+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apocalypto

Default Apocalypto

Who else is seeing this friday?

http://apocalypto.movies.go.com/

Looks like it'll be amazing.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Default Re: Apocalypto

It looks interesting... Wonder when it will open here?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it does look like it should be pretty good from the previews, but I'm wondering what kind of crazy nonsense we'll have battered over our heads, since this is mel "it's all the jews fault" gibson. I hope that it approaches the subject with some degree of respect or at least objectivity and not just another 'look at these stupid dumb savages' film.

my freind thinks that the mayans and aztecs were satan worshipers and the spanish genocide of the columbias was good christians doing their holy duty.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    it does look like it should be pretty good from the previews, but I'm wondering what kind of crazy nonsense we'll have battered over our heads, since this is mel "it's all the jews fault" gibson. I hope that it approaches the subject with some degree of respect or at least objectivity and not just another 'look at these stupid dumb savages' film.

my freind thinks that the mayans and aztecs were satan worshipers and the spanish genocide of the columbias was good christians doing their holy duty.
    see thats what im thinking, its gonna be hard to judge if theres anything like that in the movie by what people say, cuz i forget sometimes that everyone actually liked Passion of the Christ

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

After seeing the previews, what I took away from it was that it'll be like watching an action movie with good character development, set in an alien culture, with no Europeans involved.
    Atleast thats what I'm hoping for.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i saw a thingy on this movie... i thought it looked pretty neat... id go see it and hope its not horrible...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I'll probably pay for a ticket to see something else, then sneak in to see it...

It looks visually interesting, but I don't want to give that Jesus freak any of my money...

+ Reply to Thread