+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuck You: A Brief History of the Mohawk

Default Fuck You: A Brief History of the Mohawk

Any kind of extreme hair makes a statement, but none so unambiguous as the Mohawk. A shaved head makes a statement, but you have to parse it out. A shaved head can say near anything: Im a javascript programmer who cuts his own hair, Im a 136 lb. passive-aggressive Vegan dickhole, Welcome to the Brotherhood,...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Fuck You: A Brief History of the Mohawk

Personally I really like the Mullets. I love long hair on men and the Mullet gives it style.

Quote Originally Posted by World*in*my*Eyes View Post
    Personally I really like the Mullets. I love long hair on men and the Mullet gives it style.
    I know we are not talking about Mullets here. I am just expressing my opinion on another different type hair style, just as Mohawks are.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

The paratroopers did NOT have mohawks. They had "three-finger high 'n' tights". There's a difference. Basically, one is "faddish" and the other is "within Army regs"... Anyway, it's going to take awhile for the 'do to recover from the '90's, because honestly, things really aren't that bad still. On top of that, everyone's trying to get jobs, and honestly, most places just don't let that kind of style slide, unless of course you're looking to be a mechanic or body modder of some sort. The closest we'll be getting for a long time will still be that gaytarded fauxhawk for the "I'm a punk, but only on the weekend" crowd.

Not that I can say much about it, I can't have a mohawk because of military regs. The best I can do is part it down the middle into two attempted hawks (kind of like a... devil-horn hawk) for concerts and hope the hair color spray paint comes out before I have to be at work, otherwise I have to cut the top, and dammit if I just don't like doing that!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I just got a hawk the other day. Haven't put it up yet but will...soon...really, I'm kinda lazy but it looks pretty kick ass even when it's down.

DarioLaVey's Avatar Member

Hello! I remember when Darenzia had her blue mowhawk - it looked kinda funny, kinda cool! And once I had a mowhawk too (sometimes orange, sometimes blue). So I realy like to see girls and boys with mowhawks! Specially if they have different colors in it! I wished many years ago that Darenzia would take some red stripes in her blue mowhawk - but she never did. 2Bad! :-(

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by World*in*my*Eyes View Post

Stylish....

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I don't think I've ever heard the words "mullet" and "stylish" used in the same sentence before... at least when they weren't separated by the word "NOT." Thanks for making my day a little more surreal...

... and on-topic, I have to give the Ultimate Hawk-Rock award to Sascha Konietzko of KMFDM - who's been sporting one longer than many - and also to K. who, personal bias aside, made a mohawk look sexy-as-hell to a guy who usually prefers his women with longer hair! I know you can find her hawk-pics here on B.B., and I'd post one were this the Erotica forum. As it is, I'm too lazy to crop out the nudity.

The wighawk is resurfacing as the cyhawk these days, which is works by the same mechanism but features a row of black plastic blades set with large metal eyelets instead. The result looks pretty cool, but strap-on haircuts are still phony. I'm hijacking the salvageable aspects for the greater good that is my personal aesthetic soon-ish.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

What about rat tails?

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I used to have a rat tail. In 1984. I also had a semi chelsea before I even knew what a chelsea was.

I love Mohawks but I think that the manifestation that's supposed to be done by the people who wear it it's lost.
    Obviously it's common that some corporal expressions become popular or fashionable but in the middle of subcultural manifestations then there's some kind of meaning change. It transforms from an ideological response to a way of fitting in to a subcultural system.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

More Funny Pictures

Personaly I just let my hair grow until I have to get it cut (normally for work or something). I almost never even brush it, but I can get away with that cos it never tangles.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

These days, I'm a bit more into the thicker Deathrock style. Lately I see more of the thinner mohawks on football players and high school students than I do on people I'd want to get to know. That might be a function of locality though.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I had to dig this thread up. I decided to pull out a mohawk for a change. My neighbor is a stylist and helped me out with the fine tuning. Yesterday though, I had a beard that would make Jesus jealous and hair down to my shoulders.
    Attached Images

16. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to nathanmbailey For This Useful Post:

ForrestBlack (02-18-2012)
    Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey View Post
    I had to dig this thread up. I decided to pull out a mohawk for a change. My neighbor is a stylist and helped me out with the fine tuning. Yesterday though, I had a beard that would make Jesus jealous and hair down to my shoulders.
    Nice!

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I had a Chelsea hawk in high school, and loved it, but it was a pain in the butt to do up, so I just shaved it off, much easier upkeep. But I do enjoy looking at boys and girls with any sort of mohawks, and I mean real mohawks, not dumb boys with landing strips who like to think their hard because of it.

+ Reply to Thread