• Other

3 30.00%
  • Neither

1 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creative v. Apple

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Creative v. Apple

In your opinion who makes the better MP3 player?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Creative v. Apple

I have a Sony Walkman Core and I really like it. It's super tiny, smaller than a pack of gum actually, and really easy to use. Although mine is imported from Japan, so it has some trouble with US FM radio bands.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I have a Sony Walkman Core and I really like it. It's super tiny, smaller than a pack of gum actually, and really easy to use. Although mine is imported from Japan, so it has some trouble with US FM radio bands.

Me too

The Japanese version holds twice as much music.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I just got one of those Creative Zen 30gig thingies. I can watch movies on it and it has every album I own with room to spare, which isn't necesarily saying much but I really like it. I picked it over the iPod because the iPod sounded more restricted, and I'm not mac compatable.

I say go with what suits you the best

I own a Creative Zen Extra and love it. I've dropped the poor thing so many times, but fortunately the thing is quite durable and keeps running no matter what.
    After borrowing others' iPods [and reading that awful article on their music transferablitity restrictions!] I fail to see the value of their hype. They are too small and overpriced.
    Unfortunately, I can only speak for those two, but out of them, Creative undoubtedly gets my vote.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I just purchased my first MP3 player on Monday, just got here today. Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8gig Titanium Grey. I love it so far. The headphones that came with suck ass IMO. Good thing I've got some better ones lying around.

Previous to this I had a good 'ol MP3/Atrac3Plus/CD-R CD player. haha. Sony of course. Only brand of CD player I trust.

I have an ipod and I thinks it's the bees-knees. You can get lot's of extras for it too. I think that's nice.

Do the Creative ones have games?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I am going to be getting two ipods, and the cool mixer.. Just for my own enjoyment.. Don't know when I am getting it.. but hopefully b4 Christmas

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

do ipods actually play .mp3s? i have been led to believe they only play quicktime-compressed files bought from the online apple music store.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    do ipods actually play .mp3s? i have been led to believe they only play quicktime-compressed files bought from the online apple music store.
    no, they play mp3s

Creative IMHO does make a better MP3player AND you get to use your choice of song managing software,and for that, theyre awesome..

On the other hand, I have an ipod video, its just plain cool, stylish and cmon, its an ipod, it freakin rules!!! not to mention theyre so thin and tiny. Managing your music and videos on itunes can be a hassle sometimes though.

If you want ease of use and dont mind a slightly overweight mp3player Creative is the way to go

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

eh i never liked Mp3 players my main portable audio device is a Sony netMD player. I do have an old Creative Mp3 player that someone gave me, its ok i guess but its like a first or second generation one that uses compact flash cards and doesnt hold much music.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by GnArKiLL
    On the other hand, I have an ipod video, its just plain cool, stylish and cmon, its an ipod, it freakin rules!!!
    Spoken like a true marketing whore...

Anyway, I have aCowon X5, it's an mp3 player, plays video files, you can read text files, it's got a photo slide show and even has FM radio. It's freakin' awesome. It's my baby. Last winter I fell on some ice and landed on it, cracking the screen. Cowon's customer service repaired it quickly and without much hassle.

+ Reply to Thread