+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Patriot Act, and Tracking Chips. Discuss.

Default The Patriot Act, and Tracking Chips. Discuss.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Default Re: The Patriot Act, and Tracking Chips. Discuss.

Well, they're doing it with kids in Japan. They feel the benefits outweight the costs. Is it socially lazy though, to do that with children in any culture?

As far as the Patriot Act, I'm still taking that one piece by piece. I honestly think it is the most complicated piece of legislation in the history of the United States (that got passed).

I think both acts really suck.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    Well, they're doing it with kids in Japan. They feel the benefits outweight the costs. Is it socially lazy though, to do that with children in any culture?

Cell phones accomplish the same thing in the long run anyhow. They are our "mark of the beast" as it where. I always feel like one of those tagged animals you see on nature shows.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

In my personal opinion the PA is a bunch of Bull. It has so many ways to invade a person's privacy, whether in the US or out of the US... Dont they have ECHELON to do that? The US -government- is anti-privacy... and they do it all in the name of "anti-terrorism"....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    In my personal opinion the PA is a bunch of Bull. It has so many ways to invade a person's privacy, whether in the US or out of the US... Dont they have ECHELON to do that? The US -government- is anti-privacy... and they do it all in the name of "anti-terrorism"....
    Everyone is...from governments to credit card companies. It's not due to some big brother bullshit that privacy advocates love to throw out.

The simple fact is that due to the advent of computers and the still booming PC market "Personal Identity" has become far less secure and relaible than ever. Criminals have and still abuse the weaknesses for their gain. Identity Theft has become THE crime from the underworld scene across the world. Because with it you can do...anything. That's the problem...YOU know who you are but to prove it has become very very difficult.

Outside of totalitarian governments few democracies want to monitor the entire populace...it's tood difficult and too innacurate. Manipulation and cohersion is MUCH easier and cheaper. Besides like I stated in my Big Brother thread...we do more to harm our own personal privacy than ANY government.

+ Reply to Thread