+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheerleader dismissed from squad for working at Hooters restaurant

and your little dog too

Default Cheerleader dismissed from squad for working at Hooters restaurant

from nbc

An East Tennessee State University student says she was dismissed from the cheerleading squad because she works at a Hooters restaurant. Advertisement

Freshman Kimberly Sams says she's 18 and should be allowed to work where she wants.

The owl-themed restaurants feature waitresses in snug athletic shirts and shorts. The company has a banner on its Web site reading, "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."

Sams says she was called into a locker room after practice and dismissed by squad coach Tammy Bartow about three weeks ago. Sams says Bartow told her the off-campus job was the reason.

Athletic director Dave Mullins wouldn't comment on Sams' dismissal, citing student privacy laws.

Hooters Vice President Mike McNeil in Atlanta said the owl-themed restaurant chain "supports the employee and the statements she's making." He also said ETSU should reinstate her to the cheerleading squad.

Katie Allison Granju , Producer

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Default Re: Cheerleader dismissed from squad for working at Hooters restaurant

definatly unfair

unless they can cite a rule against it
    its an unfair arbitrary dismissal
    i cant believe the school wants a lawsuit

but i havent heard from the rest of the parties so it may not be working at hooters that did it

of course right now the school is probably searching for a different reason

seems to me i would only kick cheerleaders off the team if they worked at walmart

See, thats why I like Hooters in Memphis. You can eat hot wings, and I like them as hot as they come and will still et there even if they didnt have cute, orange shorts clad girls, but Hooters is only about a mile from Platimun Plus and you can see the same girls who work at Hooters strip buck a*s naked later on that night. So Hooters is like an appitiser.

Gross......?!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

I am going to Hooters at four tonight...there is a radio station there and my parents asked me to go get them free tix to a concert coming up.

That makes me think of those cheerleaders (for some professional sports team) that got in trouble for having sex in a bathroom a few months ago.

I think it's just cuz both stories involve cheerleaders.

I don't understand what you guys see that is so funny about young girls being "exposed"......And the fasination with cheerleaders.....Put the two together and you have a child molester....

I've never really had a fascination with cheerleaders...The ones at my high school weren't even that attractive...

Come to think of it...is it any different or any worse than a school girl fetish?

No, ADULTS are in the costumes first of all.....and second if you're thinking of a school-age girl when looking yyou need to have you head checked....
    I have two younger sisters so if I sound off kelter that's why.....
    I'm the oldest of three....21....14....10

I don't know. I've never really had any feeling one way or the other towards cheerleaders or school girls. I find it bizzare that adults would dress that way. There's something inherently absurd about it and it only gets more abusred as she gets older.

Hehe, floppy titties,lol hahahahaha

aiyeeeeeeeeeee ahhh..waaaaaaa...

I just got this image of a wrinkly old lady in a plaid skirt twirling her hair arond in this pho-seductive pose. Blech.

Yup, like that one commercial on T.V.lol

Oh god...that seems like it'd be BAD advertising!

it was for the stop smoking/stay in school thing

Oh. That makes more sense then. At least it wasn't like some...like...commercial for something...I'd...want...I dunno.

WTH? I highly doubt that is legal to do. That's absurd. There might possible be an underlying cause.

There's a girl at my school who works at Hooters and is a cheerleader. Most people already know, and as far as I know, no one has beef with that.

The school better apologise and put her back on the team if that is the sole reason.

+ Reply to Thread