need a little help here tat fans

the sooner the better cuz I'm planning on going on to the diamond one next...eys, it's the old lucky charms cereal bits-lol no balloons or rainbows or moons though. lol

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i'm not sure which way is right, but i've seen it done both ways..... if you haven't already check out ******* online, you can do a search there or just browse all the pics and flash they have to see which way's right.

funny, i'm watching a show about tats as i write this.... makes me want to hurry up and get my birds colored in...

classic old school robins? Im a sucker for the old school shit. gonna be getting one of a vampire old school style (chick ofcourse) with abanner that says bite me and a zombi old school chick that says eat me. lol

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

mine are old school sparrows on my chest right above the boobage. one has horns and a tail, and the other has a halo. the outlining's all done, just need to be colored in when i can save up enough cash. i also have nautical stars on my lower stomach... ahh, tats are so addicting. lol

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

most of my stuff is increadibly "abstract".......

i think it hang to the left?........

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

ugh i need tat help. the tribals all over my right leg are not flowing. i need someone who does good tribal work to really spend some time on it.

Ok Malcolm, if You like to design a tatt thats not done yet, here is one for You to try for Me. I want to get across My back(shoulders) a celtic designed bat. wings spread, but not a batman styled one, tho something close. see what Ya can do on this.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    okay,everyone shoul know I draw tattoo flash-I talk about it a good amount. here's my thing. I came up with this idea of doing flash of lucky charms (lol) and so far I've gotten the following down:
    a nautical star floating in green smoke.
    a black heart in flames with a black widow symbol in the center and an irish three leaf clover colord in the countries flag colors with black clovers and gold coins in theback ground (I didnt wann do four cuz most irish pride stuff has three leafs-im part irish.lol)
    now im roking on a horseshoe that's gonna hav a banner going through it saying "let no evil pass" but I cannot remember which way the fucker is supposed to hang to do right...think it's supposed to be in a u shape but not sure. going back to the shoesmith of ireland legend..anyone know which way it's to hang?

It is suppost to hang in a U. why ? you ask, Well it is so the luck dosent run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    Ok Malcolm, if You like to design a tatt thats not done yet, here is one for You to try for Me. I want to get across My back(shoulders) a celtic designed bat. wings spread, but not a batman styled one, tho something close. see what Ya can do on this.
    Im not drawing or responding to anything (cept this) till I find out why I was banned.

Im not drawing or responding to anything (cept this) till I find out why I was banned.
    okay,now that all thats cleared up-and I feel like a totla loud mouth ass -lol batwork.....ummmm...yeh. I love drawing bats actually. I used to have aton of tribal bat designs laying aorund here that are fucking pimp-have to redo em though-currently working on a few pages of flash for some local shops-see if they'll take me. im gonna post some images of what ive done so far once I get my check cashed and get down to kinkos and get it on disk. (my scanner sux)

but yeh, bats are no big deal to me. got an addy you want it sent to? look up my email and email me with the details.

my tribals though tend to look like shattered glass....vitorro-I have started working in celtic. it's a pain in the butt-lot of over lapping lines and you have to know which line overlaps where and doesnt where. will see what I can do-again.
    do you want the wings flapped on a down flap-midflap(like btmans)or upflap?

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

heres my lucky charm

PIMP! hey, vitoro. I havea notion i already know the answer to this but in most celtic knot works when it depicts a person or animal, usually the hands,feet and head or tail are added into the endings of the knots.....do you want your bat just the shape of the bat or do you want the head,claws and tail added in?
    and devil13, your link came to a blank.

next thing is the diamond....(i've already sketched out the shoe-it's gonna be pimp.) diamonds and girls are a bit played out...thanx to marilyn monroe
    (r.i.p norma jean) any suggestions on what to do with the diamond? I;m leaning towards maybe a jelly cyber diamond...I like to draw jelly topped cyber roses....(theyre very pimp with barb wire twirled around the base for the thorns.....) any ideas?

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

devil13, your link came to a blank.
    probably because its yahoo

ugh! yahell sucks! I wanted to download holla back girl by gwen steffani-Mainly for he rin the ass pants....and the songs kinda cute
    (did I just say that? must be the bitch gene in me)
    wouldnt let me-----dicks.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

what the fuck are you talking about? dude, I didn't understand one word you said. you want to do designs on the computer using flash animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what the fuck are you talking about? dude, I didn't understand one word you said. you want to do designs on the computer using flash animation?
    mg. let me explain what I said. I draw TATTOO FLASH tattoo flash is the art work you see on the walls of tattoo shops.

It's normally done by hand using pencils and inks or colored pencils
    (I do the color pencil method)
    sometimes it's painted onto canvas panels.

Tattoo Flash was named tattoo flash way before the technological age of computers. it's called flash art cuz it can be drawn "In a flash."

I am working on bringing ymartwork into new medias and off the papers and panels they are on now by getting the work duplciated and put onto shit like tee shirts, mugs, mousepads,posters...shit loike that. for that I am working with a good friend on putting together a domain website.

I dont know where you got the whole drawing flash on computers or whatever the fuck you just said. if you'd rwad more carefully what I said, you'd have probably caught on. no, tattoo flash is not flash like on a computer. and it's sad that flash by computer is all people recognize that term for anymore. ten years ago, i'd of said im a flash artist, people woul have got it. now they think I make websites. ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by the_darkness_calls
    mine are old school sparrows on my chest right above the boobage. one has horns and a tail, and the other has a halo. the outlining's all done, just need to be colored in when i can save up enough cash. i also have nautical stars on my lower stomach... ahh, tats are so addicting. lol
    I agree. they are addictive. I'm pacing myself thouhg-I'm going to finish my piercings first before getting more ink.
    (two more labrettes-two nips and regauge my ears)
    Then I am going to find a good pic of christopher lee form the old hammer film dracula movies and gett hat done then maybe linnea quigly form return opf the living dead...or the original zombie form night...dunno yet. the rest is gonna pretty much be old schools tyle shit. lot of zombis and demons and vampires though....some personal totem pieces to describe my pains and pleasures...and a back piece OF wings that morph into dragons at the top because alot of
    "in tune" people who see me always say they see me spiritually as having bat wings or dragon wings or demon wings...etc.

sorry about the misunderstanding, it still doesn't make sense to me. "flash" is the actual name of the program used to create and play animations on the computer. I guess I'm not really down with the lingo of the tatoo industry.. normally when creating art people refer to the medium that they use, if you are using a flash program to make animations, then it's a flash animation, if you are using watercolors to make a painting, it's a water color, if you use colored pencils to make a drawing then it's a pencil drawning...

what I'm trying to say is that if you just said that you were going to be doing drawings, then I'd understand what you were talking about. I'm still pretty confused as to whether you're going to be doing drawings, or whether you're going to be doing tatoos?

sall good MG. I know what you mean. my old friend does alot of shit with flash. she designs websties for a living...well that and model. (shes hot) so I can relate. but she also draws tat flash so she knows the lingo. I had to elarn it mysel. I started drawing late in the game as far as tat flash (20) I've been drawing my whole life but tat flash requires different philosophy than just doodling. you gotta have a decent idea on what you want drawn in your head and go form there.

no. I don't sling ink.

Im just a flash artist.

Tryed for a while to get an apprentaceship but all the shops just wanted me to do was draw em shit for free....(I charge twenty bucks a page which is cheaper than most flash artists charge for their work.)

my stuf fis pretty good. is gotten better than it used to be. i actually had a piece published in tattoo flash magazine last year....maybe two....I dont have the other issue. the one I do have is from september 2004. it's a piece of a samurai in basic clothes (no armor-rice hat) with an american flag war banner sticking out of his back fighting fist to fist with a dragon coiled around him.

the other piece I did was a cartoony lilly munster holding up two six shooters and circle din flames...I can't remember If I sent the curator the bannered one though but If I did it shoul have a banner across it that reads "lil miss scare all"

hope that clears it up. lol

ok. so you draw like real pictures on paper, not on computer... and the purpose of these drawings is to be used as the basis for tatoos? is that right?

correct. I do also make images on my computer BUT I do not use flash programs for that. I use a mix of paint shop pro version eight and animation shop version three.......a good example of that is my avavtar and some of the stuff I've put in the my paintings thread.

Malcom, I got to your site, the B13r, one, and gave the email there for Ya to link to Me. and I do like the flash art of the vamp girl with the wing spread, may have to borrow that from Ya

BTW , if You have time, try one of each and Ill decide from there, havent seen any of either kind, with or without the feet, head ect ect to really know just what I want to find

there is this stuff Ive seen , called almost skin, that a lot of tatt artist use to make a "real" tattoo for shows and walls, so people can see what they do, but without having to use real flesh, almost like a pigskin. really good thing to have to pratice on

yeah they use that a lot in farensic work to recreate crime scenes and stuff like that...
    I'm not so sure how I like the idea of flayed human skin streched out on the walls, even if it's fake.

Malcom, I got to your site, the B13r, one, and gave the email there for Ya to link to Me. and I do like the flash art of the vamp girl with the wing spread, may have to borrow that from Ya
    as long as you dont hot link it-im fine with that-theyre adoptables and theyre not don with flash. it's don with aniamtion shop to clarify.

there is this stuff Ive seen , called almost skin, that a lot of tatt artist use to make a "real" tattoo for shows and walls, so people can see what they do, but without having to use real flesh, almost like a pigskin. really good thing to have to pratice on
    some places still use pigs ears though to practice on or they just get "guinnea pigs"....maybe I can teach myself at home if I buy a shader and liner machine...anyone wanna be MY guinnea pig? lol

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

since your a tatoo artist could you do me a favor i have been looking for someone that can designe my tatoo for me i tried but it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to e-mail me "gothrock816@yahoo" thanx and i can pay you if you would like

yo rose, I sent you a messenger response. I dont actually sling the ink-I just do the flash for the inkslingers. if youd like me to pimp you out a design totake to your local ink and perferation specialty store (fancy name for tat and piercing shop) let me know. my yahell messenger is blackdozenroses

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Have you checked tattoodles to give you some ideas? There is a list of places you can buy the fake 'skin' and all that jazz, too.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

it hangs as an upside down u as a symbol of good luck and purification...if thats what you meant

Im a draw it bothways eventually then. next page im working on is gonna be chicks. and yeh. I found a place thatll scan my shit to disk so I'll be posting it up soon. again-myscanner sux. lol and no karma, I havent checked that site.i will but woul prefer my guinnea pigs to squiggle and squirm and scream things like "OOPSSS!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN OOPS?!?!?" and "OW! that hit my bone! are you sure you know what you're doing?" lol-souinds like fun.

thats what i need i have a concept for my tat i just cant bring it to life i need some help!! i didn't get your message

sall good rose, my yahell is blackdozenroses if you wanna reach me on messenger. I got an email form somne......was that you?

okay....I debated wether to show this to yall cuz the scan I did of it is really shitty. see tattoo flash keeps the originals of the submitted flash they get. dont ask me hwy...anyways, here is a very very very bad scan of the first piece of flash I ever got published. yay! it looks much better in the magazine cuz they have a good scanner. lol

that was drawn wayyyy back in 2000. when I wa sin the navy. it's actually a redraw from the sketch cuz I used to take my flashbook with me to the bar I gun at and did the lights ofr the dj at. It was pimp. I had a polaroid of a tribal limp bizkit tree I drew for some guy who got it inked along with several sketches and notbook paper to sketch on the go......I also had some finished pieces in it but cant redo any of them now cuz some duchenozzle stole the fucker one night and that sketch I had luckily in my barracks. IM more careful with my flash book nowadays though-I leave it at home or in my tuckerbag when im on the about. Im also planning on scanning my shit onto disk now so that I have a copy of it to apply to different things like mugs and tees and calenders and shit. even my website.
    (not the forum I run now but the one IM working out with my friend.)

anyways. really old flash-I can draw it so fucking better now. lol

i don't think it was me is your e-mail the same as your messanger?

+ Reply to Thread