+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gratuities.

Mother Superior

Default Gratuities.

Do you tip every time you go to a restaurant? I will tip If the service is good and If it is poor, there needs to be a reason for it for me to still consider leaving a tip i.e the server being slammed. I always tip the housekeepers at hotels, I just leave the money by the day. If I go to a nice restaurant that server better ask me If that food is satisfactory, If not, well, they will more than likely get stiffed. I hate servers who disappear after they give you your food.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Default Re: Gratuities.

If i don't have the money to tip, then i cannot afford the service. I tip over the standard if the service is excellent.

~Histrionica~

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

we tip as well as we can.but if we get a really bad server we leave a penny or two. my mom was a server for years so i know how much they need the tips. leaveing little tells them they did a bad job and pisses them off.ihave to be real unhappy to do that.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Depends on the place. I always tip well at sushi places amd the like, but at Dennys you better be damned good to get more than $3. You know what I mean?
    K

I always try to leave a good tip at the least $5.....But If I am at a good restaurant and the service has been good and the server was good...I have left tips of $30 and up ....But those are rare occasions.....

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

I generally leave 20% at restaurants. If the service is really bad (due to the waiter's fault) I will leave less or none. I tip more at bars, especially if I like the place and I intend to go back. A dollar a drink is normal. If it's a really high-priced place or somewhere I don't like and will likely never return, I leave very little.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

one time i was hammered and i left a $100 tip

AEstud's Avatar Member

I get out the trust old cell phone and figure out 15%....sometimes, if they are nice. I've always been confused about the Sonic ppl though...sometimes they skate off too fast, it's like you have to run after and knock them down to give them 2 bucks.

+ Reply to Thread