+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy disease

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Crazy disease

Kline levin syndrome

It makes people sleep for months at a time, they sometimes have amnesia for hours and days at a time.
    Does anyone know anything else about this disease (there isnt a whole lot of anything online) or donation centers, or anything?

Default Re: Crazy disease

Saw it once on discovery..this girl would sleep for days and wake up just long enough to use the rest room/eat then fall back asleep.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Sounds crazy!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

maybe thats what ive got...

K

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Very strange!

That article however was horrible. I think it was written by a 12 year old. Absolutely horrible.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

wow. this sounds almost exactly like something a friend of mine in high school had... although i dont think its the same thing... she would sleep pretty much constantly, she was sick all the time, (she had finromyalgia and other things i think... she was real bad...) she would come to school once in awhile and try to do so much stuff and catch up and everything that she would just wear herself right out and get sick again. it was really sad... but then a month or 2 months later, she would show up at school again.
    me and some other friends of hers went to her house on her birthday, and it took us almost half an hour just to wake her up... we got to visit for an hour or so, she was sleepy the whole time and then when she fell asleep again, she was just gone.. god it was sad. i wanted to cry.
    but shes actually doing fine now... i talk to her quite often online and shes doing really good it seems like shes freaking awesome heh i love her to death!
    in fact... i might go email her right now!!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Very strange!

That article however was horrible. I think it was written by a 12 year old. Absolutely horrible.
    yeah, thts the best article I could find too...very limited resources

It sounds as though you naturally get better as you get older? So no 40 year olds have it?

yeah sounds like it... my friend ruth that possibly maybe had it, shes outgrown it by now, and shes about 23 or so... around my age...

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    wow. this sounds almost exactly like something a friend of mine in high school had... although i dont think its the same thing... she would sleep pretty much constantly, she was sick all the time, (she had finromyalgia and other things i think... she was real bad...) she would come to school once in awhile and try to do so much stuff and catch up and everything that she would just wear herself right out and get sick again. it was really sad... but then a month or 2 months later, she would show up at school again.
    me and some other friends of hers went to her house on her birthday, and it took us almost half an hour just to wake her up... we got to visit for an hour or so, she was sleepy the whole time and then when she fell asleep again, she was just gone.. god it was sad. i wanted to cry.
    but shes actually doing fine now... i talk to her quite often online and shes doing really good it seems like shes freaking awesome heh i love her to death!
    in fact... i might go email her right now!!
    do we know each other?!?! ha ha. no really, that sounds like me, i've been there. i have fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome, it makes me sleep all the time when i don't want to and/or be awake when i don't want to no matter how tired i am, either way it sucks. before i started dancing (exercise straightens things out a little but it's hard to make myself do, money is an EXCELLENT motivator) i just slept all the time. sometimes i would sleep for days, only getting up long enough to eat something and have a pee... maybe twenty minutes, then i'd pretty much just pass out again. i dropped out of high school because of it. it was very frustrating. i'm marginally better now, i find that i take more naps than most people. it's sometimes it's weird to know that i'm pretty much going to be in pain my entire life & i can't do much about it. i just try not to dwell on it. eh.

hah omg... that would so rock if we went to highschool together though...
    but yeah... youve got the same things that ruth had... sucks ass not fun at all. she had to force herself to stay awake to eat whenever she woke up, it was so bad...

+ Reply to Thread