+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Have A Crush On My Boss....

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default I Have A Crush On My Boss....

So my boss is this super famous divorce attorney. Super rich. Custom made suits. Funny, dark sense of humor. Older man. But classy... Sigh..

The complete OPPOSITE of every goth boy I have ever dated!!!!

He is so cool. Not a loser like all of my other boyfriends.

There are camera crews in to film him at the office just about every other day. He knows all the famous rich jet set of the world... Just a really cool life...

I just LOVE working there, he is really nice to me... Sigh... Why can't I have a boyfriend like him instead of these total losers I always date?

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I Have A Crush On My Boss....

I had a total crush on my boss. Older guy, totally smart and really suave. Plus he had the cutest butt ever. One day he came into work on his vintage English motorcycle and leather jacket and I was just a little puddle on the floor. Never in a million years would I have thought he could be interested in little ol geeky me. Surprise surprise that was just over 16 years ago and we have been married for 7 of them.

You deserve the smart, classy guy just as much as the next girl, and probably more!

that's why we love you MJ. you're very entertaining.

(way to go Exquisite )

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

so what does he pay you to do??

you probablly got lot's in common and not even knowing it

well... you all know good the "fact" about powerfull people and their desire for someone to comand them for a change
    I heard that somewhere

Wow, I wonder if the crush on your boss could possibly be any more shallow?

You sound like a total gold digger, but if that's the case go for it.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

of COURSE you do!!!

I am attracted to different types of guys too. The distinguished salt and pepper haired guy with a nice suit sounds like fun.

A friend of mine gave me some great advice. I tried it, it works, I will pass it along to you........

Make a list of all the things you want in a guy. Become those things and that is the kind of person you will find. Now if you are looking to be rescued from your own bad choices that's a different problem entirely, but if you are looking for someone special he is out there.

For example, some things on my list would be:
    honesty
    integrity
    open minded
    artistic/ creative
    has something to teach me
    has something to learn from me

Goodness. On the surface it does seem a little shallow. Most of the qualities you mentioned are all superficial things dealing with fame, money, and power. Heck, you mentioned 'rich' twice in his qualities. To be fair though, there's probably more to him, and this, than is able to be communicated here in a simple post. Also, everyone likes nice things. Poverty sucketh.

However, my point IS this: Look at what it is you like about him because if it is so superficial then you're selling a lot of things too short. A lot of times the 'losers' we tend to date are merely pale reflections of ourselves. What we want and desire. The thing is: one may want, and even desire, Krispy Kreme donuts...doesn't mean it's exactly good for you.

Crushes are typically unproductive wastes of the heart's energy. They often go nowhere unless acted upon. Most aren't acted upon because we're all usually afraid of going down in flames after exposing our vulnerability.

Look at what you want from a significant other and be realistic about it. If the bar is set unrealistically high for someone to even come close to you're only setting yourself, and the other, up for lots of continuous disappointments.

Good luck to you though!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    So my boss is this super famous divorce attorney. Super rich. Custom made suits. Funny, dark sense of humor. Older man. But classy... Sigh..

The complete OPPOSITE of every goth boy I have ever dated!!!!

He is so cool. Not a loser like all of my other boyfriends.

There are camera crews in to film him at the office just about every other day. He knows all the famous rich jet set of the world... Just a really cool life...

I just LOVE working there, he is really nice to me... Sigh... Why can't I have a boyfriend like him instead of these total losers I always date?

i don't think you sound shallow at all MJ.

this guy is successful, obviously confident, he seems cool, and interesting to you... "classy"... why wouldn't a guy like that be attractive?

Scar's got a great idea there... i recently just added "reasonably financially stable" to my list of qualities i look for in a girl. not because i'm super materialistic, but because money woes break up more long term couples than almost anything else.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter

My opinion as well.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Actually at the risk of sounding shallow myself. One of the major things I looked for in a guy was that he was financially independent. The reason for this was I was tired of looking after and supporting loser boyfriends. Both my husband and I are successful in our fields and given the need we could both make it financially on our own. We are both in this relationship because we want to be and because we love each other, not because we need to be.

Not to mention that a Type A guy does have other personality traits which can be quite attractive especially if you like sexually submissive males. True they are challenging (part of the fun) however if you are a Type C (which I understand is normal for a sexually dominant female) you can usually get along with a Type A quite well with little fuss and in fact help each other considerably.

Money doesn't make you happy, it does make life easier but I guarantee if you marry only for money you won't be happy.

Edit: Just before I met my husband I made my own list, he had all the qualities plus more. True I totally lucked out but having the list made me realize that just because he puts the loo paper on the roller the wrong way I shouldn't run out the door.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter

i make a lot of money. i know i probably sound like a golddigger but damn, i'd like to find someone who makes more than me for a change. go for it, MJ! i'll be cheering for you.

hmmm...then i guess i need to be ReNeducated on shallowness. Cuz i do agree that one should be able to pull their own weight in the relationship dept. I mean, i've dated my share of bums (bummettes??) in my time and whereas i don't have a particular salary requirement gainfully employed (hopefully at something they like to do) is on my list as well...

hrm.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

hm. my boss is a fat guy who orders six boxes of buffalo wings every saturday (3 for everybody else, 3 for him) and who has sleep apnea so if he lies down while sleeping he'll die, resulting in him getting no sleep at home, and frequently dozing off while standing next to you in front of all the customers. he also has christian tatoos and tells people how awesome the Passion is,and that they shouldn't see the Davinci Code because it's evil and offensive.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

you know... i think i like misstress jennifers boss better... :S hah ehhwwww...

When famous & rich are the first two adjectives used to describe someone they are interested in, that doesn't stand out to me as anything more than vulgar & covetous.

MJs post came off like that to me. Finding someone who has something going for them is great, nobody wants a relationship with a leech. That's not being a gold digger. On the other hand saying "oh my god, this guy is so Rich & Famous ...jet-set... expensive suits... RICH..." Sorry MJ, that's reeks of gold digger to me. I'm not saying you are but it sounded like that to me.

If someone makes me truly happy I wouldn't give a shit what they did or how much money they made. I don't fucking care. The attitude of finding somebody who's 'finacially secure' as a prerequisite seems like just 'settling' to me. fuck that.

Everyone sounds shallow when describing a crush. Think about someone you really dig and describe them. For most of us I bet the first description is about sex appeal. Seriously, start describing Mistress Jennifer and I bet your first sentence describes how she looks. Also, if you date really short people for a few years and suddenly start crushing on someone from the NBA, I bet the first word you use is tall. Rich and famous is just an obvious separation from what he is being compared too. Also classy, nice and sense of humor were mentioned. It doesn't seem like gold digger to me so much as fan girl. It's ok to be a fan girl once in a while. Famous is a little sexy, rich is a little exotic, but it doesn't sound like this guy is some cheesy Donald Trump type with a bad personality and a worse comb over.

And even if it is shallow at this point, so what? Most relations ships start for shallow reasons and grow, and this is just a crush at this point. You don't crush on someone for deep, meaningful reasons. Those come later when you get to know them.

I mean geeze, if I sat around describing a crush on Fairuza Balk no one would bother to call me shallow or a gold digger, or just into looks. People would just agree or disagree with me, and email her website advising her to get a restraining order. So let the Mistress fangirl out an have her fun and let me go watch the craft again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Everyone sounds shallow when describing a crush. Think about someone you really dig and describe them. For most of us I bet the first description is about sex appeal.
    That's a good point. I hadn't though of that, but that is not necessarily always the case either. In the context of this thread a crush on beauty is different that a crush on someones money.

I see what your getting at, but MJs post just rubbed me the wrong way.

Nothing wrong with going after someone successful. Can't date losers all your life.

All good points. Having done a tour of duty in the advertising/marketing field for 15 years i often admit that looks are the precursor to finding something of worth. I'll admit i've never looked across a room and said out loud "wow. i bet she's a wonderful person on the inside once i get to know her." Would it all be different if one started off saying "He/She makes me laugh SO much!" before listing off the money, looks, and power. Which becomes the icing on the cake?

In the end, i just try my hardest to check myself before i wreck myself...

Nothing wrong with wanting someone that can support themselves. I'm only 21 now but won't be with someone that doesn't at least have A job or has desires, hopes and dreams of forwarding and bettering themselves.

Go with what seems right, and I'd give anything for the next person to make my knees rattle. Haven't had that for over a year, excluding the singer of japanese punk group The Faceful, but that got me a slap from my gf. I ran up and said "domo arigatou gozaimas!" (thankyou so very fucking much) after the gig and got a huge kiss on the cheek, a hug and a cute giggle and smile. I ran straight over to my girlfriend at the time kind of giddy and told her what happened. She informed me bluntly that I was blushing and slapped me.

Fuck it though, have fun.

Exquisite, nice job and its good to see you're happy haha.

I wish you worked for me, Jennifer

+ Reply to Thread