+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Australia is Proposing to stop same sex marriages from being fed. recognised!

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Australia is Proposing to stop same sex marriages from being fed. recognised!

This is a bit offtopic but i will post it anyway, you can kick my ass if you think it's wrong.
    I heard this from my friend who was in a band which was playing at confirmation camp. There was this one priest speaking to the children about gays:
    "If you ever notice you friend or schoolmate might be gay, break all contacts to him or her. If you know someone is gay don't let them to your home or listen to them. They are from satan and they will **** you etc. if they just have chance etc."
    I live in Finland which has just year ago legalized gay marriages and I think nobody should have right to speak this kind of crap to the kids. I just wanted to post this because it tells pritty much where these attitudes come from. And don't get me wrong I don't want to crucify christianity or anything like that but I just think this kind of shit is wrong even if it was part of the religion.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Australia is Proposing to stop same sex marriages from being fed. recognised!

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    This is a bit offtopic but i will post it anyway, you can kick my ass if you think it's wrong.
    I heard this from my friend who was in a band which was playing at confirmation camp. There was this one priest speaking to the children about gays:
    "If you ever notice you friend or schoolmate might be gay, break all contacts to him or her. If you know someone is gay don't let them to your home or listen to them. They are from satan and they will **** you etc. if they just have chance etc."
    I live in Finland which has just year ago legalized gay marriages and I think nobody should have right to speak this kind of crap to the kids. I just wanted to post this because it tells pritty much where these attitudes come from. And don't get me wrong I don't want to crucify christianity or anything like that but I just think this kind of shit is wrong even if it was part of the religion.

And we wonder why the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket! What happend to "Love Thy Neighbor, Love Thy Enemy for we are ALL GODS CHILDREN"? This is the self same reason I no longer go to church...
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    What happend to "Love Thy Neighbor, Love Thy Enemy for we are ALL GODS CHILDREN"? K
    It was rescinded after paternity tests proved otherwise.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

And we wonder why the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket! What happend to "Love Thy Neighbor, Love Thy Enemy for we are ALL GODS CHILDREN"? This is the self same reason I no longer go to church...
    K
    K, when i attended church i was told that we are actually NOT all god's children. We are all god's creation, but are not called his children until we receive Jesus.

Basic fundamentalist teachings.

~Histrionica~

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Isn't there this one song that "at Gods hand there's room for everyone."

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    K, when i attended church i was told that we are actually NOT all god's children. We are all god's creation, but are not called his children until we receive Jesus.

Basic fundamentalist teachings.

~Histrionica~
    When I went to sunday school back in like '87 I was taught by the Methodist church that we are all God's children. I guess once again I've been lied to. *sigh* And you'd think that 11 yrs of studying various religions I would have discovered that lie, but everything is so scattered and everything means somehting different to another sect. *sigh* My brain is hurting far to much for this discussion right now. I'll be back.
    K

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

When I went to sunday school back in like '87 I was taught by the Methodist church that we are all God's children. I guess once again I've been lied to. *sigh* And you'd think that 11 yrs of studying various religions I would have discovered that lie, but everything is so scattered and everything means somehting different to another sect. *sigh* My brain is hurting far to much for this discussion right now. I'll be back.
    K
    Sorry hunny. If it helps, Methodist is not a fundamentalist denomination. But that teaching - along with far too many others to even go into - are the reason i waked away 3 years ago.

It hurts me thinking about it sometimes too.

~Histrionica~

+ Reply to Thread