+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying Tips?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Flying Tips?

I'm flying to see a friend out in VA, and this will be my first time flying! Any tips on how to stay calm, be a good flyer, etc?

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Flying Tips?

bring snakes, lots of snakes

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

omfg NO SNAKES hahaa... yeah flying isnt bad. maybe chew some gum or your ears will pop alot and it hurts urrrg...
    if you feel like youre gonna freak out... take deep breaths and grab a flight attendant... they know how to calm people down 'sallll good

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

travel as light as possible, try to actually limit yourself to one overhead carry on and one under your seat...that way you dont have to deal with luggage once you get there.
    I closed to window shade thingy when we were taking off and landing, it freaked me out to see it. Other than that flying was no thang (: have fun!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

bring some form of entertainment i.e. books, prtable, DVD player, gameboy, whatever. Not only for the flight but the for the inevitable 3-4 hours youll spend waiting for the flight, and if whatever you have takes batteries make sure you bring extra and dont buy them at the airport. Also, if you smoke dont bring a zippo or butan jet lighter, they like to confiscate those, and make sure you bring an extra pack of smokes so you dont have to buy them at the airport (here in KY they are like $5.00 a pack at the the airport, I shudder to think how much they cost in a place like WA where they are that much to begin with.) and also since you are going to virginia you should buy a carton cause they are gona be way cheaper there.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

oh yeah lighters, dont take any on the plane with you, i had like 6 confinscated, it sucked..although I had one in my pocket and they didnt even notice

Mother Superior

I have traveled overseas often.Generally my trip requires 3 flights one-way, one at least 9 hour International.. then two shorter flights once I am in Europe to get to my final destination. It's a hassle at times but I love Scandinavia. I just make myself enjoy it as much as possible and tell myself ; this is supposed to be fun. I really don't like to be around so many people at once in such a small space but there is no way around it.The best thing to do is pack as light as possible, take only what you honestly think you will use and or wear. As for carry on items, go light as well. Make sure you take all meds, jewelry and or important identification items on board with you, if you have any to take. For flights in the US, same rules apply. Make sure you don't wear shoes that are hard to get off and on because you will be required to take them off at various check points. No lighters has already been mentioned. Also, go at least 3 hours early, there can be many delays with security. Have a fun visit with your friend.

Well actually I'm going to purchase a DOT-Approved Zippo case tonight. So the TSA can fuck off Also NEW UNFUELED Zippos may be taken in your carry on. I read up on this shit before I went.

Hypothetically Speaking...lets say you're under 18, and you smoke...if thats the case will the TSA know, and if they know will they confiscate and fine?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

pack light, and check your luggage. chew gum, yawn, and take a book. and don't pinch the stwerdess's asses, or bring snakes.

K

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Well actually I'm going to purchase a DOT-Approved Zippo case tonight. So the TSA can fuck off Also NEW UNFUELED Zippos may be taken in your carry on. I read up on this shit before I went.

Hypothetically Speaking...lets say you're under 18, and you smoke...if thats the case will the TSA know, and if they know will they confiscate and fine?
    uhh, probably not, but yeah if your underage dont let them see your cigarettes, but they probably wouldnt know, because you dont have to show your ID at security at most airports anymore. But even if you have an aproved zippo case if it has fuel in it, dont even try it. I personally wouldnt try with an unfueled either because they might just confiscate it anyway.

xviolentxdelightx's Avatar Junior Member

Take something to keep you entertained
    cause the only exciting parts
    are taking off and landing.
    The rest is a drag.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    uhh, probably not, but yeah if your underage dont let them see your cigarettes, but they probably wouldnt know, because you dont have to show your ID at security at most airports anymore. But even if you have an aproved zippo case if it has fuel in it, dont even try it. I personally wouldnt try with an unfueled either because they might just confiscate it anyway.
    How bout checked luggage, would it be cool if I put 'em in there? Smokes that is.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    How bout checked luggage, would it be cool if I put 'em in there? Smokes that is.

yeah, but seeing as how they detonated a bottle of water and a tube of lipgloss last week i don't think taking anything other than maybe a book or a magazine in your carry on. Make sure that you let a little of the zippo fluid out of hte bottle before you pack it becasue the luggage compartments are not pressurized and things lke that havea tendancy to burst when the pressure builds up. also wrapping it in a Ziploc bag or three is a good idea. same for shampoo, toothpaste, hair gel, suntan lotion, fake blood, alcohol (even the stuff in plastic bottles) take it from some one who's had to wash all of the above out of her things after she lands.

K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

remember, a good landing deserves some applause, of course I guess you have to have a bad one to really apreciate that

The only things in my carry-on: cell phone charger, mp3 charger, swim trunks, 3 books.

be sure to wear easy on and off shoes for going through the security checks. But Va is a highly lovely place to go. been there many times and always look forward to going back.

Howdy folks!

I made it safely to VA, with about 5 hours of delay (it didn't suck too bad). Chicago weather was bad so my flight was delayed a few hours. Then when I finally got to Chi-town and boarded my connection, there was some computer problem, so we switched planes...that took about an hour or two...then we finally made our way to VA at about 2:30 AM EST. Got to my friend's house at 5 am...and went to sleep!

Flying is fun!

Where in VA are you?

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

a bit late, but my advice is dont sleep the night before. the only way to make a long flight bareable is to not experience it. take some sweets for the take off, preferably boiled sweets or some other one you can suck, gum is good but not nearly as effective, and you may need some for landing also, but i dont seem to be effected by that pressure change... go figure. and take your shoes off during the flight as your feet will swell and it gets uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    Where in VA are you?
    Uhmm Yorktown. I think.

+ Reply to Thread