+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who here polishes their nails?

Mother Superior

Default Who here polishes their nails?

Do you enjoy painting your finger nails and or toe nails? Lighter colors or darker? I use darker mainly on both. At times, especially now (Summer) I do go for light pinks, peaches, and lilacs. What brands do you use that last and work well? I use OPI, it lasts a very long time, good wear.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Who here polishes their nails?

My toes are always painted either black, really dark blue or glow in the dark. my fingers run the gambit from taupe to dayglow orange, blue and the ever popular black. NYX is awesome (and cheap) with single coat black and Petites are great for the colours you know you won't wear all the time, like the lilacs and hot pinks. Unfortunatly the Glow paint is really only available in one brand... and i can't remember what it is. Oh well.

OPI is fantastic, but $8 for nail colour is a little steep.
    K

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I love getting my nails done.. i just haven't been able to afford it lately

My toes are usually either black or dark red, and my fingernails I usually paint either darker colours or neon colours. Right now they're neon green. <3 I tend to stay away from pastels or lighter colours, though.
    OPI is pretty good, but I don't really care about nailpolish enough to spend that much money. I peel it all off (usually out of boredom) within a week anyway.

I don't. I couldn't care less about stuff like that. Let alone pay cash money for it..

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Used to. Used NYC. I was a cheap mo'fucka.

Bedlamite

I keep my toes painted more than fingers. The toes are a little less labor intensive, as nail polish normally peels off within a few days. I love shades of red, from blood-clot to metallic, but my favorate is classic, glossy, vinal red that I can't find much anymore. I also love hot pink, metallic silver, dark blue, and of course...black. I miss my manicures, I loved making them sharpen the nails into little points. ( ^_^ ) Also, I paint boi's toenails, and fingernails when he has the whole weekend off.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

long nails make my job easier and since they break a lot I rarely even have to cut them but paint them, never

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I do once in a grand while it the fancy strikes me.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I manicure my nails once a week. I keep them very long generally and a pointy-ish oval. They are usually either hooker red, burgundy, purple or silver. Occasionally I'll get bored and do varicoloured french tips or something but not often.

Raven0129's Avatar Member

mmmcherry polished my toenails once. of course she had to hold me at gunpoint before I would let her turn any part of me bright metallic blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven0129
    mmmcherry polished my toenails once. of course she had to hold me at gunpoint before I would let her turn any part of me bright metallic blue.

You lucky son-of-a-bitch... We know you had fun though.

I keep my toes done myself most of the time. Since I am in water all day, the only way to keep my fingernails looking decent is to keep an acrylic overlay on them, so I get my nails done. I love a professionally done pedicure. I don't always have the money for them though. A pedicure is one of the most relaxing things on earth. As far as color, I usually lean towards bold colors, either dark or bright. I love a french manicure, but being in make up and haircolor all day stains it all up, so no french manicure for me.

I get my nails done every two weeks, mostly different styles of french manicures. My fav is the metallic polishes (I love silver and the metallic pink) and some type of white tip. There are so many different french tips its fun My toes I usually do a nice pink/pearl color that goes with just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkitty
    I keep my toes done myself most of the time. Since I am in water all day, the only way to keep my fingernails looking decent is to keep an acrylic overlay on them, so I get my nails done. I love a professionally done pedicure. I don't always have the money for them though. A pedicure is one of the most relaxing things on earth. As far as color, I usually lean towards bold colors, either dark or bright. I love a french manicure, but being in make up and haircolor all day stains it all up, so no french manicure for me.

Why are you in the water all day hun?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

OPI or China glaze. I have to have my hands and feet done. I have this wierd thing about it. also, If you are a deancer it looks shitty if you don't, and at my straight job, it looks better than chewed up stubs. I prefer understated colors for work at both jobs. I don't have time to do my nails all the time, so i pick colors that will go with anything. lately, I've been rather partial to peach french manicures. sephora makes it real easy with thier white polish pen........

Count-Chocula's Avatar Junior Member

I would have to say that I don't
    postcount +1

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

sephora makes it real easy with thier white polish pen
    white polish pen for french manicures?! how cool is that!!
    heh actually i have nail polish pens in 10 colors, in this little kit my mom got me once, its for drawing little nail polish pictures all over your nails so neat! they dont tell you though that theyre total shit, cause the pen thing gets blocked after every time you use it, and you have to clean it out with the little metal pokey things that come with the pack.

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

i'm an old fashioned black nails kinda guy

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by kshearsedriver
    i'm an old fashioned black nails kinda guy
    Nothing wrong with old fashioned my friend.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I used to but dont anymore but back when i did I'd hook the shit up! lol i had my three main colors-black-blue and purple and then i'd put an extra coat on top of clear glitter enamel . they looked badass when my nails were long and shit. But now that im living in someone elses house, I try to die down alot of stuff like the old eye shadow and one eyed mascara horror show look and stuff.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i bite my fingernails , always have, and I cant stop. Sometimes I'll put acrylics on,
    my toenails are weird, and I have almost no little toenail so I wear fake toenails LOL. I found them earlier this year and I love them

i use to were black with a white stripe's like Steve Tyler from Areosmith in high school needlest too say i was a outcast ,this was in 1975,i was 1/2 punk 1/2 hippy,full time high.the only one who didnt give my shyt was the art teacher i had for 4 yrs,
    but i dont were any, anymore ,lest its a specail occasion then i do the black with a small white strip down the center,

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Those fake toenails are cute! I didn't even know they made them, lol.

I haven't painted my nails in so long... I've been letting them grows long (till they break) then cutting them back for months... but no colour. I might do that over the following week sometime...

Mother Superior

OPI has the cutest free toe rings with their Summer line (Princess Charming) on certain bottles of polishes. Just wanting to spread the word about.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

In the interest of my fellow nail painters I have to share that the Rimmel shade Rapid Ruby is quite good. A good blue based red that has some lasting power. I type like a neanderthal on meth and I can say that two coats plus a top coat has lasted more than a week with only one small chip. I even broke my nail yesterday and my polish wasn't ruined.

+ Reply to Thread