+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Punk stereotype...

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Default Re: Punk stereotype...

Jax, you're a fucking legend. You're brutal and honest, and you are *so* right in saying that "happiness is the biggest FUCK YOU to society".
    You're awesome. I admire anybody who can transcend the ridiculous stereotypes this world has to offer.

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Switchblade
    Jax, you're a fucking legend. You're brutal and honest, and you are *so* right in saying that "happiness is the biggest FUCK YOU to society".
    You're awesome. I admire anybody who can transcend the ridiculous stereotypes this world has to offer.
    same her, jax i wish there were more of you in this world...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    shouldn't punk be just music style?
    why don't you ask Bach if piano is just a music style?
    If you think that any form of art is merely the action of doing it, and doesn't encompass a greater meaning and sense of self, then you're really missing the point.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    If you think that any form of art is merely the action of doing it, and doesn't encompass a greater meaning and sense of self, then you're really missing the point.
    Punk
    was just a music style when it started, but in the first few years it evolved to be more than that. As I said up top somewhere, the founding groups had political and social issues in common, so these became part of the ethic - but it still should be 'music with extras' rather than 'politics with a theme tune'. You can't be a punk if the only music you like is Beethoven - you can be just as sociopolitically active and individualistic; you can have the same style, but you can't be a punk. Sorry to those kids who think what I just said is wrong, but that's why you're kids.

mG

Jax, I wish everyone had your attitude. I am fortunate that I have the kind of job that I can look the way I want and live the life I want. Carving your own path beats the hell out of squatting and eating whatever you can get your hands on. Punk is a mindset, not just a form of rebelling. It is also very satisfying to come back at people who look down on your lifestyle with an intelligent answer, than to just tell them to go fuck themselves. They can't really argue with you then.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

as vinyl kitty said, punk is a mindset, the music formed from that. so yeah, I think you can be punk even if you just listen to beethoven, just like listeing to a clash CD doesn't make you a punk in and of istelf either.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Wow, I didnt expect such a response to this. My mind is going a thousand miles a minute with things I want to express. But Im hungover, and my head hurts.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Wow, I didnt expect such a response to this. My mind is going a thousand miles a minute with things I want to express. But Im hungover, and my head hurts.
    The Pilgrims path is never an easy one Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    i remember that... that was hilarious!
    Me too. I still have my copy of that issue. You guys should post that online.

On the topic whatever the label is I think at a certain point in your life, like you, you just have to do stuff your own way and do what it takes to make yourself happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    dude... don't use big words on me... I never actualy learned english in school or something so I could argue properly with all those BIG words

with my comment I meant to say how people take music scene to seriously (not just punk) and miss the important part in life (like work, education etc)

now I don't like mainstream living style but isn't that the way for reaching your life goals... or at least some of them....

I don't know what punk means. I don't like punk music. I like Depeche Mode, AOL House Mixes music, synth high energy music. I don't fit in or try to with anyone thing. My look is probably BlueBlood acceptable, which is why I join here. I can't get a job because I have Manic Panic Fuschia Shock hair , line my eyes lined heavy in black liner and wear red lipstick. I think its mostly the hair color and somewhat the extra heavy black liner. I am no goth. I did what the hippies did,the Pcycedelic and still want to . I am a license hairstylist too colorful for that industry here in my area. I am against employers requiring drug tests. I am for legalization of pot. So people that smoke pot fail drug test or don't take them. Who are employers to police what we do off the job? I pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ everyday for a job or income and a steady man to have straight sex with. I do not do oral sex and definely not anal. If I could I would belong to the Native American Church which goes with Christian values and use Peyote. I am against gay marriages and gays raising children. So I am conservative in some ways. I think there should be harsher laws for anyone who abuses animals. There you have a short summary of me. Try to put me in a catogory. I don't fit and don't try to. I am proud to be me. I am not any stereotype.

Mother Superior

Stereotypes are very limiting, there's so much more to a person than just a subculture. You just have to get to know them for who and what they are first hand. I never like being pigeon-holed/labeled in any way. A person should always be evolving.Crowley always kept them guessing, I am the same way.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by World*in*my*Eyes
    I don't know what punk means. I I am against gay marriages and gays raising children. So I am conservative in some ways. I think there should be harsher laws for anyone who abuses animals.
    What is your rationale behind opposing marriage equality? Civil marriage does not equate to a marriage sanctioned by the church. Gay couples are already raising children. To deny them full parental rights is to punish the children for having parents you disapprove of. Children of gay couples are often unable to get basic health insurance, survivor's benefits, and other governmental guarantees. At present, it depends completely on who the birth parent is.

Marriage equality is a civil right and not a religious one. The American Republic was not set up as a theocracy. Justice Jackson set a standard of a "wall between church and state". Marriage was defined as a fundamental right by the Supreme Court in Loving v. Virginia (striking down anti-miscegenation laws).

Barry Morris Goldwater, whom some consider the founder of modern conservatism, believed in marriage equality, adoption, and gays serving in the military: "you don't have to be straight to shoot straight". A theocratic element flying under the banner of conservatism would deny them these rights.

Personally, I can't imagine caring about anything consensual between two adults. The definition of marriage was traditionally left to the states. This way, folks like yourself could live in states where some are denied the right to make the legal contractual agreements which compose civil marriage. The rest of us would then be able to live in states where such rights are granted.

OEC

I'd agree on animal abuse. Good luck finding a man,

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

World in my eyes...

Good for you. I however LIKE being labeled a punk. I am not ashamed of being cast in a stereotype when it IS my stereotype. But I dont like all the negative connotations people that are in my own subculture cast on everyone within the same community. It sounds contradictory, but thats what I like about myself.

You sound like a conservative religious cyber goth that likes eyeliner and fuscha hair. I highly doubt we have anything in common, other than the fact we both have unnatural colored hair. It casts you in with every other cyber goth because of your music choice and lifestyle. If you want a job, bleach your hair and learn how to put on make up in a more conservative style. Its quite easy to stereotype you by what you said.

I really dont like closed minds. You border on it, so because its be plesant month, I will not even go into some of the narrow view points you have made. Have a wonderful day.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Have a wonderful day.
    there are only a few people who can say that and make everyone think they just heard a hammer cock. Luckily you're one of them.

mG

Sorry for the sidebar guys. I think Jax said it better.

OEC

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

World in my eyes...

Good for you. I however LIKE being labeled a punk. I am not ashamed of being cast in a stereotype when it IS my stereotype. But I dont like all the negative connotations people that are in my own subculture cast on everyone within the same community. It sounds contradictory, but thats what I like about myself.

You sound like a conservative religious cyber goth that likes eyeliner and fuscha hair. I highly doubt we have anything in common, other than the fact we both have unnatural colored hair. It casts you in with every other cyber goth because of your music choice and lifestyle. If you want a job, bleach your hair and learn how to put on make up in a more conservative style. Its quite easy to stereotype you by what you said.

I really dont like closed minds. You border on it, so because its be plesant month, I will not even go into some of the narrow view points you have made. Have a wonderful day.
    i found it hard to put into words what i wanted to say, luckly you covered it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    there are only a few people who can say that and make everyone think they just heard a hammer cock. Luckily you're one of them.

mG
    i cant be the only one who got a little turned on by it though :P

in defense of world-in-my-eyes, i dont like punk music either, i joined blueblood for sence of fellowship and to express my ideas freely, i dont like gay mariages either.....not that i have anything against them they just make me mad for some reason....and i do support pot being legallized though i dont do any drugs, any ways i guess all im trying to say is that, world-in-my-eyes, yer not alone and there are people who understand where yer coming from...

Oh thanks so much Bloodred Project2402, for letting me know at least someone feels about some issues in the same way as I do. I felt I offended or made some people a bit mad by being so outspoken.. Those are my opinions I expressed and everyone has the right to their opinions. Peoples opinions are not always the same. Yes I am against gay marriages and them raising children. Otherwise I they should have equal rights, and get health insurance from their mate's job, just like I think when a man and woman live together outside of marriage they should get health insurance from their mates job too. I don't care what 2 consenting adults do in private. One Eyed Cat, sorry if I offended you, that not was not my intent, I was just voicing my opinion, but I do like your avatar. Jax, what is the definition of a cyber goth that you called me? Jax, you say having unatural hair color is about the only thing we have in common, perhaps. Jax, what is your hair color and what type of job do you have? Peace everybody.

Oh thanks so much Bloodred Project2402, for letting me know at least someone feels about some issues in the same way as I do. I felt I offended or made some people a bit mad by being so outspoken.. Those are my opinions I expressed and everyone has the right to their opinions. Peoples opinions are not always the same. Yes I am against gay marriages and them raising children. Otherwise I they should have equal rights, and get health insurance from their mate's job, just like I think when a man and woman live together outside of marriage they should get health insurance from their mates job too. I don't care what 2 consenting adults do in private. One Eyed Cat, sorry if I offended you, that not was not my intent, I was just voicing my opinion, but I do like your avatar. Jax, what is the definition of a cyber goth that you called me? Jax, you say having unatural hair color is about the only thing we have in common, perhaps. Jax, what is your hair color and what type of job do you have? Peace everybody.
    You don't offend me. You are both just wrong. We should not be legislating contractual obligations and commitments based on our own disapproval. At any rate, I've said my peace. I don't take it personally.

OEC

i assume you want pot legalised so people have a choice to do it, so why not let people have the choice of marriage if they are of the same sex, and why say they shouldnt raise kids?

you seem to be all for the right speak freely, then why work against the freedom for people in same sex relationships to have the same freedom that you and i share?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

You far from offended me, it takes much more that. Im still trying to figure out what your political views and dislike of punk music have to do with my thread, but apparantly you see a connection I dont.

If you were to go into the erotica section, there are plenty of pictures there where you can see my haircolor. Ive been shooting with blueblood for quite some time.

My work is my modeling. Ive held great seasonal jobs when I get tired of being in front of the camera and want a break from being a bee keeper to doing administrative work to working on cruise ships in the Hawaiian Islands. Right now I have a steady offer in the fetish world that was just offered to me a few days ago making amazing money, I wouldnt have to "hold a normal job for a very long time unless I wanted a break from the shoots" in the words of the photographer.

well thats nice to know jax,lol.... as for world in my eyes glad i could help,and i also get where you come from in the same sex marriage banning/adopting kids too....if all the gays,homos, (w/e u call them without offending them)if they all adopt,then their kids are more likely to be gay and then after a couple hundred years or so well have to artificially breed ourselves just to keep the human race alive......make sence???

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    well thats nice to know jax,lol.... as for world in my eyes glad i could help,and i also get where you come from in the same sex marriage banning/adopting kids too....if all the gays,homos, (w/e u call them without offending them)if they all adopt,then their kids are more likely to be gay and then after a couple hundred years or so well have to artificially breed ourselves just to keep the human race alive......make sence???

that is the ultimate paranoia, if you are so sure of the weakness of your sexuality that you feel that it could go extinct by giving those "homo's" the right to raise a child then so be it, however i think the world has more problems with the number of children that dont have parents, or anyone to raise them, i even think a gay couple could end up raising better children than most straight couples. the world has more problems than this fantasy future you seem to have conjured, maybe you should worry about those problems instead?

and a side note saying "(w/e u call them without offending them)" is pretty much garunteed to offend "them" :\

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I would like proof of this asenine claim! It drives me absolutely fucking crazy hearing stupid shit like this! I want hardcore statistics that show a child will 'become gay' if raised by gays and Im not talking statistics from wehategays.com or some bullshit like that.

Maybe if 'straight' people would stop fucking around and stop having so many unwanted kids, in your world gays wouldnt have to adopt them. There is absolutely NO threat of gays cultivating mankind out (hahahaha, ESPECIALLY in a few hundred years), I think disease, war, famine, etc are far worse fates for humans than two people who are the same sex lovinigly raising a child in their completely qualified homes.

Come on. Your god gave you a brain...use it.

Its also nice to know this about you...LOL!!! Quit being so unsure of your sexuality.

haha sorry didnt mean to offend them to offend them by saying im not trying to offend them.....other than that, im not questioning thier ability to raise children im just saying look a statistics of the ones raised and the ratio of the ones who turn out gay.

I would like proof of this asenine claim! It drives me absolutely fucking crazy hearing stupid shit like this! I want hardcore statistics that show a child will 'become gay' if raised by gays and Im not talking statistics from wehategays.com or some bullshit like that.

Maybe if 'straight' people would stop fucking around and stop having so many unwanted kids, in your world gays wouldnt have to adopt them. There is absolutely NO threat of gays cultivating mankind out (hahahaha, ESPECIALLY in a few hundred years), I think disease, war, famine, etc are far worse fates for humans than two people who are the same sex lovinigly raising a child in their completely qualified homes.

Come on. Your god gave you a brain...use it.

we think alike, it must be love

:P

haha sorry didnt mean to offend them to offend them by saying im not trying to offend them.....other than that, im not questioning thier ability to raise children im just saying look a statistics of the ones raised and the ratio of the ones who turn out gay.
    show me these statistics :\

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Lets see your statistics and ratios...

Stop stating something as fact when you are very unlikely to back it up. Ignorance is rampant, people like YOU will wipe out the human race before gays could even blink.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    we think alike, it must be love

:P

show me these statistics :\
    Lol, great minds think alike!

That's unequivocally false. Studies show that kids adopted by gay parents are no more likely to be gay than those adopted by straight parents. I doubt you could offend any gay people if you tried. That is honestly the most paranoid bit of drivel I've seen in awhile. May I ask your age please?

Cordially,

OEC

its just getting scary now :P

are you me? and if so can i play with me? :P

i checked possibly the biggest statistics site and they dont seem to have statistics relating to sexuality in any form whatsoever

link: http://www.nationmaster.com/

I have and you are wrong. Try Freedom to Marry by Evan Wolfson. There is no difference.

OEC

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    its just getting scary now :P

are you me? and if so can i play with me? :P

i checked possibly the biggest statistics site and they dont seem to have statistics relating to sexuality in any form whatsoever

link: http://www.nationmaster.com/
    Hahaha! Im playing with me right now

They dont have it because it isnt true. Lol! People continue to amaze me with ignorance. More gays should adopt, itll end up wiping out the prejudice towards them, making this world a hell of a lot more pleasant to live in...and itll keep my head from exploding;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    That's unequivocally false. Studies show that kids adopted by gay parents are no more likely to be gay than those adopted by straight parents. I doubt you could offend any gay people if you tried. That is honestly the most paranoid bit of drivel I've seen in awhile. May I ask your age please?

Cordially,

OEC
    Haha, you rock;]

Hahaha! Im playing with me right now

They dont have it because it isnt true. Lol! People continue to amaze me with ignorance. More gays should adopt, itll end up wiping out the prejudice towards them, making this world a hell of a lot more pleasant to live in...and itll keep my head from exploding;]
    *twitches*

i....

wheres a plane ticket when you need one

This is from the American Psychological Association

Sexual Orientation. A number of investigators have also studied a third component of sexual identity: sexual orientation (Bailey, Bobrow, Wolfe, & Mikach, 1995; Bozett, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1989; Gottman, 1990; Golombok et al., 1983; Green, 1978; Huggins, 1989; Miller, 1979; Paul, 1986; Rees, 1979). In all studies, the great majority of offspring of both gay fathers and lesbian mothers described themselves as heterosexual. Taken together, the data do not suggest elevated rates of homosexuality among the offspring of lesbian or gay parents. For instance, Huggins (1989) interviewed 36 teenagers, half of whom were offspring of lesbian mothers and half of heterosexual mothers. No children of lesbian mothers identified themselves as lesbian or gay, but one child of a heterosexual mother did; this difference was not statistically significant. In a recent study, Bailey and his colleagues (1995) studied adult sons of gay fathers and found more than 90% of the sons to be heterosexual. Because the heterosexual and nonheterosexual sons did not differ in the length of time they had resided with their fathers, the effects of the exposure to the fathers' sexual orientation on the sons' sexual orientation must have been either very small or nonexistent.

OEC

people,people! chill down! im not trying to make people mad im just simpley stating my concern for humanity in itself and, yes, i am a little paranoidthat earth only has a little amount of time left....and my source of information isnt the most stable source of all, but i dont know it to be normally wrong....anyways i dont mean to disgruntle anybody.....o and im 14 btw one eyed cat.....i thought you people said that you were against ageism....sorry for seeing something i guess i just 'made up in my head'

Haha, you rock;]
    Nah you're way more suave with this haha

OEC

ageist**

people,people! chill down! im not trying to make people mad im just simpley stating my concern for humanity in itself and, yes, i am a little paranoidthat earth only has a little amount of time left....and my source of information isnt the most stable source of all, but i dont know it to be normally wrong....anyways i dont mean to disgruntle anybody.....o and im 14 btw one eyed cat.....i thought you people said that you were against ageism....sorry for seeing something i guess i just 'made up in my head'
    haha well the APA is fairly reliable. I don't seriously care how old you are. You just express a lot of discomfort with gays. Do you have other reasons for opposing these things? I have a lot of other data. Anyways, I just want you to consider the facts. It doesn't make you a bad guy.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread