+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Childs' Play - morbid pictures inside

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Default Childs' Play - morbid pictures inside

I've had the idea for the picture while watching a home improvement show some weeks ago. They were embellishing some kid's room, and when they were done, they attached some strings to the ceiling with toys on the other end. The strings had to have a certain length, or else the kid could accidently strangulate himself and in the same night I drew the first sketches. In the end, I had two suicidal kids, one hanging from a rope, one with a pistol wound in his head.
    Final sketch:

After that, I started a 3D sketch in Maya, to help me getting the perspective, lighting, shadows, etc right.
    That's here:

Later tonight, I'll start the painting, but right now I have to get drunk, because I'm pissed that I needed like 30 minutes to find my Wacom which was, in fact, an arm length next to my computer.
    Anyway, I'll post updates later.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Childs' Play - morbid pictures inside

man... i wish i could draw like that. then maybe i could get this pic outta my head. hey.. if i gave you like a really vivid detailed description of this really nasty pic in my head do you think you could draw it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Can't wait to see the finished work! Apparently you should not be permitted to watch home improvement TV

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I love the track lighting!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    man... i wish i could draw like that. then maybe i could get this pic outta my head. hey.. if i gave you like a really vivid detailed description of this really nasty pic in my head do you think you could draw it?
    Well, we could give it a try. I'm usually not that good at visualizing other peoples thoughts, but since I have to do it for the rest of my life, I'd like to try it. When I'm done with that one, tho ,)

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Can't wait to see the finished work! Apparently you should not be permitted to watch home improvement TV
    Well, it's not only the home improvement shows. I also love to be political incorrect with children ,)

One of my earlier works, back in '02, before I had any backgrounds but still liked to paint stuff.
    That one particularly was inspired by http://gyuo.org/scheisse/muesli.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    Well, it's not only the home improvement shows. I also love to be political incorrect with children ,)

One of my earlier works, back in '02, before I had any backgrounds but still liked to paint stuff.
    That one particularly was inspired by http://gyuo.org/scheisse/muesli.jpg

Ok I am sure you like to be politically incorrect with children...
    But I cant read what is on that sign....Please translate to make it funny for me

Great work by the way

The inspiration is interesting. It seems like it's a grade schooler showing something of great pride, but what's up with the sexy girl in the back? Or, is that the norm in schools these days? (God, I feel so old!)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    But I cant read what is on that sign....Please translate to make it funny for me
    It's just a menu of a german elementary school's cafeteria.
    The exact translation, even if it isn't funny, is:
    Cereals: DM 1
    Glass of cacao: DM 0.50
    Glass of milk: DM 0.50

The cereal booth is back in business.
    As I said, it's not really funny, but I loved the original picture when I found it on some school's page. That's the kind of stuff that inspires me.. I wonder if he or his friends ever found out about my picture.. ,)

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    The inspiration is interesting. It seems like it's a grade schooler showing something of great pride, but what's up with the sexy girl in the back? Or, is that the norm in schools these days? (God, I feel so old!)
    That's a Blümchen poster.. I think she even tried having some sort of foreign career, she played alot in Japan, as Blossom, not sure about the US of A tho. All you have to know is that her music sucked, and as long as you don't want to listen to smurfs singing to cheap musicmaker-techno-music, you'd better forget her name right now.

Hmm.. are you really that much older than me? Oô

That's a Blümchen poster.. I think she even tried having some sort of foreign career, she played alot in Japan, as Blossom, not sure about the US of A tho. All you have to know is that her music sucked, and as long as you don't want to listen to smurfs singing to cheap musicmaker-techno-music, you'd better forget her name right now.

Hmm.. are you really that much older than me? Oô
    I've met veterans of the Great War (World War One) in my lifetime, son! Now, I'll just wait to be outdone or not (which will mean, sadly, I've outdone myself).

Smurfs singing cheap musicmaker-speak n' spell-techo-music. Hmm....I guess I shouldn't bring up dogs singing Norweigan Wood or duets with Jackie Chan and Ani DiFranco singing Unforgettable.

Of course, now, your interpretation of the poster makes complete sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    I've met veterans of the Great War (World War One) in my lifetime, son! Now, I'll just wait to be outdone or not (which will mean, sadly, I've outdone myself).
    I've met people who saw Schleimkeim and Artless performing life..
    On the other hand, I'm 21 and you're probably 27, so.. *shrug* ,p

If anyone's interested, I just uploaded my old, very old, portfolio. All the video links are broken, and some animated gifs won't work either, but you'll get the idea.
    http://gyuo.org/portfolio_old all the way
    Oh, and it's mostly german. Sorry, didn't bother to translate it.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I think i'm in Love! i am totally impresed. my measly little abstract crap looks like pig slop next to that banquet for the eyes. Very spiffy... i'll pm you the description of the pic in my head... for some reason i'm totally convinced you can pull it off...
    K

Well thank you. Nevertheless, feel free to tell me your idea. Email, ICQ, AIM, etc, it's all in my profile ,)

I've had the idea for the picture while watching a home improvement show some weeks ago. They were embellishing some kid's room, and when they were done, they attached some strings to the ceiling with toys on the other end. The strings had to have a certain length, or else the kid could accidently strangulate himself and in the same night I drew the first sketches. In the end, I had two suicidal kids, one hanging from a rope, one with a pistol wound in his head.
    Final sketch:

After that, I started a 3D sketch in Maya, to help me getting the perspective, lighting, shadows, etc right.
    That's here:

Later tonight, I'll start the painting, but right now I have to get drunk, because I'm pissed that I needed like 30 minutes to find my Wacom which was, in fact, an arm length next to my computer.
    Anyway, I'll post updates later.

nice!!!

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

they killed themselves cause of that damn clown pisture...I know it cause i would have done the same....badass drawings....envy is absorbing me

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

I love that sketch!

+ Reply to Thread