+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Apprentice: Some Dude's Backyard

Default The Apprentice: Some Dude's Backyard

If you go to NBC.com right now, it looks like you can watch a full reply of last Sunday's episode of The Apprentice: Los Angeles. Only the link on the front page of the site 404's. I don't blame them one bit. If my name were on that pale imitation of their earlier success, I wouldn't want to extend the viewership of that show either.
    Read the full article

Default Re: The Apprentice: Some Dude's Backyard

i love the Apprentice He really is a good business man and a good model to look up to.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    i love the Apprentice He really is a good business man and a good model to look up to.
    Have you seen the new season?

Ive seen the first episode. Interesting how they are making the losing team sleep in tents this time. I missed tonights episode but it replays tomorrow.

My favorite season would probably be last when Sean won. I think he did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Ive seen the first episode. Interesting how they are making the losing team sleep in tents this time. I missed tonights episode but it replays tomorrow.

My favorite season would probably be last when Sean won. I think he did a great job.
    What is interesting about it? I mean, besides the fact that you can get successful professionals to accept humiliation in return for time in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    What is interesting about it? I mean, besides the fact that you can get successful professionals to accept humiliation in return for time in the spotlight.
    Thats pretty much my point. Why would people who have had multi million dollar deals and their own business's want to have a 6 figure contract by doing tests on tv? Its fun to watch people do anything for more money. It's what drives most of whats on tv nowadays.

Making them sleep in tents is supposed to be a "work harder and smarter so you wont sleep out here anymore" thing, its humiliating yes, but its what makes home viewers go "OMG he's making sleep outdoors! We HAVE to watch it"

Most people watch it for the drama of the show, Although i'll admit I only really watch it mostly to see what strategy the teams do and come up with (it interests me), kinda like when i watch America's Next Top Model. I dont watch it for the "drama" of girls living with each other and competing, i watch it for the neat photo shoots they do.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Woah woah woah! You mean to say that reality tv is retarded and panders to the lowest common denominator of the world?

Thanks for that newsflash...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Woah woah woah! You mean to say that reality tv is retarded and panders to the lowest common denominator of the world?

Thanks for that newsflash...
    Very funny. In general, reality television is indeed like that. What was special about the beginning of The Apprentice is that it actually pandered to a far brighter demographic, one not generally served by reality television.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It's a shame that what was once an out of the box breakout hit reality show, which enjoyed wholly unexpected ratings success by rewarding professionalism and innovative business acumen, has devolved into humiliating summer camp car washes and off season beach front bikini contests. To make matters worse, they have taken all the appealing rational business sense out of the boardroom.

Also, I think if the question 'Are you gay?' is followed with 'You're fired!' in any business environment, it's grounds for a whopper of a discrimination suit. Your product didn't sell. You didn't appeal to the buyers. Whatever. But not 'Only a gay man would wear a pink(ish) swim trunk design, and you wore it so your fired. That's just stupid. Especially from a guy in a pink tie with borderline Liberace taste in decor.

But really, bottom line is, the show used to appeal to one demographic that is underserved and it had very high ratings and now it is structured to appeal to a different demographic that is actually quite well served already, so their ratings are dropping and they haven't figured out what the problem is. Mr. Trump, you're fired.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I think Donald was suprised that the show did as well as it did and now he's just seeing how low it can go with people still watching it

+ Reply to Thread