+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lexx

Default Lexx

I really like dorky entertainment. I can even get into Rocky Horror if I have to. But that Lexxx show just seems kind of dumb. Anyone else?

Default Re: Lexx

The Girl with the RedHair is hot, but for the show itself, it seems kind of stupid.

I loved Jack Of All Trades though, Though that was for the comments.

I like some of the art, but the show is just insufferable. Just wait. That will be my next gig.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The show is brilliant...provided you get the 1001 in jokes and Sci-Fi satire. It's not everyone's cup of tea but once you get the show it becomes far deeper and very fun. A real shame the show ended as it found more fans in syndication than during it's 4 season (plus films) run. What makes the show work is that it takes EVERYTHING Sci-Fi is and evolves it into it's own lil world jokes and all...it's black comedy though so to take it TOO serious ditches much of the fun. Did a post about it months ago that went into detail on this.

Every Sci-Fi show has it's fans though...me I can't stomach Star Trek, Stargate, or Farscape much....but I love LEXX.

How come they cancelled the Jack Of All Trades show?

Believe me, I am definitely enough of a - we will call it "buff" to get the jokes. I just start getting really tense watching it and wondering if my friends and I sound like this at conventions.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    Believe me, I am definitely enough of a - we will call it "buff" to get the jokes. I just start getting really tense watching it and wondering if my friends and I sound like this at conventions.
    Oh make no mistake about it...you do...all who go to such events do. I made my peace with it long ago. It's part of the charm of it all.

Like I said though...it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's the nature of Sci-Fi really.

I got the jokes also, but I just never found the Lexx show that interesting, although there were some good episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Oh make no mistake about it...you do...all who go to such events do. I made my peace with it long ago. It's part of the charm of it all.

Like I said though...it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's the nature of Sci-Fi really.
    Alas, I know you are right, but dagnabit, I do not want to be reminded by the television set.

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    I really like dorky entertainment. I can even get into Rocky Horror if I have to. But that Lexxx show just seems kind of dumb. Anyone else?

Lexx is still on? It was different you have to admit--just rarely ever a coherent plot...
    re 'rocky horror' -if you have to? dorky? not in my book-- btw I know someone who met the playwright who did that- he wrote the whole thing in one night..P.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    Lexx is still on? It was different you have to admit--just rarely ever a coherent plot...
    re 'rocky horror' -if you have to? dorky? not in my book-- btw I know someone who met the playwright who did that- he wrote the whole thing in one night..P.
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    No LEXX is very much ended...sad as that is. Actually the plot was easy to follow it just had one flaw...you HAD to watch the entire series from the beginning to understand it. It had very little "Previously on LEXX" kinda intro's. This lead to many asking more questions that were ever answered...but if you stuck with it long enough you got the jist of it.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I miss Lexx.......... and Farscape too........ eh oh well

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.
    Actually he appears in the movie as the butler or whatever (bald guy with long hair in back)-- no I think maybe he just dropped acid or got drunk...It was some Canadian guy (who was running a hostel in Ireland where I was)telling me this who met the guy at a party in London --P.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I saw one episode of Lexx and by the time I got to the end of it I was so confused (not that that is anyhting new) I gave up entirely. It's bizzare but if I want to watch bizzare I'll stick to Magical Shopping Arcare Abenobashi.
    K

lexx RULED!!!! that was the best show ever with THE ULTIMATE dsl'd hottie(whats her name?) it was better before they went into that other universe after escaping the first big bad. it got really stupid real fast after that.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I love Lexx. Kai is great, because he doesn't give a fuck. Plus, the Brunnen G battle song is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MR PINK
    lexx RULED!!!! that was the best show ever with THE ULTIMATE dsl'd hottie(whats her name?) (...)
    Xenia Seeberg

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    I love Lexx. Kai is great, because he doesn't give a fuck. Plus, the Brunnen G battle song is awesome.
    It's one of the most beautiful songs created for any series...very dramatic.

Vaiyo A-O
    A Home Va Ya Ray
    Vaiyo A-Rah
    Jerhume Brunnen G

I have some sort of Techno remix of the original song, which is really cool

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I miss Lexx.......... and Farscape too........ eh oh well
    Well Farscape IS coming back in October...not sure if it's a TV Movie, Mini-Series, or new season long story arc...but it's something. Sci-Fi channel has been plugging it all week.

+ Reply to Thread