+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is this piercing called?

Default What is this piercing called?

I got a new piercing today, it's not an anti-tragus and my piercer is unsure as well (though he's been around the block for a LONG time) cause he hasn't done it before. Interested to know if anyone has any ideas. Hurt like a motherfucker .. but I'm a bitch on the table haha "oooooooOOOOO FUCK .. *needle punches through* .. I think I just came" - "sorry dude" - "tom, you know I like it"

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: What is this piercing called?

that would be a rook piercing i believe... i used to want to get that one SO bad hehe... or is that a diath? now im not 100% sure... google search time!

yup thats a rook i knew it. very sexy

http://www.bodymodforums.com/glossar...arts00rook.jpg

this is pretty nifty... shows all the piercings that you can get in the ear, and what theyre called! i like it

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    that would be a rook piercing i believe... i used to want to get that one SO bad hehe... or is that a diath? now im not 100% sure... google search time!

yup thats a rook i knew it. very sexy
    Haha. Wrong one

The rook is the top one, I know that haha :P I want to know what the one on the bottom is!

Even looking at that diagram the one I've thrown in is MUCH lower than the declared "anti-tragus".

I've been around piercing alot, just stay away from ALL the ones I'd like to throw in cause of work (though I might start getting away with it when my hair is long enough to cover my ears mwahahahahahaha) but I still tend to know all the names (so those diagrams don't help hehehe). That's why i'm having trouble pinning this one, cause it's not on the same section that would be classed as anti-tragus.

Here's a picture that gives a better angle.

Also, the diath is the piercing that would go on the cartiledge beneath the rook.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

then thats the tragus

hahaa okay sorry... the rook looked like the newest piercing... maybe it was just shadows making it look kindof red and sore... who knows.
    that one... no idea what it would be hehe... looks to me like it would be between an anti-tragus and a vertical lobe? :S

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

it's called a qwijibo.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

no no no, that is not a 'dumb, balding, hairless ape' or whatever bart called homer while playing scrabble on the simpsons.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    it's called a qwijibo.
    lmao

hahaa okay sorry... the rook looked like the newest piercing... maybe it was just shadows making it look kindof red and sore... who knows.
    that one... no idea what it would be hehe... looks to me like it would be between an anti-tragus and a vertical lobe? :S
    Nope that's itself making it look red and sore Hasn't healed properly, damned piercing. It's getting better though.

The one on the bottom with the purple dot next to it as in just marked up haha.

heh damn i didnt even see a purple dot there till you said it was there!!

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i'd say it is definately an anti-tragus though it is a bit lower than is common.

looking at piercing diagrams just reminds me of how much i always wanted a snug but just never got round to it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

just out of curiosity, is it your goal to pierce every possible spot on your ear other than the lobe?

Ummm. I've rules when it comes to piercing my own body, and I hate symmetry, so my goal is to pierce both ears, with there always being more in the right than left (because it feels like that's how things have to be). I will not repeat the same piercing in both ears eg. I have a conch in my left ear so I won't have one in my right. Also, they have to be small and neat (rook isn't looking too good atm). And it's got to be positioned so that people at work glaze over it and don't notice (they never noticed the rook cause you can't see it front on

As for lobes, don't want em pierced. I'd stretch, and they'd stretch out to about half an inch with scalpelling first time, cause I still need a professional job first haha.

ahhhh god if i had a piercing in one spot and not the same spot on the other ear it would bug me SOOOO BAD!!! seriously im like almost obsessive compulsive over symmetry... haha... that would drive me nuts.
    except that i want to rings in the left side of my lip... explain that one...

StolenName i know exactly what you mean symmetry wise, i completely wanted to have every possible piercing done in my ears..but could only ever have one type in either left or right, not both. i too have a conch in my left ear but my rook is in my right. i have more in my right ear than in my left as well (wow, so much in common! lol)

weirdly i prefer my left ear though, seems that my industrial, conch, helix and two lobe piercings just look better than the mishmash of my right ear piercings.

ahhhh god if i had a piercing in one spot and not the same spot on the other ear it would bug me SOOOO BAD!!! seriously im like almost obsessive compulsive over symmetry... haha... that would drive me nuts.
    except that i want to rings in the left side of my lip... explain that one...

hahaha, maybe you like asymmetry too? :P

Poison, i'm in love with both my ears right now. Though the damned ball fell out of my new one grr and I'm and idiot and can't get it in. PLUS it needs to be clamped anyway and i'm too uncoordinated to do that myself haha gonna have a drink with my piercer tomorrow anyway.

I'm pretty careful with my piercings, love everyone so I don't want to ever have a "mishmash" I guess. I'm pretty slow getting new ones, and the number seems to have grown gradually (and my piercer/mate lives too bloody far away anyway). Somehow though, I think this helps me appreciate every piercign I have and i REALLY appreciate the pain of that needle. Guess I've got to pace the fix haha.

lol, i agree. it's been too long since i got pierced but i seem to be growing out of the phase of needing to feel proud of new ones and enjoy looking after them. Not that any of mine were ever that paced! i got about 13 piercings in the space of one year

sorry to hear about the bar falling out of your new piercing, its the most annoying feeling in the world! though mostly i tend to fiddle on with the piercings in my nose, its the damn most irritating thing trying to screw a ball back onto a nose stud i can tell you!

Oh really? I don't have too much trouble with my septum. It healed up damn quick too! I used to have some trouble screwing on the balls but I've got used to it. I have to change the jewellery through my nose about six times a weekend. Work, play, work, play, work, play and then I can wait another week to do it all again.

Here's another piece of my favorite jewellery.

cause I couldn't find a straight bar here that wasn't stupidly overpriced, I had to cheapen things with an eyebrow bar 14g and two large spikes I tracked down for $10 total.

Damn I need to shave. Don't wear it out too often though cause I've nearly lost it in small bar tussles and don't plan on losing half my nose for the sake of someone elses excess testosterone. It also looks slightly more aggressive than the loop with small spikes anyway, so it goes down better most places anyway.

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

Don't know as much about piercing as you lot but i do know that i love the look of that one, *sigh* so many wonderful things that you can do with your body yet so little spare change to do them with.

I've got a lovely mate that does most of it for me for less than a beer generally. I usually just pay for the jewellery.

However, I don't have a tattooist, otherwise I'm sure I'd have a few of those haha.

i don't do anything that'll cost more than I "think" it should aka cheapass. Though I always try to offer my piercing mate more than he wants, usually give him a twenty instead of a ten, which he appreciates.

+ Reply to Thread