+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astral Projection

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Astral Projection

Who here has ever tried astral projection?
    Who can actually say they have successfully astral projected?

I've been interested in astral projection for a while now, moreso now than ever. I've been able to do it many times but I usually scare myself into waking up. I don't know if I believe it though because it feels more to me like lucid dreaming... but the rush of "leaving" the body is incredible...

Any stories, opinions, or beliefs on the subject?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Re: Astral Projection

I'm confused. I don't think I've ever heard of that.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I'm confused. I don't think I've ever heard of that.
    astral projection is pretty much a natural out-of-body experience. supposedly the human body is composed of many layers, one of them being the "astral" layer which is like a "spirit." people say it is possible for your astral body to leave your physical body while alive.
    if you google astral projection there are a whole bunch of sites that explain what it is much better than me! haha i suck, sorry.
    even if it is just "lucid dreaming" (where you control your dreams) and not real, it's really fun!

what, lucid dreaming isn't 'real'? huh...

...seriously though once i got over 'is it real, am i just imagining it', things got alot better.

i consider it 'subjectively real', kind of like the stuff that most people base their entire lives around.

i'm a super huge fan of lucid dreaming, and dreams in general www.mossdreams.com is a great website in my opinion.

do i really care if i'm objectively looking at jessica alba's boob in the shower, or just imagining it? it gets me hard either way

I had such types of dreams where I was able to control my actions fully...

that was freaky... even then I was bound to my moral obligations... I couldn't harm anyone

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    astral projection is pretty much a natural out-of-body experience. supposedly the human body is composed of many layers, one of them being the "astral" layer which is like a "spirit." people say it is possible for your astral body to leave your physical body while alive.
    if you google astral projection there are a whole bunch of sites that explain what it is much better than me! haha i suck, sorry.
    even if it is just "lucid dreaming" (where you control your dreams) and not real, it's really fun!
    Neat! I will go forth and google it!

found an interesting site about astral projection today actually.

www.astraldynamics.com/

as far as this stuff goes, this site seems pretty well thought out to me. some of them can get awfully softheaded sometimes.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

On accident I do it alot. When i try to fall asleep I start concentrating o nte details of someplace i've been or some one i want to see and then like a day or two later my friend will say they saw me walking past thier window or something.

Astral projection is also referred to as Living Ghosts. etc etc.

I have more to say on te dubject but conventionitis has drained me beyond expounding.

More later.

K

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I suffer from frequent sleep paralysis however I've never attempted (or have wanted to try) astral projection. It is my understanding of it that it is a forbidden black art and honestly I have no desire to put myself in water that I know I can't swim in. Furthermore sleep paralysis is not exactly the most wonderful experince I don't think I could begin to even handle astral projection.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    I suffer from frequent sleep paralysis however I've never attempted (or have wanted to try) astral projection. It is my understanding of it that it is a forbidden black art and honestly I have no desire to put myself in water that I know I can't swim in. Furthermore sleep paralysis is not exactly the most wonderful experince I don't think I could begin to even handle astral projection.

never heard of astral projection (besides the dj/band..whatever)... I too have a bad case of sleep paralysis(at least once or twice a week..and I mainly get it finding myself sleeping straight up). Do you find your experiences to be pleasant, cuz I sure don't. I wake up gasping for air and the like. At times I don't want to try to go back to sleep.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

^^^I thought I had it bad, it's about once every 2-3 weeks for me. Atleast once a week would be I don't know, ALOT to handle. I've yet to experince a pleasent experince. Some are far worse than others and as much as I try to remember that the things I hear and see are not real. It's hard to think of that when it's happening. I'm curious if you remember everything that happens? I usually do and I kind of find it theraputic to tell people I know about it.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

ive done it before, but only under the influeces of disassociatives (in my case DXM, and ketamine)

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I've done it, but not lately. I was really good at it after my dad died. You have to PRACTICE. You have to eat raw foods and meditate, no drugs. And when you go into that lucid dream state, you have to control it. You have to force yourself to fly upward... And then you think about a person that you want to contact. And you can actually go into their soul, you can do a sort of a spiritual sexual thing with them.

I know this sounds really hippy dippy California chicky... But well. I have done it. Not here in NYC. I am too corrupted here. Here it is too gritty and real. You have to be sheltered and apart from life.

They told me to stop doing it because I just wanted to go into that other world and be with my dad who was dead. They told me that I had to live in the world. I mean, I just wanted to die and be with my dad in the other world, I didn't care about living anymore. So in a way it was an escape. like a drug...

But NYC was a cure for all of that...

huh... funny, i have no trouble doing that stuff here in NYC... of course you see the damnedest things... but i love livin' in the city.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

A friend of mine and I tried it when we were studying the pagan thing and didn't really get it working. The weird side affect though was that we got to the point where we could almost read each others thoughts. We would speak in quarter sentences and it frustrated our other friends. We also became hyper aware of each other even when we weren't together.

Lots of practice, lots of meditating, casting circles really helps for the grounding and making sure no nasty energy comes your way. Never did get it working though.

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

I could do it for about a year. It began with a person yanking me out with them, during some medium work. Which of course spurred my interest, and I had what I considered the prerequasites for it, being into the ocult, and I meditated. I bought two books on the subject and worked on doing it more, and staying conciously in control (for me that became more difficult as time went by). My ability to do it, ended shortly after my girlfriend died; and I don't think it was my decision.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer

I know this sounds really hippy dippy California chicky...

Shit, you got that right. Though i know nothing about all this so ill read up on it sometime, im open minded, even if my b.s meter is so sensetive.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

always figured I'd have time for that when I'm dead

partiegurls_420's Avatar Junior Member

How are you supposed to do it?
    Are there not supposed to be any distractions or anything?
    Just curious! Thanks....

+ Reply to Thread