+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Punk stereotype...

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Default Re: Punk stereotype...

we arnt against your age, we are against the closed minded opinion you have that clearly has no solid ground.

im sure someone else can say this better than me.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by BloodredProject2402
    people,people! chill down! im not trying to make people mad im just simpley stating my concern for humanity in itself and, yes, i am a little paranoidthat earth only has a little amount of time left....and my source of information isnt the most stable source of all, but i dont know it to be normally wrong....anyways i dont mean to disgruntle anybody.....o and im 14 btw one eyed cat.....i thought you people said that you were against ageism....sorry for seeing something i guess i just 'made up in my head'
    How could you POSSIBLY have concern for something you know absolutely NOTHING about?

The fact you still wont even say your source of this information just proves you have no interest in facts, but blindly follow the blind. So yes, you DID make it up in your head. Next time you might want to think a bit more before making up false claims as fact just to prove your psychosis and paranoia over something you are obviously very ignorant about.

Please dont tell me your source is your parents or the bible...brainwash can be very disasterous. Maybe now you can tell your source to 'shove it' and open up your mind a little.

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

haha, ok well i didnt mean to be close minded, sorry guys....didnt mean to push buttons

*sigh* well jax no it wasnt my parents.....wat the hell is the bible going to know about current events? anyway......hes an appointed mentor of mine that enlightens me about a few things but i never knew him to be a liar (not saying that yall are lying, its just i guess he brainwashed me there on that one) but no i guess knowing he was lying kind of changes my view on the whole subject

you should never take anything at face value, always find things out for yourself.

if someone says something, question it, read up on it. feed your mind, itll thank you for it!

and yes, that is to say dont take what we have said to be true, make your own opinion from more than just word of mouth.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Your appointed 'mentor' (and I use that term laughingly) needs to be FIRED. What kind of appointed mentor crams these types of lies and bigotries in a young mind?

Question everything. Itll make you a more fulfilled person.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Your appointed 'mentor' (and I use that term laughingly) needs to be FIRED. What kind of appointed mentor crams these types of lies and bigotries in a young mind?

Question everything. Itll make you a more fulfilled person.
    Can I get an amen?

ok sorry i never thought of questioning my mentor.....he should be fired....i didnt know i was being so foolish.....man i feel like an idiot

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

ok sorry i never thought of questioning my mentor.....he should be fired....i didnt know i was being so foolish.....man i feel like an idiot
    Don't feel like an idiot just remember a few things. Regardless of how cool or smart someone you think of a mentor may be, they still might be wrong. That doesn't necessarily make them a liar just not on a good track. Also anything and everything find out for yourself before you run around making absolute statements. Examine why you hold an opinion, find things that either support or refute your position.

And mainly always -always- remember that just because someone disagrees with you, or says your wrong about something doesn't mean they think you're stupid or don't like you. Sometimes it's just fine to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    Don't feel like an idiot just remember a few things. Regardless of how cool or smart someone you think of a mentor may be, they still might be wrong. That doesn't necessarily make them a liar just not on a good track. Also anything and everything find out for yourself before you run around making absolute statements. Examine why you hold an opinion, find things that either support or refute your position.

And mainly always -always- remember that just because someone disagrees with you, or says your wrong about something doesn't mean they think you're stupid or don't like you. Sometimes it's just fine to agree to disagree.
    *ding*

thats the sound of you hitting the nail on the head

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

holy fuck, what a thread,....... 'conservative religious cyber goth', I'll have to remember that one

haha, it kind of has gotten off topic...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    holy fuck, what a thread,....... 'conservative religious cyber goth', I'll have to remember that one
    3 stereotypes in 4 words. Hahaha.

Sawyer_Alexie's Avatar You Spoony Bard!!
    Alaska, only this time land of short people who wear fur and smile a lot.

So this is what happens when "openminded let's-all'get-along" type folks meet someone with differenting belifes? Instead of saying "Hey, your opinions are different from mine,that's cool I'll ask next time I want to hear them," we'll all tear them a new one and puke on their veiwpoint? Wow.
    Forest, if you're reading this, please delete my account. It's not you or Amelia's fault, I just don't want to hang with this kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer_Alexie
    So this is what happens when "openminded let's-all'get-along" type folks meet someone with differenting belifes? Instead of saying "Hey, your opinions are different from mine,that's cool I'll ask next time I want to hear them," we'll all tear them a new one and puke on their veiwpoint? Wow.
    Forest, if you're reading this, please delete my account. It's not you or Amelia's fault, I just don't want to hang with this kind of shit.
    sorry you feel that way, i respect your opinion, next time ill ask if i want to hear it!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Maybe if 'straight' people would stop fucking around and stop having so many unwanted kids, in your world gays wouldnt have to adopt them. There is absolutely NO threat of gays cultivating mankind out (hahahaha, ESPECIALLY in a few hundred years), I think disease, war, famine, etc are far worse fates for humans than two people who are the same sex lovinigly raising a child in their completely qualified homes.
    Just one of the reasons my wife and myself have chosen not to have children. The world is over-populated as it is, without "Breeders" adding to the problem. In the UK, we have what I call "Career Mothers", because as soon as they leave school (or possibly sooner) they get pregnant to someone, have the baby and then don't need to work for the rest of their lives as the "Welfare State" pays their rent, and just about anything else they need, whilst they spew out a string of sprogs to different fathers. It makes me sick to think that I and other people like me need to work to make ends meet, whilst what would be classed as "White Trailer Trash" in the States bleed the country dry. If the human race is to advance, we need to get a grip on Population Growth. If things go on like this, in a few decades the world is going to start to run out of vital resources.

Come on, People! Either keep it in your pants, or ensure that nothing stupid happens. What was the old slogan?
    If you're not part of the Solution, you're part of the Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Just one of the reasons my wife and myself have chosen not to have children. The world is over-populated as it is, without "Breeders" adding to the problem. In the UK, we have what I call "Career Mothers", because as soon as they leave school (or possibly sooner) they get pregnant to someone, have the baby and then don't need to work for the rest of their lives as the "Welfare State" pays their rent, and just about anything else they need, whilst they spew out a string of sprogs to different fathers. It makes me sick to think that I and other people like me need to work to make ends meet, whilst what would be classed as "White Trailer Trash" in the States bleed the country dry. If the human race is to advance, we need to get a grip on Population Growth. If things go on like this, in a few decades the world is going to start to run out of vital resources.

Come on, People! Either keep it in your pants, or ensure that nothing stupid happens. What was the old slogan?

yep, hate how much they earn/scrounge/leech off of society

argh, annoys me so much!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    yep, hate how much they earn/scrounge/leech off of society

argh, annoys me so much!
    It's people like that, that will ensure that when I come to retire in 30 years, I may not have a pension to get.

You work all your life in the hope that when you retire, you'll be able to comfortable in your twilight years. But these people have paid nothing into the state, they slag off the state for not giving them an easy job, then expect the state to pay for everything. They think they have the right to money, just because they are "contributing to the future" (and that's the Government's words, not mine) They should be neutered.

Parenthood should be licensed, like driving. You can't have children until you've passed a test to prove you'll be a good parent (a test that anyone can take, no matter what their sexul orientation)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    It's people like that, that will ensure that when I come to retire in 30 years, I may not have a pension to get.

You work all your life in the hope that when you retire, you'll be able to comfortable in your twilight years. But these people have paid nothing into the state, they slag off the state for not giving them an easy job, then expect the state to pay for everything. They think they have the right to money, just because they are "contributing to the future" (and that's the Government's words, not mine) They should be neutered.

Parenthood should be licensed, like driving. You can't have children until you've passed a test to prove you'll be a good parent (a test that anyone can take, no matter what their sexul orientation)

so true, you can only contribute to the future f you plan to raise the child properly.

i feel crap as a student when it comes to getting money off the govn that i chose not to get a student loan and pay for it all out of pocket. im working to get to a position i want to be at, and even still i will probably end up earning only a tiny bit more than what these people get because they fired out a few sprogs.

*sigh* i feel the same way about chld birth as you BSD, we SHOULD have to get a lisence to give birth...i guess that would be another future subject that would be as touchy as the homosexuality thing we have today (as shown above)...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'll just say that I'm a pretty closed minded motherfucker when it comes to intolerance. opinions are like assholes. education is better. most of the folks around here are pretty solid on the notion that people should be able to think anything that they want to, but when that thinking dictates how other people should live thier lives, then that's when we have a problem. I don't know how you got the idea that we all want to get along. what you're mistaken about is the assumption that that means we don't have respect.

Mother Superior

It's too bad you feel that way. I don't know you well but you seemed to be a vital part of this community.You need to realize there is a major difference in being "open-minded" and letting a person post blatantly false information. People on these boards are going to disagree as well all come from different experiences and lives. The point is to learn from eachother and share experiences. Honestly, we all aren't so different in some ways. Life is harsh, that's just how it is. If you go to an "alternative" type forum, it should be obvious you don't spout out things that regulars would find offensive, in other words you don't just jump in with two feet. Testing the waters is always wise, in anything. Homosexuality...whether you agree with it or not is a controversial subject so you must be armed with facts to do battle. There are times when you need to use common sense, take that how you'd like. I would liken it to joining an all Latino board and posting something misinformed about Latinos and their involvement with street gangs with no proof or just because a person told you that what you posted factual, you will get a severe reprimand. I strongly feel we must maintain a semblance of civility to other posters, even if we don't think alike. I can only speak for myself. This person can't be allowed to just keep spreading information that is false. Someone has to inform him of the real facts because if they don't he continues being in the dark about the issue and quite possibly propagate that information. Also, what may happen to him if he didn't get things straight in the real world, by someone who took REAL offense to his comments?? I shudder to think.Now it's up to him to take the information he was given and research it further or continue to be misinformed, it will be his choice to make. I didn't say anything to him but I knew others definitely would.I prefer letting people learn the hard way because usually that's the only way to learn but that's just me. He is young but ignorance is not tolerated here, at any age. I think he will be wiser for what took place. If you see a topic that you know nothing about, it's wise to stay out of it, that's been my experience. I just felt you were slaying the messenger. My commentary on this particular incident isn't up for debate, it just is.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Maybe if you would have read a bit more, it was stating something as FACT when it is not so that I had the problem with. Maybe my numerous attempts at trying to get that poster to state his sources were not clear enough the multiple times I asked.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

*sigh* i feel the same way about chld birth as you BSD, we SHOULD have to get a lisence to give birth...i guess that would be another future subject that would be as touchy as the homosexuality thing we have today (as shown above)...
    I believe thats something we would ALL agree on (or the majority of us anyways;p).

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I'll just say that I'm a pretty closed minded motherfucker when it comes to intolerance. opinions are like assholes. education is better. most of the folks around here are pretty solid on the notion that people should be able to think anything that they want to, but when that thinking dictates how other people should live thier lives, then that's when we have a problem. I don't know how you got the idea that we all want to get along. what you're mistaken about is the assumption that that means we don't have respect.
    Well said MG. I think for a majority of us, we can converse passionately and still hold respect for the person we disagree with. I still have respect for BloodRedProject, but intolerance is one thing I could not pass up on debating...and thats simply what it was...a debate. And it sounds as though BRP learned something from all of this, which is the most important thing.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

As Jax said, we saw a statement of fact which is questionable at best. Her original intent was a thread about punk stereotypes, not gay rights. If you follow your argument to its logical conclusions, you would have to tolerate our "intolerance" of intolerance. People are free to offer opinions, people are equally free to oppose them. There would be little, if any, conversation here if your dictate of we're all just "openminded let's get along" types were enforceable.

OEC

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I just wanted to post a general post in this thread about some things I just feel like saying.

I do not apologize in any way for the way this thread has turned or anything I said in it. Im actually kinda happy it got off topic, because hopefully someone who has such views is now a little more educated to the way the real world works.

Despite my usual demeanor, I really am a mother hen at heart. But Im blunt, honest and harsh when I feel passionately about something. Hey now, Ive gotten verbally beat up a time or two, it happens. But Im better for it because after all is said and done, it really makes a person sit down and think, and hopefully learn a few things.

Im an extremely open minded person, but one thing I will NOT tolerate is intolerance. If you can honestly look at this thread and think that we were just trying to *puke* on a viewpoint (that was not a viewpoint at all, but something that was stated as fact and NOT a viewpoint...obviously, or I would have gotten into it with the other poster who has for some reason drug her viewpoints into a thread it did not belong)...maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself as the intolerant one and the one who has problems getting along with people.

I just wanted to post a general post in this thread about some things I just feel like saying.

I do not apologize in any way for the way this thread has turned or anything I said in it. Im actually kinda happy it got off topic, because hopefully someone who has such views is now a little more educated to the way the real world works.

Despite my usual demeanor, I really am a mother hen at heart. But Im blunt, honest and harsh when I feel passionately about something. Hey now, Ive gotten verbally beat up a time or two, it happens. But Im better for it because after all is said and done, it really makes a person sit down and think, and hopefully learn a few things.

Im an extremely open minded person, but one thing I will NOT tolerate is intolerance. If you can honestly look at this thread and think that we were just trying to *puke* on a viewpoint (that was not a viewpoint at all, but something that was stated as fact and NOT a viewpoint...obviously, or I would have gotten into it with the other poster who has for some reason drug her viewpoints into a thread it did not belong)...maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself as the intolerant one and the one who has problems getting along with people.
    It was appropriate to punk (ironically). Hopefully, some of the opinions and studies posted will be of some benefit to him. He seems like a good guy.

OEC

It was appropriate to punk (ironically). Hopefully, some of the opinions and studies posted will be of some benefit to him. He (bloodred) seems like a good, albeit misinformed, guy. I see no reason to apologize or hold back.

OEC

hey! i want an apology from jax!

you cant just say shit like

Hahaha! Im playing with me right now
    and just leave it at that ffs :P

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Oh but I think I can;p

Is it bad that its 10 in the morning, I have to play softball today...but Im drinking Jameson straight oout of the bottle listening to The Real McKenzies sing about drinking whiskey and scootch till the day they die?

Its to get rid of the hangover frmo last night. Promise.

well, if you promise

but i tell you, ya cant

just off to the shop to get some creme eggs Mmmmmmm and maybe some proper food which im desperatly needing :P

Mother Superior

Yes, Jax there are positions in baseball :P There's 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Short Stop hehe. If you want a refresher course, let me know You could always be the bat girl if you had to... How you feeling?

Is it bad that its 10 in the morning, I have to play softball today...but Im drinking Jameson straight oout of the bottle listening to The Real McKenzies sing about drinking whiskey and scootch till the day they die?

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Wicked. When you start sweating out that booze your team mates on the bench will have to smoke away from you. You might catch fire.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Yes, Jax there are positions in baseball :P There's 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Short Stop hehe. If you want a refresher course, let me know You could always be the bat girl if you had to... How you feeling?
    Haha. wow. i had noo idea! wait wtf is a shoort stop? I know bases. Hell by the time I get t here even bat girl will be impossible. can I play softball in my 20 eyed docs and dickies? Lol, well I am. Im feeling great. Almost time for a nap.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Ha Ha Ha Ha! Wicked. When you start sweating out that booze your team mates on the bench will have to smoke away from you. You might catch fire.
    ROF, I dont wanna sweat! Whats shitty is we are all going to a bar after practice...hahahah11

Mother Superior

Short Stop is between 1st and 2nd , then you have the outfield, with 3 positions, right field, left field, and center field. The catcher will behind you when you go up to bat

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Um. Ok. Hahaha. Ill figure it out when I seee it I think. Woah interveention.

hahaha, jax ya drunken bum :P get smashed and party, think of us poor soul who has 10,000 words to write toward my final report due in tomorrow

Mother Superior

Ok, Jax, do not play shortstop tonight. You would have to move a lot and be positioned behind second base slightly and work both sides of 1st and 3rd. You can move to either side in order to stop the ball from going past into the outfield , it was a bitchy position now that I think back on it.

+ Reply to Thread